PDA

View Full Version : P300 p302 1zz help!

85gtsblackman
06-29-2014, 03:41 AM
Ok so from I read that is commonly caused from the intake manifold gasket failing.

The car ran good. Sat for a few weeks. Runs like ass at low rpm but goes like stink at high rpm. This seems opposite from when the coil
Pack(s) fail

Luni, anyone?

T-spoon
06-30-2014, 02:49 AM
vacuum leak (intake manifold or vac line) or injector grommets maybe

85gtsblackman
07-01-2014, 07:49 AM
K, I got a new gasket but I'll check for any other vac leaks before I take the manifold off.

Effing newer toyotas, old ones don't have such issues.

I'll be doing that later this week as I'm trying to fix this damn car for a friend

85gtsblackman
07-08-2014, 05:46 AM
Just finished redoing the whole suspension on that car Sunday, I'll try the intake gasket because it's running like it's got a bad intake manifold gasket, aka full throttle missfire but 75% feels wide open. Also I keep getting a miss on different cylinders. Then as it warms up the miss gets less.

So ill do the gasket and coat it with copper coat.

T-spoon
07-09-2014, 03:01 AM
Could be it. I had this issue on the Spyder after I did the swap. On the spyder doing the intake manifold gasket is... well.. just drop the motor and save yourself the suicidal thoughts. Luckily in my case is was the injector grommets leaking, which is in effect the same behavior as a leaking intake on a MAF based system, just more localized per cylinder of course. I assume you're working on a Celica or Corolla which makes getting to the intake manifold bolts a completely less horrible job.