PDA

View Full Version : Used 1990 Celica 2.2 GTS engine

BMATT
08-09-2014, 11:42 PM
I bought a used engine from CarParts.com to replace the one that blew up in my 1990 Celica GTS. I soon realized that car was not worth the trouble to swap the engines since there was so much else wrong with the car. I basically wasted $450 + freight on an engine I can no longer use.

My question is would it be worth it to try and sell this engine and hope to recoup the funds I spent that I absolutely can't afford to lose as I can't even pay my mortgage right now.

Car_Barn_Bandit
08-09-2014, 11:48 PM
I bought a used engine from CarParts.com to replace the one that blew up in my 1990 Celica GTS. I soon realized that car was not worth the trouble to swap the engines since there was so much else wrong with the car. I basically wasted $450 + freight on an engine I can no longer use.

My question is would it be worth it to try and sell this engine and hope to recoup the funds I spent that I absolutely can't afford to lose as I can't even pay my mortgage right now.

What's the info/history on the motor? I may be replacing mine soon, and I live in Los Angeles...

BMATT
08-11-2014, 08:04 PM
It's from a 1991 Toyota Celica 2.2L Federal Model Automatic Transmission. It was listed as having 139,000 miles.

Here are some pictures of it when it was installed in the Celica that it came out of as well as of the decals from under the hood.