PDA

View Full Version : Wiring harness questions

4thgenceli
04-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Stupid question time.

What's the main reason to use the original car harness + the swapped motor harness?

If memory serves me right (and logic), it's mostly to retain the original chassis components functioning (temp gauge, battery, etc) correct?

Is it absolutly critical to have this harness? Would there be any reason I couldn't use a ST162 harness on a ST165 swap? The only difference I think is the boost gauge in dash correct?

Would it be a wiser decision to purchase a harness for the St165 for $150?

Shadowlife25
04-07-2014, 03:29 AM
Tim, if you can buy the harness for $150 DO IT. It will save you tons of time and hassle. Boost guage lots of different/additional sensors (like knock, for example) Point is, if you can get it that inexpensively, do so at your earliest convenience.

4thgenceli
04-07-2014, 03:40 AM
Well the earliest I can pick it up is Sunday....and the guy pretty much said it's all mine. I'll be out there Sunday to pick everything up and will probably get the harness also. I know I can find a st162 harness easily, the st165 though is very slim pickings.

Shadowlife25
04-09-2014, 03:10 AM
Slim pickings indeed. NLA from Toyota and you get raped trying to purchase from other owners in most cases not to mention questionable condition. $150. is a pretty safe bet though. So yeah, go for it. :)