PDA

View Full Version : Looking for pricing help

jayess
05-10-2014, 11:15 PM
I hate to sell it, but I'm starting law school in the fall. I'm looking for help with what I should ask. I would prefer to sell it as a whole, but if it means a good bit more money, I would be willing to part it out. All comments are welcome and appreciated.

92 Alltrac 111k miles. She is not currently running and is definitely a project. The body is in good shape except for some rust on the right rear wheel well. Paint is in need of repair. Clear coat is starting to peel on the front fenders. I'm lacking on pictures due to crappy weather today, but will take any that are requested. Please help me out.

Also included:

Turbo timer (installed)
Ct20b (bought used, installed, not sure on current condition, ceramic wheel)
CS front bumper (installed, good condition, no cracks)
RC w2a IC (bought used and not installed, includes Toyota pump)
ST205 trans (bought used, not installed, around 40k if I recall correctly)
AEM 1121-0022 (bought used, not installed, includes cd)
ARP Head studs (bought new, never installed)
Turbo kit:
Bought this kit used.
Turbonetics T04E 50 trim (no play in shafts, has been taped up since receiving in and stored in a bin)
XSPower manifold
Downpipe
Tial wastegate w/dump pipe
oil lines
Head:
Professionally done with all new parts.
GSC S1 268 cams
BC 1mm OS valves and springs
3sge intake manifold

I was getting close to being ready to start my build, but as usual, other things started popping up. The car had no problems prior to the engine overheating. I took that as a reason to start tearing it down, which I never completed. Interior is acceptable, although there are tears at the top of the back seats and drivers seat.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123776813@N08/

jayess
05-12-2014, 09:07 PM
I'm not getting much feedback, so I figured I'd post some ideas I had for the prices.

92 ST185 $2000
Turbo timer (installed)
Ct20b (bought used, installed, not sure on current condition, ceramic wheel)
CS front bumper (installed, good condition, no cracks)
RC w2a IC (bought used and not installed, includes Toyota pump) includes pump and h/e $400
ST205 trans (bought used, not installed, around 40k if I recall correctly) $400
AEM 1121-0022 (bought used, not installed, includes cd) $600
Turbo kit: $500
Bought this kit used.
Turbonetics T04E 50 trim (no play in shafts, has been taped up since receiving in and stored in a bin)
XSPower manifold
Downpipe
Tial wastegate w/dump pipe
oil lines
Head: $700
Professionally done with all new parts.
GSC S1 268 cams
BC 1mm OS valves and springs
3sge intake manifold
ARP Head studs (bought new, never installed)

Entire package for $3750

Looking for feedback guys. Let me know what you think. I haven't been very active in the group in a couple of years, so I may have overshot or undershot on these prices. All parts would be as is, and prices would be obo. Shipping would depend on actual shipping.

celica9303
05-13-2014, 06:41 AM
If you decide to part out I want the rc/cs front bumper cover and crash bar.

Good luck if I was closer I'd take the entire car.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Murgatroy
05-13-2014, 05:55 PM
I hate to seem like a downer here, but let me interject some realism.

These are rare cars, yes. But that also means there is a limited market for them. Mostly enthusiasts that are aware of the platform. What you have is a non-running twenty year old car with a lot of twenty year old problems.

Selling it as a whole is not really going to work. Not for the price you have listed.

If the car is complete, with interior, engine, transmission and accessories, though non-running, and assembled, with limited rust, you might be alright asking $2k. Expect everyone to haggle you down to $1500 and not be willing to budge much higher.

That is without any of the extra parts.

As a package I would hesitate to give $2500 for what I see in the pictures. Your prices on the parts aren't too awful bad, but it will be hard to find someone that wants all of those parts and the car and has the money to buy it.

There are two buyers that want and Alltrac today. The guy with money that wants a mint driver with minimal fuss and the enthusiast that knows that he wants to do with the chassis. Everyone falls into one of those two categories.

I suggest keeping it, and worrying about it when you have time to fix it. Or take the time, effort and headache to part it out. Sell the car for what you can get (I would start at $2k, but don't get mad when you are fairly lowballed, just roll with it) and sell the parts separate. Stripping any parts off of the car will make it much more difficult to sell, leaving you with a 90% shell that no one wants to buy.

This is all assuming that the car is a complete non-runner. If you have already stripped the engine and tranny out of the car, it is a $1000 shell with rust.

I am just an old cynic, so don't take me as being mean, I am just trying to show you the view of someone that doesn't have a horse in the race, but still cares enough to help.

METDeath
05-13-2014, 10:08 PM
Going with Murg here, you have a lot of great parts, but since it's not together you'd be lucky to get 2.5K for it.

Plus... anyone buying it is going to want to see the underside of the car and probably beneath the rocker covers.

crymson
05-14-2014, 02:10 AM
Do you have the full WTA s setup or just part of it?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

jayess
05-15-2014, 01:56 AM
I appreciate the feedback. I definitely know I'll never get back anywhere close to what I have in her, but I would at least like to sell the car as a whole. I just hate to see it go to waste by parting it out. Wouldn't mind selling the rest separate. I'm gonna clean her up in the next couple of days. I'll get some pictures of the one spot I know where there is rust and I'll see about popping the rocker moldings off.

jayess
05-15-2014, 01:57 AM
Do you have the full WTA s setup or just part of it?

It's the core, h/e (not sure if it is a Toyota product), some hard lines, and a Toyota pump. I never installed it.

crymson
05-15-2014, 07:28 AM
It's the core, h/e (not sure if it is a Toyota product), some hard lines, and a Toyota pump. I never installed it.

I'm interested, can I get some pics?

jayess
05-15-2014, 01:35 PM
Sure. It'll be later this evening.

celica9303
05-15-2014, 04:02 PM
Seeing that you want to keep the car/shell as a "whole" does that mean you won't sell the rc/cs bumper and crash bar? Interested in it

jayess
05-15-2014, 09:41 PM
Celica9303: I'm seriously thinking about selling all the parts I can and keeping the shell for the future. If I do that, I will sell the bumper.

jayess
05-15-2014, 09:47 PM
I took a look under the rocker moldings (small plastic parts under the door and between the rear wheel and edge of door?) and found no rust. That said, the right rear wheel well is eaten up pretty bad along the lip. I'm gonna clean her up this weekend and figure out exactly what I want to do with her. I really appreciate all the help so far. Feel free to keep it coming.

crymson
05-15-2014, 11:01 PM
Sure. It'll be later this evening.

Thanks, sounds good.

celica9303
05-16-2014, 12:15 AM
Celica9303: I'm seriously thinking about selling all the parts I can and keeping the shell for the future. If I do that, I will sell the bumper.

Good to know. Keep me updated please.

METDeath
05-16-2014, 11:39 AM
Well, if you keep the chassis, fix the rust sooner rather than later.

Murgatroy
05-16-2014, 09:54 PM
Spray it rattlecan flat black, then use black Gorilla Tape to cover the rotted out holes.

No one will notice.

crymson
05-17-2014, 01:56 AM
You get any pics for me :)