PDA

View Full Version : 90 All Trac Fuel Pump replacement

90ToyAllTrac
04-07-2014, 12:54 AM
Whats involved in replacing a fuel pump for this car? Unbolt the tank restraint bands, drop tank? Does the gas filler tube just slide out or is it bolted to the tank? I replaced a fuel pump on my 89 Mustang GT once and it was relatively easy as above. Similar on a 90 all trac?

And whats a good brand to buy? Bosch? Delphi? are the most expensive on the Napa site but RockAuto.com has them way cheaper. Just looking for stock reliability. Thanks!

4thgenceli
04-07-2014, 01:09 AM
The alltrac you should be able to remove the rear seat, unbolt the access panel and replace the fuel pump from there.

Check out fuelpumps.com. I was referred there when I did the 215 swap. I got a 255LPH authentic WalBro (Supra TT pump) from there.

90ToyAllTrac
04-07-2014, 01:21 AM
I dont remember seeing an access panel on my 185 when I had the back seat out. But Ill check. Thanks!

celicatuner92
04-07-2014, 01:24 AM
St 185 you have to drop the tank to access the fuel pump. If I remember right you can unbolt the neck from the car and it will drop down with the tank. I would go with om Toyota pump and if you want upgrade to a 93+ supra to pump.

Nitro_Alltrac
04-07-2014, 02:36 AM
Celicatuner is correct. You have to drop the tank.

From what I've heard over the years, spend the money and buy the OEM Supra pump. I've heard a lot of complaints about the Walbro over the years due to the high number of fakes. If you can be sure of getting a genuine one like Tim did that would be OK. But I've heard a lot of good things about the Supra pump.

Shadowlife25
04-09-2014, 03:14 AM
I sold Tim my Supra TT pump for his swap. I purchased it from the company he listed in his post. They were helpful, easy to deal with and didn't need a mint for it. I sold it to him for what I purchased it for, about $160. if I recall correctly.
Given, it was a few years back, but the pricing should still be under $200 for it and for a genuine Denso pump at that. Definitely give them a try. Worst they can say is they don't have it as a stocked item anymore.

- Mario