PDA

View Full Version : Where were there GT-4's with left hand driving and water to air intercooler

waycool
04-10-2014, 01:29 AM
I have seen pictures of GT-4's with air to water intercoolers and left hand drive steering. I am looking to purchase one of these cars if I can find one. It seems that everything I see is the all-trac with the air to air intercooler.

jdm_celica_gts
04-10-2014, 01:37 AM
Most people just swap over to a wta intercooler.
I know in the uk they had lhd gt fours, but I don't think you can import one to the us.

Luni
04-10-2014, 05:43 AM
Everything over here in America is a "fake GT4 RC"

Just get an Alltrac and swap the W2A IC onto it.

underscore
04-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Any 5g GTFour CS or any 6g GTFour from mainland Europe will be LHD and have the WTA, otherwise it's like the others said.

Car_Barn_Bandit
04-10-2014, 07:35 PM
You can import. Get creative. It worked on my Canadian 5th Gen.

waycool
04-11-2014, 01:56 AM
What do you think a 1990 all-trac with 150K miles is worth with good exterior and fair interior.

jdm_celica_gts
04-11-2014, 03:58 AM
Completely stock? Rebuilt? That's not really enough info to base a price off of.

waycool
04-12-2014, 12:37 PM
Don't know the full extent of the car. Wanted to get the VIN off of it but the guy won't give it to me. The interior seat covering looks wrong and the plastics and steering wheel are badly worn. The wheels are from a 6th gen and there are no receipts for the work he claims. You should be able to see it on Kijijis adds in Toronto area. He is asking $6500, which seems too much for a ?????? car. I live a ways from him and would have to fly in and drive it back. I wanted to give my 93 black GTS to my daughter and get an all-trac but I am not sure on this one. Plus there are different versions of the GT-four (non-widebody), which I don't won't.

crymson
04-12-2014, 05:01 PM
The fact he won't give you the vin throws a massive red flag in my book. That usually means he's lying about milage, accident history, title branding, or something else that would show up in a vin search

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Shadowlife25
04-14-2014, 05:07 AM
Too bad the car wasn't in your area. If it was, you could look down at the VIN plate on the driver dash. lol

$6,500 for an non US vehicle and questionable condition and history is a big gamble in my book. I wouldn't do it.

Get a US AllTrac and an RC model WTA and call it a day. Hell, I have the WTA sitting at my brothers, but it is the unit only. Though that has never stopped anyone from making it work properly. Thing is those WTA units are pricey. Used they usually run in the $400 range.

I would also not look for an AT from anywhere on the east coast. They tend to suffer major rust issues. (If you are in NJ then you know how it is. LOL)
Find a midwest/west coast car.

METDeath
04-14-2014, 05:26 AM
If we're talking about this car (http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-image.html?adId=559089249&image=0&enableSearchNavigationFlag=true)

I'd maybe give 4K for that car if the VIN came back clean AND I checked it for rust first.

Issues:

Canada car, clearly has snow slush stains (does not encourage my as to the "rust free" status of the car)
Tacky red/blue hoses that are quite probably cheap and I would end up replacing all of.
Car doesn't look lowered, no pictures of coilovers
Gaudy door speakers, points to possible hack job radio install, no pictures of actual sub and it's box, also screams steal me
No picture of summer wheels/tires
He painted the calipers green?
Car has seen a lot of sun (white door lock indicators, supposed to be red)
Seats are freshly recovered... poorly. Driver's seat foam is probably damaged, unless the upholstery guy sucks a bunch.
Ad says 147xxx miles, odo pic shows 149xxx miles

Perk:
It's possibly 205 swapped (not sure if the 185 has an alternator cooling duct)
It comes with mystery summer wheels and tires!
At least they recovered the back seats when they did the front.
7th gen wheels are sexy
Looks like there are spacers in the back

Shadowlife25
04-14-2014, 05:36 AM
The 185 also comes stock with an alternator ducting system.
The swap giveaway is the perforated exhaust manifold/Monolithic cat cover.
The seat "covers" or "reupholstered" seats look absolutely awful.
Hard plastic brightly colored couplers and poor quality hoses as you mentioned, do not lead one to have a sense of security in things being done properly.
There must be other electronics in use on the car as well since if you look closely, there is only a cheap/K&N air filter element mounted directly to the turbine inlet.

I would 100% pass on this unless you wanted to spend an additional few grand to have it be done correctly.
Which would be tough since it is all a seeming hodge podge of things done half way.

alltracNyx
04-14-2014, 01:38 PM
+1 on what they said. If you are trying to sell a car, at least wash the salt and dirt off to make it *look* like you care.

And as much as I'm a skeptic of any cars from the north/east, my car was originally a New Jersey car, then lived in Michigan and Indiana. Luck of the draw (and how well the previous owner took care of it), I guess.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk ^_^

underscore
04-14-2014, 07:25 PM
If you hop on Alltrac.net I'm sure you could find a member in Toronto who would go take a look for you.

The Captain
04-15-2014, 07:43 PM
:wavingfuckyou:
Everything over here in America is a "fake GT4 RC"

Damn fake RC's.

waycool
04-16-2014, 02:08 AM
Thanks guys for all the info. It is not worth it for me to get a screwed up car like his. I was also very skeptical about his mods and crappy interior job. I did find a 92 on the All-Trac.net in Minnesota. It is pretty clean and owned by someone that cares about his car. It is also black but with only 80K miles. I have been in contact with him and he has sent me some additional pictures. There are a few small dings on the exterior and a couple small tears in the drivers seat back near the bolster. The car has been garaged and is rust free. He is asking $9500 or OBO. What do you think?

Shadowlife25
04-16-2014, 02:40 AM
You could buy my 91 :)
Has a dent in the passenger rear quarter from a teenager that was paying grab-ass instead of stopping at a 4 way stop, but no rust on the car.
Original '91 model year Silver color but needs a respray since the clear coat is done for, all options (power windows, locks, tilt steering with memory, power lumbar, power mirrors, leather interior but needs work due to age and California sun, Auto Climate Control, AC needs to be redone (it hasn't worked since I bought it many years ago) but it is all there. Car runs and drives, never overheated. Has 3"all aluminum radiator with 10" electric fan running from the stock sensors and relays for reliability and factory functionality. Apex-i AVCR electronic boost controller set to stock boost. New secondary catalytic converter, clean smog and title. 3" HKS Silent Hi-Power catback exhaust with silencer. 15" 2000 model year Celica GT rims with 6 month old tires.
183k on the clock. Timing belt and seals all redone by Toyota Fairfield at 125k, Clutch was also redone. Needs to have timing assembly redone due to squeaky idler pulley in timing assembly. New Toyota alternator installed in 2013, new battery in February of this year. Kirkosaurus Poly motor mounts. Magnacore 10mm plug wires. Timing dead on at 15btdc as of February at smog inspection. Both JDM and USDM ECU units. New TPS sensor and water temp sensor and O2 sensors installed at last tune up in January of this year. Only ever used Mobil 1 10/30 full synthetic oil at every oil change (3.5k between) Stock air filter.
Eclipse CD7000 head unit, rainbow 4" mids, Seas Neo tweeters, Illusion Audio 8" midbass in doors, Illusion Audio 6.5 in rear, and factory tweets.
Spare parts:
Whiteline front swaybar, Factory Main monolithic catalytic converter, Gen 3 cams.

I don't have a digital camera to take photos, but I could likely borrow one next week.
It is the car in my sig if you want a rough idea.
Point is, basically everything is stock with just one or two tasteful/functional upgrades and it needs a new home. :)
- Mario

underscore
04-16-2014, 04:42 PM
$9500 sounds steep for a 92 with no other info on the car.

Nitro_Alltrac
04-17-2014, 01:31 AM
It is low miles but it would have to be pretty much perfect, especially the interior, to be worth $9500 unless I've missed something lately in All Trac values.

Shadowlife25
04-17-2014, 01:59 AM
You haven't. Price is definitely too high on that one. I would say 6,500 tops.

waycool
04-17-2014, 03:02 AM
Thats what I thought also. The interior is not 100% perfect and the body has a few small dings that he said he would get out with the dent doctor. He also mentioned that he has a full 3" exhaust and some JDM harness and ECU for it. He said he would lower the price if I did not want that. There is a white line rear sway bar and megan racing coil overs. It has some nice aftermarket rims and tires on it. I really do not want to fly out there and drive it back if it is not exactly a good deal for me. My black 93 GTS is starting to look more desirable every day. Maybe I should just buy the all-trac hood and throw on some nitrous on mine. My interior is mint in mine and I have the wood grain package for my dash.

underscore
04-17-2014, 06:00 PM
There was a wood grain package?

waycool
04-17-2014, 11:45 PM
Yes, when I bought my 93 GTS brand new from Liberty Toyota it came with it. I found a similar wood grain kit that I put on my now 93 GTS. It really sets off he interior.

cms-gt4
04-24-2014, 06:27 PM
Looks like it wears the caldina gtfour badge.

205 IC due to recirculation valve. But also looks like a possible 205 swap. Without a VIN, it will be a hard sale and I would not bother.

Siyx
04-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Not sure if anyone has stated this yet but, that is not a GT-Four it is an Alltrac, it's LHD and not RHD (the badging has been replaced with (also not real for that model) GT Four badging.
The engine has definitely been swapped or changed, that style never came with WTA cooling with that hood configuration.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

The car in my signature is a true stock GT-Four from Japan.
RHD, proper badging from factory and ATA cooling not WTA.

waycool
05-02-2014, 01:41 AM
Can you guys look on the all trace.net and give me your opinion on the 92 for sale in Minnesota. He lists the mods that were done and gives some pictures. It really seems hard to find a 92-93 that hasn't been severely modified or with the factory engine.

Nitro_Alltrac
05-03-2014, 12:21 AM
It looks and sounds good. But personally the price seems high. In the $9-10K price range for an All Trac, the car should be damn near perfect. It's got a decent list of mods BUT that list of mods can also be an issue. Without knowing the guy or being personally familiar with the car they could be detrimental instead of a plus. It would probably be a good car if it checks out but he needs to come down on the price some. There's not a huge demand for these cars yet. Maybe one day, but for the majority of people these are still just old Celicas unfortunately.

Just my two cents.

waycool
05-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Mike, my 93 GTS that I bought had a near perfect interior and a few minor exterior blemishes. I paid $1800 for the car and am very satisfied with how it drives (koni yellows and Eibach springs). I seen the car on Bring Ur Trailer, which was the rarer 93 all-trac with only 40K miles and looking like brand new. That brought $13,400. I never owned a turbo car and am interested in getting a 92-93 without getting rooked. If you know anyone looking to sell one that has not been all chopped up, let me know. Still my dream car is a 93 blue green color with RC WTA hood and bumper. There are some pictures of it on the web with LH drive but foreign tags. I was in Nassau a couple of years ago and seen a black all-trac/ gt4 in a used car lot when going to the airport. To this day I am still wondering how much they were asking for it. Thanks for the info.

lamont
05-06-2014, 08:34 PM
Hello waycool, if you are serious about purchasing an Alltrac, my buddy just listed his over on Alltrac.net. I have seen this car in person several times and it is in very good condition. If I had the funds I would grab it in a heartbeat, but unfortunately I have one already so I could never justify the purchase with my better half lol here is the link and check out his build thread for more details about the car:

http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48961

waycool
05-07-2014, 02:04 AM
Thanks for shooting me the link but this car is too modified/altered for what I am looking for. I am really trying to find a 92-93 that is almost completely stock with a very good body and interior..

waycool
05-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Lamont, can you get me your buddy's #. I may be interested in looking at it. Where is he located in PA? If you don't want to give his # out. Have him give me a call on my cell, 609-234-1480, Thanks.

Idiot Stick
05-17-2014, 04:14 PM
Some glad I stumbled across this thread. Was about to make the 15 hour drive out to go pick it up. Have always dreamed of an AT and in recent years the drive has really been hitting me. I miss my old 5th gen, then think of my Mr2 and remember how Johns car felt, and I wasnt even driving!

That and its got back seats.