PDA

View Full Version : Does the 2nd Gen MAP sensor do anything other than fuel cutoff?

Nitro_Alltrac
06-14-2014, 04:31 PM
I'm getting ready to do the conversion to 3rd gen electronics and was looking at the existing sensors. To my surprise, I found that the MAP sensor on my car has NEVER been hooked up the entire time I've had it. Not vacuum line hooked to it. I've got the JDM ECU and I'm entirely sure what the fuel cutoff is on that one but I know that I saw over 18 psi once when the damn line came off my boost controller.

So my question is, does the 2nd gen MAP sensor control anything other than the fuel cut?

Luni
06-16-2014, 06:30 AM
The gauge on your dash. Thats it.

Fuel cut and gauge on dash. How are you going about doing your Gen3 conversion? Did you wire your IAT/MAT to the plug on the AFM or did you splice it in?

Nitro_Alltrac
06-16-2014, 10:26 PM
Thanks Luni.

I'm following what you did with yours on MR2OC. I've got the AFM plugs and I'm going to wire up the IAT and the MAT to that. I've got a Berk harness coming. Damn thing was supposed to have shipped on Friday to the post office web site shows they haven't received it yet.

You have any pointers outside of what is in your MR2OC thread?

Luni
06-16-2014, 10:28 PM
Just that to really feel a difference up top, youll want a 20b/27/similarly sized turbo (anything bigger than a 26) if you dont have one already, and youll also want to retard your exhaust cam 6 degrees.

Nitro_Alltrac
06-17-2014, 11:13 AM
I've still got the 26 but upgrading to the 20B is on the list.

I want to get this done and then I'll move on to the other things. Definitely looking at the cam timing modification.

Thanks!

BlueDragon
06-17-2014, 01:50 PM
I did the timing change by moving a dowel on the cam for the cam gear and then skipping a tooth on the belt, just FYI. I also have gen 3 mr2 ecu or 205 ecu if you need either of those. Hope your not offended by me trying to sell something to ya.

Nitro_Alltrac
06-17-2014, 10:40 PM
No problem. I'm good though. I've got the Berk harness coming and that is the last piece I need.

Thanks for the info on the cam gear.