PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Annual Dragon Run, or...

Murgatroy
07-31-2014, 10:52 PM
So I have heard some rumblings of not wanting to go back to the Dragon next year. After Bruce and now Eli, there are some sad feelings about it and what not.

We have done this for over ten years in one form or another, from as far back as the Celica.net days. Granted, it has become a yearly tradition and a rather large yearly event.

What I am asking is, are we going back to the Dragon next year, or are we going somewhere else, and if it is somewhere else, where?

One of the appeals of the Dragon was the price. and the ability of most of us to drive there. I will be honest, I will not pay more than $120 a night, and flying is not an option. So if it is more than 12 hours, I am not going.

That cuts Vegas out. Sorry.

I am making a poll. Dragon or other. If other make your suggestions.

Go!

Nitro_Alltrac
07-31-2014, 11:01 PM
Wow, the first one to vote.

I went with the Dragon not so much for the Dragon itself. Law enforcement, long with some of the traffic at times, kind of makes the Dragon itself a bitch to run at times. BUT there are a hell of lot of great roads in the area, it's easy for most of us to get too. I like being able to get in the car and drive about 4-5 hours and be there. I know that there are good driving areas in other parts of the country but I'm not really up for 15-20 hours in the Celica. I'd love to drive some of the roads on the West Coast but driving out there in the Celica isn't really an option and flying plus the hotels would awful expensive.

If we're not happy with staying at Fontana, we can find a different location. The resort itself was find. The only negative for me this year (first time staying there) was the lack of places to eat but that wasn't that big of a deal.

For myself, I like coming to the meeting to drive with the group and to see you folks. I've been down there several times either by myself or with one or two others and the driving is fine but having the big group together is awesome.

Luni
07-31-2014, 11:14 PM
All you people in the "south" or on the "east coast" are cunts.

Ive been coming out there for the past like 8 years. Every time. Get on a plane. Every year spend damn near a grand (or more) to do this.

You fucks should come out west. :P Fuck you Murg.

Murgatroy
07-31-2014, 11:18 PM
To be fair you don't bring a wife and daughter, or have to board your dog.

If it was just me, it wouldn't be a problem, the Ogopogo wouldn't be a problem (if they let me cross the border, which I am sure that is all cleared up by now.)

The gig is I bring my wife and heathen, and next year planned on bringing my dog too, since I can't stand the idea of boarding her again after this past time.

jdm_celica_gts
07-31-2014, 11:22 PM
I vote central us somewhere. That way it's not west coast or east coast and it's closer for people making a travel. I don't know of any roads that way but it seems like it would be a fair compromise if we could find a nice place.

MCcelica
08-01-2014, 12:17 AM
CrIsCo and I are about as "central" as it gets. Here's the problem. While we do have roads that are as twisty as, if not more twisty than the Dragon... they are usually of shorter duration or are in shit condition. We are also outside of Murg's "op-box" with the possible exception that DIA is pretty cheap to fly into.

However there are a metric fuck-ton of nifty little towns to go through and lots of scenic stuffs, awesome chow, and for those of you who want to blaze the recreational MJ legally... you get the idea. Craft brewery tours are also plentiful in these parts. I'm thinking that if we're going to do a drive, we can take the back route to Estes Park from Fort Collins and see shit like the hotel from The Shining, and do some cool stuff out there. Fort Collins, as you also know, has the best breweries around and most of them are within stumbling distance of each other. I'm going to save my vote until we discuss it further.

Murgatroy
08-01-2014, 12:30 AM
I ain't getting on no plane.

Car_Barn_Bandit
08-01-2014, 12:40 AM
I can drive to CO

Let's sedate the Kentucky weirdo and force him onto a plane.

Mafix
08-01-2014, 01:06 AM
more than ever, we have reason to be at the dragon. with bruce and eli, what would they want? we all know this answer. i'll see you there bitches. (btw 9 hour drive in this car, you pussies have no clue)

MCcelica
08-01-2014, 02:22 AM
more than ever, we have reason to be at the dragon. with bruce and eli, what would they want? we all know this answer. i'll see you there bitches. (btw 9 hour drive in this car, you pussies have no clue)

I've driven 22 hours one way, 22 back the other way three times...

CollapsedNut
08-01-2014, 03:37 AM
You know me, somebody tell me where to be and I'll be there. If you want "central" well guess what, the geographical center of North America is in Rugby ND, just down the road from me. Come up here, we can all drink beer with clamato and pickles in it and I'll take you guys out to the two paved curves in ND.

Murgatroy
08-01-2014, 03:53 AM
Lebanon KS is the middle of the lower 48.

MCcelica
08-01-2014, 04:42 AM
There are no curvy roads in KansASS.

Here's a rundown that I would be willing to put together if we decide to do it out here. There are approximately 5 hotels in the SW corner of Fort Collins where we would start out. We would be able to go out around Horsetooth Reservoir for a rendezvous point for pictures and the like. Very nice area. Cruise just south of Horsetooth Mountain Park, and catch 25E south to Hwy 34, or Buckhorn Rd the same way. (I'll do some further recon and make sure either of those are paved. If not, there are plenty of other routes). Head west on 34 and branch off at Drake, CO and continue on 43 down to Estes Park where we can do lunch, and take a tour of the Stanley Hotel, which is not only spooky as hell, but also freeking awesome. There are a couple other places nearby that we can leave as optional. After that we can head back into Old Town Fort Collins where all the best breweries are. Coopersmiths is smack in the middle of Old Town and makes a wicked nut brown ale, they are one of the best pubs in town, and they also have a separate part of the establishment designed for playing pool, fooseball, and is fairly well designed for shenanigans.

Speak the word and I'll lock all of it on.

Murgatroy
08-01-2014, 04:46 AM
I am going to be honest, Colorado is too far for me.

I won't be going.

The reason that the Dragon has been so popular is because of how close it is to most of us that go. For the majority, it is just a few hour drive to get there. Plus short of a dedicated race track, you will be hard pressed to find a tight congolomeration of roads.

MCcelica
08-01-2014, 07:03 AM
Lets be clear here.

I am offering this as an option. I have a hard time imagining a Celicatech meet without Murgy. I'm also aware that most folks on here are what I call, "Balls ass east". However I also know there are some folks out west (Ahem: Mario, Pete, Michael) who may like to meet the majority of the site in person. The topic was presented that many would like to experience something other than the Dragon, but few people actually came up with legitimate alternatives. If nobody wants to come here, I'm not going to make anybody. I'm perfectly happy to go out to the Dragon again. If someone else closer to Murg has another road and a list of activities they would like to do, post it up in here as another option. And frankly I don't think Bruce or Eli would care where we meet up, so long as we meet up, rub a bunch of homo on each other, and have a great fucking time.

Let us also be aware that just because the option I'm offering is here, it is still not really all that near where I live. I'm still at very least an hour and a half away from my own proposed starting point.

And Murgy... If, and I really mean IF, we decide to do a meet out here, at least give me the chance to address and/or mitigate some of your concerns about going this far out of your territory. I know you don't consume alcohol, so a brewery tour may not work out for you (although you may find it interesting). Rest assured, there's plenty of other shit to do around there. So if we want to reserve a camp ground and light dead animals on fire, then eat them, we can do that too. If you don't think Jess and Booger would find something to love out here, you're wrong. Denying them the opportunity...? you know where I'm going with this. If it's boarding the dog? Bring 'er to my house, she can camp out here. Hotels too expensive? Hit me up and I'll even that out. Don't want to spend that long in the car with the fam? ... Well... I can't help ya there, but we'll make it worth the time once you get in.

Like I said. It's just an option. And I'll be perfectly happy to go either way. For me, the Dragon meet is only 10% about the Dragon, and 90% hanging out with you fuckin' idiots. Is the 22 hour drive worth it to me? Fuck yes it is. I wouldn't have done it three times myself and made my pops come along once if it wasn't. Would I still take a trip if someone else proposed a legit option and everyone else was backin' it? Shit yeah. If Mike hosts one up in the freakin' back ass woods of WV (Where I know there are also some good roads)? Pfft. I may bring some of my other even more strange kinfolk along (Ahem uncle Rudy).

I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'. If we want to do it differently, I'm game. If not? I'm wearing my 2013 Dragon shirt as I type. (The pink one that Azzy gave me. :-P) So what's the deal? We doing it here in "Ballerado"? We doing it at Fontana/Dragon? We doing it somewhere else? Put your options up, we'll change this poll from "Dragon versus elsewhere" to a "by location" type thing. Winner takes all. And if it's outside of anyone's comfort zones, we'll honor this site's traditions of making sure folks can get there any way we can.

That's my option. What's yours?

Murgatroy
08-01-2014, 07:48 AM
Dude, I am not calling you out or being a dick. I am just saying I can't go. Time, Cost, Family, etc... I don't fly. Won't do it unless there is no other option. That means vacation isn't flying. I am sure the family would have fun, but I am not dealing with my family in a car for 30+ hours one way. Remember, I drive slow.

You forget, I am a Navy Brat, we transferred posts coast to coast every summer, for twelve years. I know what it is like to be stuck with a family in a car for that long, a lot. I have been through Colorado. As a matter of fact there are only a few states (mostly NE) that I haven't been too or stayed in.

I am sure it would be fun, but I am not about it. I am a crotchety old man as shitty as it sounds. I don't like to be away from home that long.

Papabear and I talked, and I think the Utah crew is going to blow the Dragon off next year and go Ogopogo instead.

To be honest, after ten years plus, I don't see a reason to change it. I just wanted to see what other folks would say since I have heard this a time or two now.

I am leaving it up, but odds are good that we will go back to Fontana next year, like we did last year, and the year before, and the year before...

Murgatroy
08-01-2014, 07:56 AM
And while hanging with Pete would be awesome, even for a fucking hippy, I have hung with Chris Cornell and took Michael to the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot.

METDeath
08-01-2014, 12:10 PM
CrIsCo and I are about as "central" as it gets. Here's the problem. While we do have roads that are as twisty as, if not more twisty than the Dragon... they are usually of shorter duration or are in shit condition. We are also outside of Murg's "op-box" with the possible exception that DIA is pretty cheap to fly into.

However there are a metric fuck-ton of nifty little towns to go through and lots of scenic stuffs, awesome chow, and for those of you who want to blaze the recreational MJ legally... you get the idea. Craft brewery tours are also plentiful in these parts. I'm thinking that if we're going to do a drive, we can take the back route to Estes Park from Fort Collins and see shit like the hotel from The Shining, and do some cool stuff out there. Fort Collins, as you also know, has the best breweries around and most of them are within stumbling distance of each other. I'm going to save my vote until we discuss it further.

You do know the airport code for Denver International Airport is DEN, right?

I ain't getting on no plane.

Drink your milk.

I can drive to CO

Let's sedate the Kentucky weirdo and force him onto a plane.

Psst... You're gonna need this milk.

donteatbugs
08-01-2014, 01:59 PM
I dont care either way. I voted dragon but there is a awesome kart track in CO with 90mph karts. Im also not opposed to a race track. We could rent a cheap one and have the meet there, drive all you want without a ticket and then go to a hotel and drink a lot. I think we should have a quad meet.

grimmythereaper
08-01-2014, 03:01 PM
i voted for the dragon, but if something else is what you guys want i say everyone comes to houston, the beach is 30 min. away and parts of it we can get to with our cars :) and there are parts of the freeways that are very fun to drive late at night

T-spoon
08-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Problem with moving it is.. in order to make it actually reasonably close enough for west coasters to come to, it would have to be much closer than the middle of the US anyway, which just makes it that much less likely the people that have been going to the Dragon would come. As long as I live out here, it's very unlikely I'll make it to the Dragon, and very few that live close the Dragon will make it to the Ogopogo, but that's really to be expected. I think the better route would be to add a midwest meet for those that live within reasonable travel distance and those that can afford the time and money to travel further to a different meet still probably will, to hang out with the other "areas" of ctech.

BTW, WV has some pretty bad-ass roads, which are maintained surprisingly well. (they have better pavement than we do in Seattle, that's for sure!)

CollapsedNut
08-01-2014, 03:50 PM
I dont give two fucks about the roads, I just go to see my friends and show them my nuts. I can do that anywhere.

Azzazzyn
08-01-2014, 04:48 PM
^I'm with the monkey. I'll go wherever

MCcelica
08-01-2014, 06:13 PM
You do know the airport code for Denver International Airport is DEN, right?

You do know that nobody here calls it "DEN", right?

And Murg, no I get ya brotha. And I don't think that this site has enough active members to support an additional/separate midwest meet either. If we divide up the community too much there winds up not really being one. Pick a location, and everyone goes there. Cause, like a few of us said, it's more about the community. Personally, geographically speaking? The St. Louis area is doable, right? Anyone from around there who can find us a good road or track and make a fun weekend out of it?

Post up the options!

Murgatroy
08-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Fuck all of you, I am just going to create my own Dragon Meet with blackjack and hookers.

Murgatroy
08-01-2014, 07:59 PM
Wait a minute...

I already did that. Ten years ago...

andy
08-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Im with ben, quad trip to the mountains it is

Nitro_Alltrac
08-01-2014, 10:58 PM
If you guys are really interested quad stuff, there is a great trail system, the Hatfield-McCoy Trail. It's just south of me. We have people come in from the northeast and all over the east coast to ride those trails. I've never ridden them but guys I work with go all the time. It's a huge money maker. I also know there are some good roads here as well, just not sure how good the roads down there, at least quality wise. The good driving/bike roads are more in the eastern part of the state. We could do a combo thing. Spend some time down at Hatfield-McCoy and then head over for the driving. Lodging shouldn't be an issue in either place.

I can do some checking on this if you all want.

I agree with Spoon, I think if we try to move this particular meet that far west it's going to hurt. Some of the folks that come to the current Dragon meet just won't be able to make it that far (cash flow, car won't make it, etc). And with flying, what are we going to do for cars? The folks that fly in now have options here given that there aren't that many needing rides/drives. If a bunch of us fly in there, what are we going to do? There aren't that many extra cars/seats there are there? Not being a dick, just asking so we can get things out for better decisions. My personally feeling is that we leave this one in the east and if we want to try to set something up in the mid west we work on that. Just my 2 cents.

Let me know on the first part of the post, let me know.

Murgatroy
08-01-2014, 11:26 PM
I am of the mind that if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

If we want something other than the Dragon, we just make a separate meet for it.

The if you can only afford one, choose the one you want.

Murgatroy
08-01-2014, 11:33 PM
If the gig is about something other than sitting at Deal's Gap and eating, or going to Ingles to me mocked as leaf lookers, there are lots of other things to do in the are.

Bruce and I had actually planned on blowing off the whole driving/drinking portion of the event to go to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg with our families to be proper tourists.

I have always talked about it, but Tellico River has some great trout fishing, State Line has some great off road trails. There is a lot to do if sitting around talking or driving is getting old.

I guess my biggest frustration is that everyone wanted to complain suddenly, but no one offered solutions, no one could even pinpoint what the problem with the meet is, and when cornered about it the solution was to obviously keep it the same, because it is a formula that has worked pretty well for as long as it has.

Nitro_Alltrac
08-01-2014, 11:45 PM
Murg, I don't have any complaints. I myself am perfectly happy with what we've been doing especially after missing it for the years I was in Texas. I like coming for the driving and hanging out. There are great roads all over the place there and I really love that.

I would rather come down there like we've been doing. I'm perfectly fine with what we do. I'm a little afraid that if we were to change it that we'd lose some people but that might not be true.

Murgatroy
08-01-2014, 11:47 PM
It is all good. The folks that have offered options aren't the ones who have been whining.

I am not upset, I am just being a bitch. Cause I can.

Shadowlife25
08-02-2014, 08:28 AM
I'm only going to say this once because I have thought about it in regard to different circumstances/events (related to the vaping industry), but the sentiment remains valid.

The whole point, is that we are together. The drive itself is a side benefit.
Location is unimportant as long as everyone that wants to go, goes.
There does also need to be some give on the part of those who are closest.
Anyone in the western US who has gone before or wants to, has a daunting drive to get all the way out to the usual spot.
The fact that they have all done so for as many years as there has been a meet, says that they value the camaraderie, sure.
It also says that no one else has been willing to make that same effort to relocate it somewhere, even once, to ease up or even out that burden.

That being said, I know that many of us (you) have families and jobs that are difficult to get away from for any period more extended than 2 or 3 days.
I also get that it is beyond tough to plan the logistics of bringing said families along.
I would like to point out though, that if it IS in fact a vacation (of sorts) which I do see it as, then why not really treat it like one?
Pack everyone up, take some time off, go see something new, eat new delicious foods, experience the local sights and culture and be around people who are close friends/family.

So yeah, I can see it both ways and having been, I can say that it would be wonderful no matter what, but I for one am not opposed to trying something new. Even if only for the one years' meet.

Murgatroy
08-02-2014, 05:16 PM
No you know what, I am getting kinda pissed about this.

I have put this together for ten years. For ten years no one has said a word, ChrisD, Tom and Chris and Stacy are the only other cats that try to organize anything.

Now, suddenly everyone wants to bitch about the Dragon, it is too far, it is too sad, it is too expensive, etc... So now everyone wants to move it across the country, to the middle of the country, to Mexico, to Australia...

You want a meet in Mexico, fucking organize your own meet in Mexico, and if people want to go, they can go.

I guess this is my own fault for allowing this to happen, I made the thread and asked, so everyone shitting on it is all my fault. I like the fact that all the folks that want it moved, haven't voted.

I guess I am just of the opinion that a Stanley Hotel doesn't have the same tone to it as a Dragon Run. I am also pretty sure that if we moved it, a lot of the same folks won't be there, thus defeating the purpose, since there are ~20 of us that are there every year.

But again, I am just being a bitch.

Car_Barn_Bandit
08-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Put your man panties back on. I'm not sure what gave you thought to moving it. I'm sure the Dragon will be happening next year.

The good thing from this convo is the need for a Western meet. We can shoot snakes and smoke blunts in Colorado territory. The airport code for Denver is DEN, as in Bear Den. That has to be a thing on this site.

METDeath
08-02-2014, 06:11 PM
No you know what, I am getting kinda pissed about this.

I have put this together for ten years. For ten years no one has said a word, ChrisD, Tom and Chris and Stacy are the only other cats that try to organize anything.

Now, suddenly everyone wants to bitch about the Dragon, it is too far, it is too sad, it is too expensive, etc... So now everyone wants to move it across the country, to the middle of the country, to Mexico, to Australia...

You want a meet in Mexico, fucking organize your own meet in Mexico, and if people want to go, they can go.

I guess this is my own fault for allowing this to happen, I made the thread and asked, so everyone shitting on it is all my fault. I like the fact that all the folks that want it moved, haven't voted.

I guess I am just of the opinion that a Stanley Hotel doesn't have the same tone to it as a Dragon Run. I am also pretty sure that if we moved it, a lot of the same folks won't be there, thus defeating the purpose, since there are ~20 of us that are there every year.

But again, I am just being a bitch.

Getting pissed about 7 to 1 is being a bitch, indeed.

Personally, I could rather enjoy using the excuse of going to the Dragon to buy new wheels/tires/etc.

4thgenceli
08-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Who's Tom?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The Captain
08-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Little Switzerland, NC

It's an hour north of Asheville which gives us something to do other than farting, ball showing and man-soup hot tubbing.

Bar stays open late. Nice place. Lots of options with great roads.

My 2 cents.

CollapsedNut
08-03-2014, 12:40 AM
I'm with Cappy. It's a great alternative. Sure AVL isn't gonna be the cheapest place to fly into, it's gonna be a connecting flight, but it's right there. But I really don't care, I'm pretty much central as fuck. The Ogopogo is actually closer to me, which I am going to next year BTW. Where ever it is, I'll be there. I like the Dragon because I can fly into AVL, see my family and friends for a few days, then go to Fontana and see a bunch of dick sharing cum dumpsters. So I'ma go vote Dragon so Murg doesn't have a melt down.

Mafix
08-04-2014, 01:22 AM
according to the poll....we are going to the dragon.
i'm with you murg. dragon. it can be just us. or it can be a ton of peeps. just chillin and being celica nerds.

VavAlephVav
08-04-2014, 01:43 AM
anythingwith lots of nice curves is what I want. and a twisty road would be fun too.

Grot
08-04-2014, 03:04 AM
if we go to NC, ima need a ride.
I will try to be there, and the popo said i cant drive there no more.

MCcelica
08-04-2014, 06:35 AM
Murg, you may be reading into it a bit much. I love going to the Dragon. I love talking about it when I get back. Hell, I like bragging that my car with "over 23x,xxx miles has been twice" on a day to day basis. I have no objection to filling up my rear quarter windows with Dragon decals for every time she's been. You were bitching because
I guess my biggest frustration is that everyone wanted to complain suddenly, but no one offered solutions, . The fact that you may not like my solution, which is fine, means that I actually did pose one.

Even if it is just for one year, I'd still do it. Like Mario said. The three years I've gone out there were courtesy of taking a week off of work, getting the car ready, "Is my sister ok with me crashing on her couch for one night there and one night back?", getting all my clothes packed and bouncing. If I can cut my one-way drive time down by 10 hours, and do something in St. Louis, or even up near Chris and Stacy, that'd be pretty sweet.

At the end of the day, I don't care where it is, so long as it happens, and at least most of the regulars are there.

burnyd
08-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Anywhere really Ill actually go.

bloodMoney
08-04-2014, 03:55 PM
All you fuckers know that you are welcome to meet us up in Chi to cruise down to Murgy and the Dragon.

And most of you fuckers also know that Stacy and I host the largest Midwest Celica meets each year. We try to have 3-4 so that everyone can try to make it out. Now I'll admit that I haven't been the most diligent about getting the details up here, but that's because it started as a 6g meet and has since grown into something more. For this I apologize and will post up the planning details as they come up.

Now, back to the topic on hand:

Stacy and I look forward to the Dragon every year. That being said, we will continue to look forward to the Dragon every year. We have been trying to figure out a way to pull off both the Dragon and Ogopogo in the same year. But we would drive them both, like a boss.

I haven't voted, but you should know that meet or not, we will be down at the Dragon. My only request is that we shift the damn date so its not FUCKING RAINING THE WHOLE TIME.

This March bullshit is bullshit. It was originally done to accommodate myself and Andy, but we're out of school now, so FTS back to regularly scheduled programming.

MCcelica
08-04-2014, 07:49 PM
^Speaking of regularly scheduled programming... lemme get a "fuck yeh" for pre-season football!

Stoked on it!

Luni
08-04-2014, 09:52 PM

Says the guy whos shown up what? Twice?

Luni
08-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Im cool with moving the date back into early/mid APRIL but Im not ever going back there in May. Fuck that.

Also, I still find exception with the issues that some of the people have. I will go on record and say I think its bullshit that Ive put myself on an airplane 8 years in a row (is it 8? Its at least 7) and spent prolly close to 10k now in meets, to come visit your happy asses, and theres only 2 of you from the eastern side of the country who have actually come to visit me. Bugs and Cappy.

So, fuck all you in that regard. And yeah Murg, despite the fact that we joke about shit. Im calling you out. Im not saying that you NEED to come visit me, but the fact that you woulnt even consider getting on a plane for it, kinda hurts my feelers.

I dunno. Im done being a bitch. I may or may not be there next year, I havent decided. I really want to go to Ogopogo once and its really hard to swing both meets in the same year.

andy
08-04-2014, 10:38 PM
The only reason I go is to eat and drink with you fucktards. And the balls.

Murgatroy
08-04-2014, 10:39 PM
If it were me, just me, not the wife, not the daughter, not the dog. Me. I would be there. Me and Harmony. Driving 30+ hours is nothing.

But it isn't just me.

If the time ever comes that my ass NEEDS to come see you, don't fucking be a bitch, you know I would be there.

However I am a married family man, and vacations don't exist for me anymore. The entire family must he taken into consideration.

Bitch.

Murgatroy
08-04-2014, 10:40 PM
The only reason I go is to eat and drink with you fucktards. And the balls.

Mmmm, balls...

Luni
08-04-2014, 11:13 PM
I still hate you. So go fuck yourself.

Shadowlife25
08-05-2014, 01:55 AM
I think maybe my post came off wrong... I don't know why, but it seems like I upset you with what I said Murg.
Please try to take it in the spirit in which it was written.
I was simply trying to say, "The Dragon" is more than just a destination. It is all of us, together, doing what we do.
I was also trying to say, why preclude the possibility of something new?
That was all. No offense intended or implied.
I know how much work you have put into planning everything out every year and that isn't something lost on me or anyone else here, I don't think.

Now think about the two years that because of my health and finances I couldn't make the Dragon to be with you all. Stacy and Chris and Criso and Rob and You all called me on the phone and passed it around so I could say hi to everyone.
For me, that was as good as being there since physically I was unable. It meant a lot to me.
So, for whatever it's worth, Thank You. To everyone that has made it what it has become over the years.

And Marshall calling my happy ass every couple hours to make sure I was ok on the drive out and putting me up in a telly for the night. I don't think I have ever slept so well before. Though I was beyond exhausted. LOL :)

METDeath
08-05-2014, 03:25 AM
Im cool with moving the date back into early/mid APRIL but Im not ever going back there in May. Fuck that.

Also, I still find exception with the issues that some of the people have. I will go on record and say I think its bullshit that Ive put myself on an airplane 8 years in a row (is it 8? Its at least 7) and spent prolly close to 10k now in meets, to come visit your happy asses, and theres only 2 of you from the eastern side of the country who have actually come to visit me. Bugs and Cappy.

So, fuck all you in that regard. And yeah Murg, despite the fact that we joke about shit. Im calling you out. Im not saying that you NEED to come visit me, but the fact that you woulnt even consider getting on a plane for it, kinda hurts my feelers.

I dunno. Im done being a bitch. I may or may not be there next year, I havent decided. I really want to go to Ogopogo once and its really hard to swing both meets in the same year.

Then who the hell took this picture of me? http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/6/3/5/9/4730_105174896778_2721208_n_thumb.jpg (http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=23915)

The only reason I go is to eat and drink off you fucktards. And the balls.

Fixed.

KoreanJoey
08-05-2014, 09:35 AM
I think I drove the furthest to get to the dragon (I drove the majority of the time so Steve doesn't count). Once. There's a reason.

METDeath
08-05-2014, 01:37 PM
I think I drove the furthest to get to the dragon (I drove the majority of the time so Steve doesn't count). Once. There's a reason.

'cause you a bad mother fucker?

KoreanJoey
08-05-2014, 03:46 PM
I would have come back except it's fucking far...

MCcelica
08-05-2014, 03:53 PM
See my quote in Joey's sig for driving distance.

But Murg. I know you're married and vacations don't exist for you. But I remember when I was growing up. Not with my own fam, but with my buddy's fam. His folks were married. They went on vacation. They also brought my buddy when they went, and they even brought me. That is why I've been to Mexico but I say it doesn't count cause I don't remember it. I've been lots of cool places with them. It is possible. Just sayin'.

BabyBear
08-05-2014, 05:16 PM
See my quote in Joey's sig for driving distance.

But Murg. I know you're married and vacations don't exist for you. But I remember when I was growing up. Not with my own fam, but with my buddy's fam. His folks were married. They went on vacation. They also brought my buddy when they went, and they even brought me. That is why I've been to Mexico but I say it doesn't count cause I don't remember it. I've been lots of cool places with them. It is possible. Just sayin'.

Its definitely possible for Murg to, but he is too much of a punk ass bitch to do it. He apparently only loves us when we come his way. What a selfish dick!

P.S. I still love you Murg, only cause you give the sweetest HJ's with your mouth...

Murgatroy
08-05-2014, 06:57 PM
It would be possible, yes. I am not wealthy, but my circumstances aren't horrible like they have been in the past.

However, and I will just lay this out here, vacations are not a priority for me. We allocated X amount a year for vacation, as the Dragon is reasonably affordable, we have allocated expenses to other areas. If I were instead to plan a trip to Vegas, and take the neighbor kid, just because, I would have to reallocate my finances that are most likely tied up somewhere else.

Between building and repairing my credit and saving for a house; buying fancy, shiny, reliable cars; ensuring my daughter receives a quality education and upbringing; participating in the local Youth Soccer Organization; working; preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse; and you know, other shit that family oriented adults do, I don't really have two or three grand to justifiably drop on a trip to Vegas, no matter how long my daughter will fondly remember helping me hide the bodies of the hookers.

Now that we are all done being assholes to each other, I think it is obvious that we are going back to the Dragon next year.

I know that we discussed trying to get one of the big mulitlevel cabins next year, so we could still be separate, but together. Do we want to try that?

METDeath
08-05-2014, 10:18 PM
I know that we discussed trying to get one of the big mulitlevel cabins next year, so we could still be separate, but together. Do we want to try that?

Sure, but I get to be the big spoon.

Luni
08-05-2014, 10:54 PM
Marshall, the only reason you have come out here is cause your work put you here. You havent come on your own volition.

With that said, Ill allow it. So add Marshall to the list of people who ARENT punk ass bitches and have come visit me. Joey has too. And Joel and Mario (although I wasnt here LOL)

Luni
08-05-2014, 10:55 PM
Bitch, Ill fucking decide.

burnyd
08-06-2014, 12:23 AM
blah blah Im angry I trunk VLANs blah b lah

METDeath
08-06-2014, 12:57 AM
Marshall, the only reason you have come out here is cause your work put you here. You havent come on your own volition.

With that said, Ill allow it. So add Marshall to the list of people who ARENT punk ass bitches and have come visit me. Joey has too. And Joel and Mario (although I wasnt here LOL)

Tell ya what, when's a good weekend in October?

Luni
08-06-2014, 01:21 AM
I dunno. What do you want to do? If you came in September wed be able to go to Oktoberfest. Maybe even up to Dustys cabin. October doesnt have shit going on in Utah really.

KoreanJoey
08-06-2014, 06:03 AM
I'll be rolling through end of August and beginning of September...

Mafix
08-06-2014, 12:59 PM
remember my party cabin.....should we do that again?
admitting that I don't remember too much from those nights....
and who crawled in bed with me and cuddled, I miss that. (my guess is azzy)

donteatbugs
08-06-2014, 02:12 PM
I wouldnt mind coming up to utah and do an extended quad ride. It probably wont be this year though. I have F1 later this year.

METDeath
08-06-2014, 05:48 PM
I dunno. What do you want to do? If you came in September wed be able to go to Oktoberfest. Maybe even up to Dustys cabin. October doesnt have shit going on in Utah really.

September is no good for me, I've got an anime convention to go to and am taking a week of vacation.

remember my party cabin.....should we do that again?
admitting that I don't remember too much from those nights....
and who crawled in bed with me and cuddled, I miss that. (my guess is azzy)

Not azzy... that was DRAMA.

burnyd
08-08-2014, 11:10 PM
a track rental would be the most baller idea. That is if we are not doing the dragon of course.

Murgatroy
08-08-2014, 11:49 PM
I kind of have to agree with that. But the question is, how do they rent, by the hour, the day? What is the cost?

Mafix
08-11-2014, 01:07 AM
special liscence required? need to hire instructors? ect. PITA. and for a tiny group it would be at least 300 per head per day

Hipster Lawrence
08-17-2014, 06:12 PM
My only request is that we shift the damn date so its not FUCKING RAINING THE WHOLE TIME.

The smokies get 7 feet of rain a year, close to 5-6" on average every month. So expecting it not to rain is pretty useless. We've had good luck in April and May in the past, but it was just that, luck. On average March, April and May will have the same amount of precip.

Our best bet is going to be October. But the problem with October is not only will there be lots of folks up there to drive the roads like there always are, but the leaf peepers will be there as well. And if you think driving behind Harleys is bad try driving behind a Floridian looking at the pretty leaves.

That said I am all for October.

Nitro_Alltrac
08-17-2014, 09:44 PM
^Jesse's right. October is nice weather wise. Before I moved to Texas I went down in October for two or three years straight.

While the weather is good, the damn Harley riders and the leaf lookers will make you crazy. One the Dragon at least. The damn Harley riders with their full dressers can't go around the curves without more or less stopping first and God forbid that they obey the law and pull over if you have more than three cars behind them.

ChrisD
08-18-2014, 02:24 AM
If you wanted to look at doing an autocross event like we do for Ogopogo, I could share some lessons learned for sure. Much cheaper than a track, we usually run about $450 total to do it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

donteatbugs
08-18-2014, 07:30 PM
I could get down with an autocross event.

Mafix
08-26-2014, 05:16 PM
ditto.

The Captain
08-27-2014, 04:16 AM
This is a MEET. Remember?

KoreanJoey
08-27-2014, 08:10 AM
They do a meet and an autocross at the local big subie show... Then again they do get something upwards of 2K cars.

Nitro_Alltrac
08-27-2014, 11:30 AM
I'd give it a try.

andy
08-27-2014, 02:18 PM
capn you spelled meet wrong

*meat*

Mafix
08-31-2014, 02:13 PM
there has to be titties. i only ask one thing.

METDeath
08-31-2014, 02:22 PM
there has to be titties. i only ask one thing.

Well, we can send bugs and andy into Robinsville to pick up their prom dates... we just have to card them and make sure they are at least 18, though.

CollapsedNut
08-31-2014, 10:31 PM
I'll make sure to pack extra rubbers this year.

ChrisD
09-01-2014, 03:39 PM
Autocross has become one of the best parts of our meet for sure. The things you need: venue, insurance, equipment. Best thing for us has been to team up with a local club that can handle those things for us. It's a tricky relationship to maintain because they get very little out of it aside from a small amount of money, but it is by far the easiest way. Everyone loves it, then we head back to the chalet for a big BBQ and party.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

KoreanJoey
09-08-2014, 05:16 AM
I could set that up here... Shit I pretty much run the local autocross anyways...

BabyBear
09-08-2014, 05:04 PM
I could set that up here... Shit I pretty much run the local autocross anyways...

But if you did that, then 90% of the people on the east coast wouldn't come... Bunch of punk ass bitches. We go out there every year, why can't you fucks do it for once?!

Luni
09-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Cause they cant, or wont or whatever. Circular arguement.

Im not traveling halfway across the country to autocross unless Im driving my own damn car or I guess one of Bugs cars. Im saying theres no room in the current dragon schedule for an autox event, not to mention really nowhere to put an autox on in that area.

Wed have to move the venue, it wouldnt be dragon anymore, and people would still bitch like they are now.

Its a lose/lose. I dont know how to make it work.

The Captain
09-11-2014, 11:39 PM
Let's have a Celicatech dragon*con dragon! We'll haul ass through the mountains dressed like stormtroopers!

BabyBear
09-12-2014, 06:45 PM
Let's have a Celicatech dragon*con dragon! We'll haul ass through the mountains dressed like stormtroopers!

This needs to happen!

burnyd
09-13-2014, 12:05 AM
Cause they cant, or wont or whatever. Circular arguement.

Im not traveling halfway across the country to autocross unless Im driving my own damn car or I guess one of Bugs cars. Im saying theres no room in the current dragon schedule for an autox event, not to mention really nowhere to put an autox on in that area.

Wed have to move the venue, it wouldnt be dragon anymore, and people would still bitch like they are now.

Its a lose/lose. I dont know how to make it work.

Is it weird that I read this with your voice in my head.

CollapsedNut
09-13-2014, 07:31 PM
I just wanna show up, see my friends, show my nuts to them and see theirs. Everything else is kinda just filler material.

METDeath
09-14-2014, 04:20 AM
I just wanna show up, see my friends, show my nuts to them and see theirs. Everything else is kinda just filler material.

No, the cock is the fill her material (or fill him for you male on male lovers).

burnyd
12-06-2014, 04:59 AM
Luni asked me to bump this thread since I have been going every year since last year.

bloodMoney
12-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Bahaha

Nitro_Alltrac
12-06-2014, 04:41 PM
Got to start some where.

CollapsedNut
12-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Hahaha

MCcelica
12-07-2014, 09:52 AM
Which is actually a valid point. Now is about the time we start thinking about when we're going to be there or what. So if you have any last minute ideas to toss in the ring, speak now or shut the hell up. That way we can move on with the planning. Thanks.

Nitro_Alltrac
12-07-2014, 02:19 PM
Seth's right. We need to make a decision pretty so we can pick a date and figure out where we're going to stay.

CollapsedNut
12-07-2014, 10:39 PM
Lets all get one big cabin this time. I'm sick of having to run back and forth across the damn place.

ChrisD
12-08-2014, 12:35 AM
Renting a giant chalet was one of the best decisions we made for Ogopogo. I might actually try to come to Dragon this year, wherever the hell it ends up being. Although I would love to actually drive the Dragon.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The Captain
12-08-2014, 02:47 AM
Lets all get one big cabin this time. I'm sick of having to run back and forth across the damn place.

Said the single dude.

I'm up for anything but Little Switzerland would be fun. Roads are excellent. It's an hour north of Asheville for people who fly in. Much closer than the Atlanta-Dragon drive.

CollapsedNut
12-08-2014, 03:16 AM
We're going to the dragon damnit. No changing plans now

CollapsedNut
12-08-2014, 03:17 AM
Said the single dude.

You don't even count old man. Not like you're gonna stay the night anyways.

MCcelica
12-08-2014, 08:41 AM

Honestly, the running around everywhere is one of my personal greatest sources of entertainment. Watching all you drunk fuckers try to walk places.

And me trying to walk places. Shit's funny yO.

Murgatroy
12-08-2014, 09:22 PM
It is easy, pick a weekend, everyone complains, pick a new weekend, everyone complains, get frustrated, pick a new weekend regardless of the complaining. Tim calls Fontana. We all meet at the designated weekend.