PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on alignment specs on a 5th gen

Nitro_Alltrac
08-11-2014, 04:56 PM
As you have probably seen in my other thread, the last time I had the car lined up before I left Texas, the guy apparently didn't set the camber and now I'm replacing the front tires again in less then 1800 miles.

I've got new tires coming that are supposed to be delivered today. I'm going to have those mounted and the car aligned this week.

I'm thinking I'm going to have them set the alignment to match what Whiteline recommended with their suspension kit. What I've got is similar to that. For camber they recommended between 1 and 1.5 degrees of negative. What do you guys think? With regular rotation intervals of around 6000 miles, should this give me decent tire wear?

Previously before I changed the struts and springs I was getting about 30-35K on the Kumho AST's that I've been running on the car. That was with no camber bolts and the factory suspension settings and rotating on the 6000 mile schedule.

Let me know what you think.

KoreanJoey
08-13-2014, 09:42 AM
I think that would be fine. Honestly, it depends on the type of driving you do. The celica is now the borrowed beater so that my friends have a car to autocross and I have -2.7 on the front an -2 on the rear. Seems to work well for the application.

Nitro_Alltrac
08-13-2014, 11:18 AM
I haven't tracked it or do autocross. Mainly daily driver off and on and sprinted mountain driving when I can. I found the Whiteline specs I had for the 185 and it is recommending 0 toe and 1.25 negative camber. I think that's what I'm going to go with.

Thanks Joey. I was hoping you'd chime in.

VavAlephVav
08-22-2014, 02:30 AM
go to a place that has a modern alignment rack and they will give you a computer printout of All your settings before and after alignment. then you can be sure of what its set to.
like this http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=92146

of course at this point I needed struts and mounts and this was the best they could do without replacing them but it still rolled pretty straight.

VavAlephVav
08-22-2014, 05:02 PM
This is the sticky from 6gc lots of good links on how to set up the suspension and alignment
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=80081

Nitro_Alltrac
08-23-2014, 01:34 AM
Thanks my good man!