PDA

View Full Version : Too much rear camber issue

METDeath
03-31-2014, 06:18 PM
So, installed my Megan coil-overs, got rear camber bolts (installed in top of strut/hub assembly), alignment guys could only get me down to -2.5 and -3.0 camber. I'm not super low as the top of the rear fender arch is about 24.5" from the ground.

I was curious if I converted both front and rear arms to the 6th gen toe adjuster arms if that would be a possible fix for the issue or if that wouldn't work for some reason?

Also, going to be raising the rear end up for my next set of wheel/tire combo anyway, should I just wait on the 6th gen arms to see if the new heights fix the alignment?

MCcelica
04-01-2014, 03:12 AM
Eh, no point in doing it now if you're going to be putting new tires on it anyway. I mean if you were interested in keeping your tires for a while, I'd say to go ahead and jack it back up now and see how it looks.

METDeath
04-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Yeah... I did the math, going to raise it up at least .75" inches for the 225/45R17s which should net me the camber gain I need to get it within the sweet spot of -1.5. That said... I'm going to put the stock wheels on when these are done (nearly at the wear bars after the Dragon).

KoreanJoey
04-02-2014, 07:13 AM
Go get a camber bolt for the rear. It's a narrower diameter bolt that allows some slop in order to get more adjustment of camber.

METDeath
04-02-2014, 03:47 PM
Go get a camber bolt for the rear. It's a narrower diameter bolt that allows some slop in order to get more adjustment of camber.

Already have those, installed in the upper bolt hole currently. Like I said earlier though, going to adjust the height up some more for the new wheel/tire combo that I plan to install. Most likely 17x8+35 with 225/45R17, may go with a 17x9+30 with something wide and slightly taller than you run since I can adjust my height to fit. However, that won't be until some time next year as that's probably close to $2k on wheels and tires.

Luni
04-04-2014, 09:01 PM
Marshall, you can get lobed bolts, if they cant get you in spec with lobed bolts, something is wrong.

METDeath
04-05-2014, 12:29 AM
Marshall, you can get lobed bolts, if they cant get you in spec with lobed bolts, something is wrong.

I have the Eibach ones, they worked fine on the black car, which seemed lower than this one currently is. Thus, the question of how fix it.

KoreanJoey
04-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Did the guy doing the alignment know that they were there?

METDeath
04-07-2014, 01:21 AM
Did the guy doing the alignment know that they were there?

Yup, he even stated that even with adjusting the collar that was the best he could do... granted, I also asked for -2.0 front camber and he did -0.2 so he might be a little special.

However, I saw the readings myself before he started any adjustments it was something like -5.x on each side.

celicatuner92
04-07-2014, 01:33 AM
I believe Chris had this same problem with abby when he put the Megan coils on too.

Also curious to know if switching to 6th gen arms would be a good way to make camber and toe adjustments in the rear.

METDeath
04-07-2014, 01:57 AM
Well, I know it's used to make toe adjustments more secure... I'm just curious as to why it might be a bad idea to use two arms to adjust camber on highly modified suspension (super low/etc). Or if they just wouldn't fit.

celicatuner92
04-07-2014, 02:08 AM
To fix negative camber I would think it would be OK but I have no personal experience. On a side note I thought I read that the arms on a 6th gen are longer than early 5th gen arms but not sure.

Going the other way and using this method to create more camber I could see this putting abnormal forces on the upper mount of the strut. This could go the same way with correcting negative camber but I'm not sure.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

cuttyman9
05-03-2014, 07:19 PM
T3 now has adjustable rear control links for the 5th gen. They will soon have camber adjustable top plates for stock struts as well.

(Technotoytuning.com)