PDA

View Full Version : 5th gen parts through T3

cuttyman9
04-10-2014, 06:46 PM
I've been working with Techno Toy Tuning to bring more to the 5th gen culture (and indirectly to 4th and 6th gens too).

So far they have adjustable rear control arms in stock, I've been testing the prototype for roughly 2 months now with no problems and much better control of the rear of the car.

Currently I'm working with them to bring roll center adjusters to the table in the form of an extended ball joint (to reduce bump steer) and also top plates for the struts to allow adjustment of camber on cars that don't have coilovers and also some that provide caster adjustment for the front of the cars.

I'm curious how much interest there is in more suspension related components, maybe even some engine related stuff and body if the market is there. they are working on stocking rear visors for hatchbacks, there is a good deal of demand for coupe visors as well but so far there is no one in the area (Sacramento, Ca) to experiment and test on.

Also if anyone is interested in a 5th gen group on facebook PM me, its the best way to influence whats built for these at T3 and to see what comes out.

METDeath
04-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Rear camber plate would be awesome, all we have currently is bolts, which doesn't always cut it on some cars (mine, lol).

Edit: Nevermind, it appears the trailing arms allow camber adjustment much like using two 6th gen toe adjuster arms would have done.

BlueDragon
04-10-2014, 08:43 PM
Given enough time I would probably buy most of those. How much are the control arms going to be? Can they make them 205 length?

crymson
04-11-2014, 02:25 AM
I'm definately interested in most of the above

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

KoreanJoey
04-11-2014, 09:18 AM
A remake of the rear luggage cover for the hatchbacks?

Lonestag
04-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Yeah, this is all very interesting stuff. Definite interest from a 4th gen haver here.

METDeath
04-11-2014, 03:11 PM
A remake of the rear luggage cover for the hatchbacks?

Pretty sure you can get those new from Toyota still ;p

METDeath
04-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Oh! Front window rain visors!

Car_Barn_Bandit
04-11-2014, 05:40 PM
Front lower suspension brace would be welcomed. If someone made a clean, coupe or GTS rocker panel cover to hide rust damage, I'd buy a set.

METDeath
04-11-2014, 05:50 PM
Well, if we're throwing stuff like that into the mix, a clean installing 3 point rear brace (strut towers, floor pan) would be awesome as well.

Basically, one that can be unbolted without removing the trunk area plastics.

Edit: I do mean that you have to remove them for initial installation, but if I need to fold my seats down to transport something, I don't want to remove the plastics to disconnect the brace.

Car_Barn_Bandit
04-11-2014, 08:25 PM
Well, if we're throwing stuff like that into the mix, a clean installing 3 point rear brace (strut towers, floor pan) would be awesome as well.

Basically, one that can be unbolted without removing the trunk area plastics.

+1

I'll cut holes in the plastics, if it allows for the seats to stay, and is a true K brace.

cuttyman9
04-12-2014, 09:33 PM
yeah im planning to have them make top plates for the rear as well for camber.

The lower arms stiffen the rear up a lot. The outer stock ones use a bearing the inside is a bushing.
I haven't had time to get them a spindle for the rear to replicate the bushing to make a poly version.

The easiest stuff to get made is the stuff that has a ton of interest cumulatively.
so thats why the visor, the rear links, the RCA's and so forth are on the way or already ready because they are desired by more people than just one or two.

also Ultra racing sells an inexpensive front 4 point brace for underneath. it would be hard to compete with that one at 170 shipped

the links for the 185 arent in production yet, im trying to line up someone to go in and have them build a set of prototypes. the 205 stuff would need to be measured accurately to compare to 185 stuff to have them make the larger links

the 4th gen stuff will require a guinea pig in the sacramento or bay area or someone bolt enough to give them a shot, the 4th gen stuff actually looks really similar in design so 162's may be able to run 184 stuff already

Add me on FB and bring in your ideas to the group ive started, but mention thats why youre adding me haha cuz most of the time i have no clue who people are.
its the best way to reach me and theres a lot of good stuff going on in there.

Car_Barn_Bandit
04-13-2014, 06:32 AM
also Ultra racing sells an inexpensive front 4 point brace for underneath. it would be hard to compete with that one at 170 shipped.

I did not know that...

muscle_bound89@Live.com
04-14-2014, 12:49 PM
Nope. The hatch cover is no longer made. I still have mine was considering ordering a new once cause the plastic peg broke on it.

cuttyman9
04-14-2014, 08:50 PM
It's actually 150 shipped haha, but yeah I'll let you know how it works. I have a lot posted on illusion performance for how to's on a few parts.

Also the rear cover is possible, but that would have to come later once I convince them there is a solid market for these cars, so far they don't believe me because the sales of the rear links have been slow.

Watch for the rear hatch visors. They should come soon.

Shadowlife25
04-15-2014, 06:22 AM
Nope. The hatch cover is no longer made. I still have mine was considering ordering a new once cause the plastic peg broke on it.

You can fab up a new peg portion pretty easily. Use a bit of acetone and some scrap ABS material as a binding agent and you can then weld a new plastic rod section to it.

METDeath
04-15-2014, 06:31 AM
Question for you, did they give instructions on how to install the Rear Trailing Arms? If you have those installed as well, could you upload some pics?

Murgatroy
04-15-2014, 05:56 PM
I have been waiting for word on the extended ball joints ever since I heard about them.

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?57489-Extended-ball-joints-amp-Tierod-flip-kit&p=30235474#post30235474

cuttyman9
04-15-2014, 10:18 PM
No, mine was the prototype, I worked with them directly at their shop, what problem are you having?
Did you order a set?

cuttyman9
04-15-2014, 10:19 PM
I have some good/epic news!

Paid a visit to T3 (technotoytuning.com)
They actually are very confident in the Extended ball joint working with only minor mods.
I gave them the green light to mod my spindle and start testing the ball joints they have in stock to match the factory taper.

Additionally they took measurements for front and rear camber plates for those who are stance addicts. The front ones will have the option to have caster adjustment for the grip junkies.

They have the adjustable rear control links for the 184/182 chassis in stock and ready to order.

The 185 rear links are in need of a local guinea pig, they will offer a considerable discount to said guinea pig.

They are still working on visors for the hatch but apparently the company who makes them is miserable at communication and is making things ultra slow. I think we should all thank me when they get them in stock because they have actually been putting in a ton of work to get them.

And lastly there may just be some ITB's in the future. It looks to be a promising project. I will keep everyone informed!

METDeath
04-15-2014, 11:22 PM
No, mine was the prototype, I worked with them directly at their shop, what problem are you having?
Did you order a set?

Haven't ordered them, contemplating it, just want to see the installed product and know how it all fits together.

Lonestag
04-16-2014, 02:46 PM
Ohhh, ITB's, Tastey.

grimmythereaper
04-17-2014, 05:47 PM
gt4 caliper adapters, so the calipers become a direct bolt on and can used with a stock uncut gt4 rotor

cuttyman9
04-18-2014, 05:08 PM
One other st184 owner is installing the production form of the control links, if you have an email, I can send you the pics of mine. Just note that I will have a bunch of washers vs the fitted stainless bushings that come in the production kit because mine was the guinea pig.

My goal is to inspire people to build these cars.
Currently a friend is working on getting some 294 cams for a 5s to see how well they skate under Cali emissions. Even if they don't offer massive improvements, it's still good to know what truly works and what doesn't, with as many 5sfe's that are available why not!

Some of that is the premise of why I am planning to get itb's to work on the 5sfe. There's no guarantee that it will work or even work well but documenting it enriches the community and that should be everyone's goal.

My ideas try to emphasize the simplest approach to the mod with little to no modification to what is existing and also using cheap off the shelf parts with the exception of adapters or the parts to be upgraded.

As for brakes I think the 205 stuff is sort of out of the question for swap parts only cuz they are in limited quantities in the states, usually relatively expensive for used calipers and rotors are next to impossible to get replacements for.
They do also offer a relatively cheap wilwood kit. I believe it was about 1000 out the door.
Sort of hard to beat that for a bolt on kit.

My thoughts were to use my brake swap as a template for future ones. It is rather large only fitting some 17" wheels but would be competitive price wise toward that wilwood kit.

METDeath
04-18-2014, 06:52 PM
May as well upload them to the gallery for all to see.

cuttyman9
04-19-2014, 07:48 AM
the pics are posted, check them out.

Car_Barn_Bandit
04-19-2014, 08:01 AM
Caliper adapters would be really effing sweet!

crymson
04-19-2014, 08:19 AM
I'll be ordering as soon as they have 185 parts

cuttyman9
04-20-2014, 07:40 PM
haha well if someone wants to donate calipers and rotors to test fit for brackets I'm sure they could haha

what kinda stuff would yall like to see them produce?

grimmythereaper
04-21-2014, 03:33 PM
haha well if someone wants to donate calipers and rotors to test fit for brackets I'm sure they could haha

just so happens i have the rotors and calipers, lol. does T3 have a hub they test fit the set up with?

cuttyman9
04-23-2014, 04:00 AM
at this moment they have my spare spindle, issue is its a 5x114.3 bolt pattern

bloodMoney
05-12-2014, 04:17 PM
So are these confirmed compatible with the 6g as well?

cuttyman9
05-18-2014, 01:13 AM
Measure yours and call them.

cms-gt4
06-20-2014, 04:54 AM
Things are still moving along. Caster/camber plates will be ready soon. Hopefully ball joints shortly after.

crymson
06-20-2014, 06:24 AM
Looking forward to ball joints for the 185

KoreanJoey
06-25-2014, 08:49 AM
PS: Gabe is awesome.

Murgatroy
06-26-2014, 10:38 PM
Are they looking to be sponsors/vendors of/on a half dead Celica board?

I think we might be able to work something out.

Don't tell Luni, he got pissed last time I did this.

cms-gt4
07-08-2014, 12:45 AM

I don't think they are looking to sponsor. In other news here are their top mounts. Hit them up if you want a set. I will post more when they come in.

BlueDragon
07-08-2014, 02:39 PM
I don't see them on the site what is the price?

cms-gt4
07-08-2014, 09:53 PM
I have not taken the "glamour shot" pics of them yet, but will have them on the site by tomorrow.
Price will be $190 for the camber plates, $40 for the swivel bearing upper hats to properly mate them to coilovers. So $230 total.

cms-gt4
08-13-2014, 09:34 PM
Looks like t3 is cutting their losses with the 5th gen chassis. I know they stil have 20 of these in stock, but it looks like they won't be making new stuff. So that might be the end of the extended ball joint option. Unless we can find a place that can make the bracket that would house the mono ball pin. I suppose t3 might pick up if their parts started selling, but until then I don't imagine they will.

EDIT: For reference here are their top plates I installed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vAebT2IZiY&list=UUG0VpHOuL7KTx6KBWr0FklA

crymson
08-14-2014, 03:23 AM
Does that mean they still have tophats? I have BC Racing coilovers in the mail or soon to be in the mail and I really wanted those.

cms-gt4
08-14-2014, 04:51 AM
I think they still have like 20 sets of them.

Murgatroy
09-29-2014, 04:14 AM
So they have the tophats but nothing on the ball joints?

That blows ass.

Murgatroy
09-29-2014, 08:00 PM
They responded, they have none and aren't selling anything regarding the RCAs.

KoreanJoey
09-30-2014, 08:36 AM
Am I gonna have to make some?

METDeath
09-30-2014, 03:33 PM
The rear kit was pretty easy to install, but as Josh said in his video... NO DOCUMENTATION. When I get unlazy I'll post a some quick reference pictures.

cms-gt4
10-02-2014, 07:11 PM
6gc tried to do a group buy on the ball joints just recently and t3 still says no. Klue's shop in canada might make something. We found a monoball pin and bearing that works for our spindle, now a bracket just needs to be made.