PDA

View Full Version : No run and sometimes no start

celicatuner92
04-20-2014, 02:23 PM
Ok so I just got everything hooked up on my 92 rc swap in my 90 alltrac but when I start it it will run for a few, like 20 seconds at most then die. If I touch the throttle it dies. I only get a code 54 because I don't have the ic pump hooked up or the ic full. The gas is new and the fuel filter as well, and I changed the fuel pump relay. Also if I bridge fp and b+ in the check box the car will start and stay at idle but cut out if I touch the throttle, and if I pull the jumper wire out while it's running the car will die. I am thinking it is the pump but also the regulator so I wanted to see if you guys had any advice on what it might be.

Thanks in advance

celicatuner92
04-21-2014, 12:36 AM
Ok so after getting time to work on it today I have check the maf and it was good I tried another maf with no change in the car. I also change the fpr and injectors to one's I checked off the car so that is not it. I also did some reading and removed my cruise control computer since a few people said they had issues with that and a jam swap. All this and I am still at the same list of issue's.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Shadowlife25
04-21-2014, 01:30 AM
Just posting up so that you know people are reading. Also, it's Easter today so you may not get any replies.

Off the top of my head I can't give an answer just now. Try looking in the BGB and see if you can find anything close.

celicatuner92
04-21-2014, 01:35 AM
Yeah I know many won't reply until tomorrow but I wanted to post what I tried so that it could be eliminated before someone else posted it. To be honest I'm leaning towards the pump or strainer since the car sat for a year with 3/4 tank of e85 and when I drained it using the pump and a hose off the filter it didn't seem like it was coming out very fast.

Nitro_Alltrac
04-21-2014, 01:50 AM
That's a good possibility. This the stock pump right? If so, there's a chance the E85 may have messed with the pump. E85 is harsh on components that are specifically made for it. We build flex fuel 2GR's at the plant and all of the fuel system parts are completely different. No rubber and good bit of stainless in its place. I don't know for sure but I would venture to guess that the fuel pumps are different.

celicatuner92
04-21-2014, 01:55 AM
Yeah oem pump as far as I know. Gonna call the dealer and see how soon they can get me a supra tt pump

4thgenceli
04-21-2014, 02:45 AM
Check out fuelpumps.com. I bought a Supra TT pump from there (Walbro 255LPH). It was authentic, had no problems with it in my swap. I'll be buying another one from them for Belle.

MrWOT
04-21-2014, 09:44 PM
Probably absorded lots of water while it sat. Flush the tank with alcohol. Get two fuel filters. Change it again after the 2nd tank of gas.

Where is your fuel pressure at?

celicatuner92
04-21-2014, 11:29 PM
I haven't checked it on the car yet. I just pressure checked the regulator with air before I put it on the car. Gonna get the fittings and what not to check the pressure on the car.

Facime
04-22-2014, 02:56 AM
definately sounds like a failed pump, which is very common with a car that sits for long periods. I would also reverse flush your fuel line and return line while changing the pump.