PDA

View Full Version : rust and holes

crymson
04-16-2014, 04:34 AM
My poor alltrac, someone decided that drilling lots of holes in it was a good idea to put lots of screws in the floor pans and take the paint away. I assume that they were grounding something. So, now I get to deal with the holes and surface rust. Suggestions for removing rust, filling holes, and preventing future rust? (These are mostly in the trunk/under the back seats)

Shadowlife25
04-16-2014, 10:35 PM
Take it down to bare metal with a wire wheel attachment on a grinder or drill.
Remove/cut out any rust.
Weld in new pieces of metal where needed.
Paint with POR15.
Never worry about it again. ;)

crymson
04-16-2014, 11:04 PM
Excellent now to learn how to weld. Suggestions :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Murgatroy
04-16-2014, 11:08 PM
Welding...

Act like Celica owners do shit the right way...

Grind it down to metal, paint the backside with some POR 15, put a piece of duct tape over it. From the front side fill it with some glass or bondo. Feather and finish. Shit will be good for years.

Shadowlife25
04-16-2014, 11:18 PM
Welding...

Grind it down to metal, paint the backside with some POR 15, put a piece of duct tape over it. From the front side fill it with some glass or bondo. Feather and finish. Shit will be good for years.

Also a viable option for sure if welding is not a skill/unavailable.

Car_Barn_Bandit
04-17-2014, 02:17 AM
Welding...

My brother's Celica is a case study on how to shit the cheap way, and still have a reliable as f*** machine.

Murgatroy
04-17-2014, 02:20 AM
My brother's Celica is a case study on how to shit the cheap way, and still have a reliable as f*** machine.

Shit, you met Chaos.

Car_Barn_Bandit
04-17-2014, 02:23 AM
Shit, you met Chaos.

She is inspiration.

A gallon of high abrasion appliance paint, some galvanized pipe halves as rocker panels, expanding styrofoam, and adhesives. The thing is built like a homemade tank.