PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Celica ST (No Power locks / windows)

Exel
02-07-2014, 04:06 AM
Question. 1993 Celica ST (No Power locks / windows) - What do I need to convert it to power locks / windows? I know door panels and switches, but what else? Is there an ecu? Relay? Fuses?

METDeath
02-07-2014, 12:38 PM
There is a door lock brain under the main ECU, I think you also need the wiring, not 100% sure on that one though.

93celicaconv
02-07-2014, 03:05 PM
You would need the window regulators (with motors) for both doors, the door lock solenoids for both doors with the linkages, the door panels that contain the switches, the wiring harnesses from all the new electrical connections inside the door through the door and into the chassis, the boot protecting the wiring harness between the door and chassis, the interior wiring harness between the fuse blocks and the door integration relay, the integration relay, etc. Since the door wiring harness also will have the door tweeter wiring, may as well get the tweeters by the mirrors and hook that up. Also, I think power locks and wind0ws also came with power mirrors, so you probably should get new power mirrors and the switch assembly that drives it.

This modification would be quite challenging. Very possible, but don't underestimate how involved it would be. Suggest you consider getting a GT that already has all this on it.