PDA

View Full Version : System 10 Door Speakers

pucstpn86
04-11-2014, 06:53 PM
I have a 92 convertible with system 10, the amp and headunit stopped working and I installed an aftermarket head unit. All the speakers are working fine except the door speakers, Is there a way to splice these into the rear channel from the head unit? The door speakers are still stock so I cant imagine that they take a lot of power. Does anyone know if it would be alright to do this?

jdm_celica_gts
04-12-2014, 06:41 PM
I have been debating trying this myself. Let me know if you find any info.

cuttyman9
04-12-2014, 09:40 PM
prolly would need to hunt down the door speaker wires (should come in in each footwell) and wire them up to the deck directly

i went from the stock 6 speaker to the system 10 and ran the doors and rears off an aftermarket amp and did it this way, just look in the door for the stock speaker wire that goes to them and wire in some different wire to the deck. id wire them in parallel to the rear speakers given the fronts have the two tweeters and the 4" fronts

so does yours have the rear tweeters as well, ive yet to see a full system 10 in a convertable just doors and the regular tweeters up front and 4" ones. they also only said celica convertible in the badges rather than system 10.
also are your rear speakers smaller than 6.5"?

pucstpn86
04-12-2014, 10:40 PM
Yeah I don't think the rear has tweeters, and I'm not 100% on the size I think they're 6.5's. It's just easier to say system 10, and yeah they say Celica convertible.

Would it be possible to just find where the rear speaker wires are running and splice then in there? Or do I need to run wire all the way to the deck?

Shadowlife25
04-14-2014, 04:53 AM
Fronts are 4", Sail panel tweeters, 8" in doors, and I think 4" drivers in rear.
(due to clearance needs for the convertible top mechanism. I could be wrong since I haven't owned a 'Vert in a long while)
If it is the 'Vert Sys 10 equivalent anyhow. If so, it will also have an amplifier mounted under the passenger side seat.
If this is the case, I did a full write up on how to amplify the system and have all drivers working utilizing an aftermarket amplifier.
(My write up was System 10 specific, but the method is the same)

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?34996-How-To-Aftermarket-Stereo-Amplifier-into-System-10-equipped-Celica&highlight=write+up

And another one that is a bit different in it's goal done by CelicaGT90_05

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?39484-Non-factory-equipped-system-10-door-woofer-hook-up-guide-*56k-warning*&highlight=write+up

METDeath
04-14-2014, 05:10 AM
Other important question, what adapter did you use to connect your new stereo?

Shadowlife25
04-14-2014, 05:16 AM
Good point Marshall.