PDA

View Full Version : Celica prices on the rise?

VikingJZ
01-22-2014, 08:26 PM
I'm going to be on the hunt for a gas saver 5th gen GT to relive those high school days and save on gas. I was hoping to find a decent on for $1,000 to $1,500. Nope

Is it me, or are price for ALL Celicas going up?

First gens are, for collector reasons, going sky high. Shit boxes that don't run are popping up for $1,500 or more from time to time.

But a good clean 5th gen can be had for $3,000 around here.

6th gen prices seem stagnant and 7th gens are always high, unless it is beat.

Maybe it's me, but it just seems like they're commanding a high value. Which, is good if you're selling one. Not so much if you're looking for one.

spitfiremk16
01-23-2014, 02:12 AM
I think it has alot to do with the fact that there is more demand for used cars. People dont want to get stuck with a $300+ per month car payment in this bad economy. After a while used cars get a bit harder to find and every jackass who owns a 5th gen that is so rotted out it has holes in the floor and has a dieing engine and tranny think their $300 scrap value junkyard car is worth $1500.

VikingJZ
01-24-2014, 06:59 PM
That's true. The local LKQ will pay up to $450 for a car. I presume that's a car that has unknown problems, but has a high demand for used parts. I know a mid 90s Camry that wasn't running would get every bit of $450 if it weren't wrecked and in decent shape.

But still, it would be nice to find one cheap.

I almost had a 93 liftback for $1,000 last summer, but some dude beat me to it.

Usually when Celicas DO pop up locally, they are available for a long time.

Lonestag
01-24-2014, 08:15 PM
Yeah,
First four gens (minues second of course) are hard because they are good lookinng and are starting to become recognized for their value as collector cars.

That and a lot are not taken care of, so they tend to rot.

That and demand for used cars is still high.

burnyd
01-26-2014, 01:53 AM
they are still relatively cheep buying off of a private owner. Used dealers are still the same.