PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body

muscle_bound89@Live.com
02-20-2014, 02:43 AM
has anyone gotten a bigger throttle body for their 5sfe?
Took cylinder head to machine shop they recommended I get the cams regrind and get a bigger throttle body for better performance.

I was thinking possibly the 3sgte throttle body. Is it much bigger and will it bolt up to the intake?

Lonestag
02-20-2014, 06:28 PM
If I recall correctly, the throttle body from a 3S isn't really going to be much of an upgrade.

If I recall correctly, the 7MGE throttle body is an upgrade but I don't think it bolts straight on.

Either way, keep in mind that the intake manifold is matched to the diamater of the throttle body, so if you get a larger throttle body, the manifold should really be ported to match.

From what I hear, people have had a lot of luck with cams on the 5s.

muscle_bound89@Live.com
02-22-2014, 02:42 PM
Already ahead of you. I just sent colt cams an email and ill be shipping my cams out as soon as I get a response from them.

I just looked on ebay Godspeed and sickspeed both make 70 and 80mm throttle bodies to fit. So ill be getting one. What size would be best though? and The machine shop told me to get an aftermarket one and they will port out the manifold as soon as I get it to them.

God speed has great products. I got a 3sgte turbo manifold from them and it looks great.

muscle_bound89@Live.com
03-08-2014, 03:53 AM
Just orderd a 70mm throttle body off of ebay I think it was a sickspeed one. The machine shop will bore the manifold out once I get it to them.

KoreanJoey
03-11-2014, 06:55 AM
www.deltacam.com

Ask for Jon and tell him that Joey recommended him.

muscle_bound89@Live.com
03-13-2014, 02:57 AM
Thanks mate but I have coltcams doing the work on my cams. they charged 400. and that includes shipping them back to me. They are located in canada.
and check out sickspeed.com or their store on ebay. I am more than happy with my throttle body it came in yesterday. Its all bilit and anadised red. I will have to cap off the vacume lines though because theres no tubes connecting to the new throttle body.

waycool
04-10-2014, 01:45 AM
Can you shoot me a link to the site that you got it from. By the way, what specs are you getting on your Colt Cams. I am probably going to go with the 294 when I do my timing belt next round.

Luni
04-10-2014, 05:46 AM
If I recall correctly, the throttle body from a 3S isn't really going to be much of an upgrade.

If I recall correctly, the 7MGE throttle body is an upgrade but I don't think it bolts straight on.

Either way, keep in mind that the intake manifold is matched to the diamater of the throttle body, so if you get a larger throttle body, the manifold should really be ported to match.

From what I hear, people have had a lot of luck with cams on the 5s.

3S throttle body is actually like 25 percent better IIRC. MRTurrari has figured out how to put one of these onto a 5S. I gave him one.

Hes done all the math for it as well. Putting the bigger TB on wont do much for you unless you actually increase plenum size. The manifold just cant keep up even with the stock one.

waycool
04-11-2014, 02:04 AM
Can I machine out my 5S manifold to match the 3S TB. I have full access to a machine shop.

muscle_bound89@Live.com
04-11-2014, 07:22 PM
I did the mild cam grind. Its for street and strip. Dont want to go too agressive will stall out ideling if you do. They recomended me the mild grind says great for forced induction. Im going to keep it NA untill I get everything for a turbo kit. But cams alone will give you good HP.

muscle_bound89@Live.com
04-11-2014, 07:28 PM
Um if I were you just get the Sick speed 70mm throttle body its pretty big. Machine shop will bore out the intake to match bore size of the TB. But not sure it it would work. the 3s has the TB on top of the motor not on the side. like the 5s is. I saw some where on here someone that hacked a 5s intake manifold and welded it to 3s manifold.

cuttyman9
04-12-2014, 09:43 PM
People have taken the front part of a 3vz manifold or 1mz manifold and welded it to the 5sfe.
i dont have the link in front of me but it pulls better up top.

Cam wise i think a friend of mine with a 6th gen is going to test the 294 grind web cam offers to see if he can skate under smog and see what else he can do to boost the output of the 5s.

cuttyman9
05-03-2014, 07:48 PM
if anyone is interested in cams one of the 6g guys is doing a group buy (490 plus cams and shipping) for whatever 5sfe cam grind you want.
he needs 10 people with cash and cams ready for the deal to go through