PDA

View Full Version : What ive been up to every night for the last 2 weeks

Classique71
05-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Well just a little project update for those who havent seen the thread on toymods

ive been putting in my frontmount + ive swapped over the bonnet

PVC is just a jig - im getting the metal sections of pipe made this week coming i hope !

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/Gt4_pics/corein2.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/Gt4_pics/thejig.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/Gt4_pics/bonneton2.jpg

ronin
05-13-2005, 11:25 AM
damn stuey.. nice work!
thats 1 big FMIC! sheeeeeit!

and the bonnet looks awesome.

oh yeah.. GO THE PLASTIC PIPES! hahaha.

does this mean you'll be bringing the grey monster to the celica cruise then?

Classique71
05-13-2005, 11:38 AM
if its finished i will be ..

im working hard to get the piping finished and holefully have it sorted to tune in melb on around the 22nd ..

if not well ill see if i can take the supra and go from there

Blackcloud
05-14-2005, 01:10 AM
:hehe: @ bonnet

that is a good looking hood tho :bigthumbu

ronin
05-14-2005, 03:59 AM
me > :slap: < PC

why would you name a car part after a rough part of a neighbourhood?

you from the hood?
nah mate, the front seat.

Classique71
05-14-2005, 06:44 AM
its bonnet and boot , not hood and trunk over here .

if you find that funny well your a hero mate - go take a flying leap!

Anyway , back to the topic at hand , this week has also brought 2 more surprises which you lot might learn about soon - as soon as they are in my hot little hands ..

As i say the upgrade keeps going up - and these suprises will surely make my mechanical package one of the best in australia - without a doubt

Blackcloud
05-14-2005, 07:34 AM
if you find that funny well your a hero mate - go take a flying leap!

:squint:

Classique71
05-14-2005, 07:52 AM
pesky yankees and their driving on the wrong side of the roadness!!

:laugh: :wiggle:

you shoudal all learned when fast and the furious 2 came out - RHD cars OWN all LHD cars! go the Skyline and paul "fulsik JDM yo " walker

Blackcloud
05-14-2005, 07:57 AM
:laugh:

ive allways wonderd about RHD.. is your first gear on your side and up.. or on teh pass side and up?

Classique71
05-14-2005, 08:11 AM
1st gear gate is upper left hand corner - so we shift to the passenger side for 1st and second middle 3/4 , drivers right 5 and reverse..

same gate i believe as you guys just shifting the opposite side across

Blackcloud
05-14-2005, 08:18 AM
1st is up and to the left. 5th is up and to the right

Classique71
05-14-2005, 08:32 AM
Ayup!

Blackcloud
05-14-2005, 08:37 AM
I ment to add thats what it is here too.. but i guess i left that out :hehe:

BlackGT4
05-14-2005, 09:36 AM
classique.. shes looking nice..
where did u get that bonnet? Can you help me to source one?
i'm in no hurry but as soon as i have the opportunity i want to grab one.

thanks.

SlikSx
05-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Your surprise wouldn't have anything to do with a certain set of brakes that popped up very recently would it? :cool:

Classique71
05-15-2005, 03:41 AM
nahh - everyone knows that ive been looking for a set of st205 rears for a while - already got the fronts - just wanted the rest to complete the ultimate factory brakes combo :)

the surprises are more fun then boring old brakes !

Classique71
05-15-2005, 03:44 AM
oh and blackGT$ - good luck finding as group a bonnet !

ive been trying to source a second for nearly 2 years now - after the last 2 i had ordered never showed ( one stolen in malsyia , one sold from under me )

Carmate sell a replica but it looks totaly wrong and out of proportion ..

Depending if i have time im in contact with a mob in ballarat that might be interested in taking a mould off my group a bonnet to get the proper shape - it needs painting anyway so i wont be all that fussed about it being used before its sprayed , though ill be expecting the company to cough up a little incentive money to do it ..

SlikSx
05-15-2005, 01:08 PM
Oooh... now I'm curious. Been keeping an eye on your progress over the years - can't wait to see this beast in the metal!

I took a punt at the brakes as Toyospares got a full set of ST205 GrpA brakes the other day. Absolutely massive! Alloy calipers too, they weigh less than my pov stocko single piston units!

Classique71
05-15-2005, 01:34 PM
nods - already got my name on the rear ones they have - so no body bloody well buy them from under me ok ???

Front ones are great - i have my fronts up in ballarat still waiting to go on - after being rebuilt + freshly powdercoared ..

Rears will go thru the same treatment when i can pick them up in the near future .. got to call matt first thing in the AM and see whats the deal with em ...

Classique71
05-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Another little update and puic

heres where i am as of tonite ..

all pipes are now metal - got a few joiners to buy on the turbo side to neaten things up ( and to replace the temporary taping up effort )

then its off to the welders shop to get the bottom into IC pipes done + sensors/bov/ PCV fittings put in

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/icpipes2.jpg

ronin
05-23-2005, 01:40 PM
looks awesome stuey!! bloody awesome.

the mongrel will be a real handful when its done!

BlackGT4
05-23-2005, 02:59 PM
that heatshield looks brand new?
i wouldnt mind replacing mine aswell.

Classique71
05-24-2005, 03:40 AM
heh heatshield looks new cause i painted the bastard ;)

im hoping it will hold up to the manifold heat - atm it chips pretty easily.. If it doent hold ill send it off to be HPC coated along with my cam cover ..

HPC coatings pretty bloody cheap all things considered !

and Ronan - got a bit morre to do mate but the colder charge should make the Gt4 a fair bit happier !

BlackGT4
05-24-2005, 04:06 AM
wat does it cost? can any exhaust place do it?

SlikSx
05-24-2005, 07:09 AM
Lookin' schmick! It is possible to turn the compressor housing of the turbo around the other way so that the intake pipe faces down? It'd be heaps easier to plumb in a FMIC if it were. Never played with a turbo so I dont know...

Classique71
05-24-2005, 08:02 AM
its about 16 bucks a foot for HPC coating i believe - a place in melb does it - irobically called - HPC ..

as for the turbo - you can clock it - Wyldie did this on his - though i didnt as i hiope to replace it soon AND my dump pipe hangs too low to run a pipe neatly under it .

with the group A bonnet theres a heap of room under there to run it as is