PDA

View Full Version : new daily driver :)

grimmythereaper
03-23-2014, 12:13 AM
so for the past few months i have been looking for a daily driver bc i havent been wanting to daily the vert bc of the swap and also the gf cant drive a standard very well. so after ppl who wanted to sell me a car backing out bc of bs reasons or ppl not answering their phone or returning my voicemails that i left bc of their craigslist ads it has taken forever to find something. Im glad i was forced to wait however bc the car is in pretty good shape over all. And yes i bought anther celica but this time i got 6th gen hatch :) and i know ppl want pics so i will be taking some and posting them tomorrow :)

after taking the door panels off i found out the car was black from toyota and was repainted to this dark red....so that of course for me means its getting dipped back to black :) the motor is in good shape as well, the guy i got it from had it rebuilt at 101,243 and the clock reads 166,207. he even gave me the reciepts for the work on the rebuild also.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w429/grimmythereaper1/CAM00347.jpg

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w429/grimmythereaper1/CAM00350.jpg

the inside is a 9/10. the only thing that is wrong is the hole in the pass. side seat near the arm rest but the foam is perfect.
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w429/grimmythereaper1/CAM00352.jpg

its my understandering that the trunk cover thing is hard to find? not to sure how true that is but im happy to have one bc i will cover my sub :)
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w429/grimmythereaper1/CAM00354.jpg

The Captain
03-23-2014, 12:40 AM
Pic not found.

T-spoon
03-23-2014, 02:16 AM
You bought an auto celica? On purpose, or did they trick you, or threaten to kill your family?

grimmythereaper
03-23-2014, 02:48 AM
You bought an auto celica? On purpose, or did they trick you, or threaten to kill your family?

the funny thing is the guy came down a few hundred bucks bc i told i was over all happy with the car but was unhappy about it being an auto. i ment it as a joke bc he knew from me talking to him about the gf and her not being able to drive a standard very well, i guess he felt bad for me, lol. he also had my mother tired up in the trunk of his honda, lol

Murgatroy
03-23-2014, 02:52 AM
I owned an automatic Celica once.

hobbie2k
03-23-2014, 10:50 AM
I had an auto Celica, too. It was a carbed 2.0L SOHC mated to a three-speed auto. Not very quick. Looked cool, though; and I could drift it...on gravel... Sold it for a JDM Silvia, largely for the manual transmission.

Have fun!

Nitro_Alltrac
03-26-2014, 12:22 AM
Glad to hear you got another one. Waiting on pics.

The Captain
03-26-2014, 02:11 PM
still not found

grimmythereaper
03-26-2014, 02:21 PM
lol sorry guys, been kinda busy the past few days. im off today so ill post the pics today :)

grimmythereaper
03-26-2014, 10:27 PM
1st post updated :)

Facime
03-28-2014, 08:06 PM
I loved my 6th gen. Ive been wanting another one ever since I sold it. For a daily, there really is nothing wrong with an autotragic. Good find.

T-spoon
03-28-2014, 10:59 PM
I loved my 6th gen. Ive been wanting another one ever since I sold it. For a daily, there really is nothing wrong with an autotragic. Good find.

Yeah... except that I'd rather drive my supra with an unsprung ceramic 4-puck in traffic than own and/or drive an automatic (that should tell you how much I hate them :P )

But yes, +1 on 6gens. I liked mine a lot.

grimmythereaper
03-28-2014, 11:27 PM

Facime
03-29-2014, 12:55 AM
also, the seat covers come off the seats pretty easliy. from my memory they dont use hog rings, just plastic lips and channels. That torn passenger seat was probably originally on the drivers side. Just pull the covers off, turn the cover inside out and resew the seam down past the damage. Then turn them rightside out, put them in a pillow case and wash them in the washing machine on delicate cycle (the pillow case protects the delicate foam backing from getting all shredded in the machine.

Nitro_Alltrac
03-31-2014, 11:14 PM
Looks like you did good.

grimmythereaper
04-02-2014, 04:41 AM
also, the seat covers come off the seats pretty easliy. from my memory they dont use hog rings, just plastic lips and channels. That torn passenger seat was probably originally on the drivers side. Just pull the covers off, turn the cover inside out and resew the seam down past the damage. Then turn them rightside out, put them in a pillow case and wash them in the washing machine on delicate cycle (the pillow case protects the delicate foam backing from getting all shredded in the machine.

thanx for the input facime, i did feel the foam around that area of the seat on the driveside and i think ur right about the cover being on the driverside first.

Looks like you did good.

thanx nitro :)

Facime
04-02-2014, 05:17 AM
if the foam is badly eroded on that bolster I can teach you how to restore it pretty easily as well, just let me know.

grimmythereaper
04-04-2014, 09:01 PM
if the foam is badly eroded on that bolster I can teach you how to restore it pretty easily as well, just let me know.

yeah man that would be great :)

crymson
04-05-2014, 01:16 AM

That would be a great writeup. I think most of us with Celicas need to rebuild our seats

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Facime
04-05-2014, 04:54 AM
I just did this exact repair on the 3000GT, but I didnt take any pictures. I need a sample subject to work on. I'll see what i can find.

Galcobar
04-08-2014, 12:50 AM
That would be a great writeup. I think most of us with Celicas need to rebuild our seats

Seconded. I don't need to rebuild my seats but a little bit of a refresh above the springs would be good.

grimmythereaper
04-14-2014, 03:59 PM
so after getting bored this weekend me and gf decided to repair the hood of the 6th gen, but decided not to paint it the same color of the car bc i was unsure what color red the car is sense it was repainted from black. so we both figured we should paint the hood black :) some where along the line i didnt want just any kind of black i wanted something different, thats when this happened :)

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w429/grimmythereaper1/DSC_0649-1.jpg

Chalkboard paint!! :) and then this happened

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w429/grimmythereaper1/DSC_0655.jpg

get the feeling? i think we did, all we need to do now is go places, lol

Shadowlife25
04-15-2014, 06:25 AM
LOL! The chalkboard paint is a cool touch. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for a while at least :)

grimmythereaper
04-16-2014, 04:27 AM
LOL! The chalkboard paint is a cool touch. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for a while at least

thanks :) yeah me and the gf have put a few different drawings on the hood. i have been putting a piece a chalk on the hood when i go into places just to see what ppl write or draw on it.

Facime
04-16-2014, 08:10 PM
Thats just begging for someone to draw a huge cock on

Murgatroy
04-16-2014, 08:30 PM
Thats just begging for someone to draw a huge cock on

Great minds think alike.

underscore
04-16-2014, 08:46 PM
Be sure to keep a squirt bottle and some paper towel in the car.

grimmythereaper
07-09-2014, 07:52 PM
updated pics of the car coming some time tonite, i just got done plasti dipping the entire car back to black

grimmythereaper
07-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Car has been through some changes sense the last pic, it has been dropped by an 1 an1/2 and i put some 7th gen celica rims and a gt4 spoiler w/o the riser blocks,
Pics of the car dipped. I learned a lot from doing this, (1. Plasti dip in some regaurds is like paint and in some regaurds its not. (2.Plasti dipp needs body work done b4 just like paint but plasti dip is a lot more forgiving then paint. (3. plasti dip must be spayed in the same direction to avoid some kind of "striping" (4. Follow the lines and curves of the body of the car to avoid "rough" or "texturing" spots in the dip

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w429/grimmythereaper1/DSC_0016.jpg
i got kinda artsy in this photo

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w429/grimmythereaper1/DSC_0014.jpg

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w429/grimmythereaper1/DSC_0012.jpg
i plan on finishing the bumper when i go to repaint the A/C condenser and the rad fram surport.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w429/grimmythereaper1/DSC_0011.jpg

The car took me 7 cans of black plasti dip, about 5 hours and 3 to 4 layers in some spots of the car, but i didnt dip the hood BC of the chalk board paint.

bloodMoney
07-11-2014, 08:42 PM
Nice! I was soooo happy when I picked up Lily.... It took me a while to warm up to the 6g, but once I did, man I love them now.

Facime
07-11-2014, 08:52 PM
not a fan of Plastidip, or even the whole car matte thing people do. I understand the reason in this case. I looks better then it did. I suppose bang for the buck you got your money's worth and then some.

I do however love the 6G. Its the only celica aside from a 1G that I truly want to buy again.

grimmythereaper
07-12-2014, 04:17 AM
Nice! I was soooo happy when I picked up Lily.... It took me a while to warm up to the 6g, but once I did, man I love them now.

Thanks :) it has taken a lot for me to warm up to her, and i think that was BC i have been in a 5th gen for almost 5 years now, and that was the body stlye that i wanted after i started researching celicas in high school.

not a fan of Plastidip, or even the whole car matte thing people do. I understand the reason in this case. I looks better then it did. I suppose bang for the buck you got your money's worth and then some.

I do however love the 6G. Its the only celica aside from a 1G that I truly want to buy again.

at some point i wanna go over the car with the palsti dip glosifer spray. you are right the price was around 50 bucks for the cans of palti dip :) i would love a 1st gen, that is the one of very few cars i would sell my vert to get.