PDA

View Full Version : st205 brakes, opinions?

crymson
05-29-2014, 10:14 AM
I have porche calipers and backets for the front wheels of my car, and I've been thinking, searching, and reading up on rear options. It looks like there's pretty much only two options: the st205 brakes or a lot of custom work.

Now the problem with the 205 rears is that they center bore is 1 mm bigger than the 185 hub, but there's an importer not too far from me with a full hub + shocks and axles.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ptd/4491419100.html

Obviously I'll want to go have a look before I commit to anything, but do these look like their worth my time and money?

jdm_celica_gts
05-29-2014, 12:04 PM
I'll buy those front calipers from you. If you decide to buy the set.

crymson
05-29-2014, 11:03 PM
The 205 calipers? You might have to fight my friend with a 202. The Porsche calipers aren't going anywhere but on my car :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Nitro_Alltrac
05-29-2014, 11:04 PM
The 205 brakes are supposed to be a decent upgrade for the money. The fronts are the real problem and they require custom fab to get them mounted. I think CMS GT4 has some stuff in his project thread about working on swapping them over. It can and has been done but unfortunately it's not a bolt on.

Do you only have the Porsche calipers or did you also pick up the adapter bracket that guy is making? Since you've already got the calipers it might cheaper to get the brackets instead of getting the 205 parts for the front.

crymson
05-29-2014, 11:09 PM
I have everything but the wrx rotors for the front. I'm using the Porsche up front, i'm just looking for rear options. The front 205s will be going away.

Nitro_Alltrac
05-30-2014, 01:48 AM
Cool. I think we both posted at the same time. That set looks good and with 205 hubs it should be pretty easy. I've seen where several people have done the rears and it sounds pretty much bolt on. It's the fronts that are an issue.

Keep us posted on the Porsche install on the front. I've been following this along for a while but haven't really seen anybody other than the guy making the brackets install them. I'm curious how much work the install is and how well it works once they're on there. It should be great.

crymson
05-30-2014, 01:50 AM
I think underscore has the Porsche calipers

Nitro_Alltrac
05-30-2014, 11:50 PM
Cool. I'll have to check about that.