PDA

View Full Version : Will a Corolla Transmission (4A-FE) fit a 93 Celica ST (4A-FE)?

Exel
01-21-2014, 08:39 AM
Have another question for you guys. Do you any of you guys know if a 4A-FE Corolla 5-Speed Manual Transmission will fit a 93 Celica ST (4A-FE)?

Well, I found this.. http://www.tntbambooonline.com/4a-fe-engine-transmission/

Might be a dumb question but just want to be sure.

CollapsedNut
01-22-2014, 07:20 PM
I'm 99% sure it won't. The A series block is different than the S series and I bet the tranny bolt holes are way off. Plus the S series are slanted back in the engine bay more than the A so I bet the tranny wouldn't sit right.

Exel
01-22-2014, 07:23 PM
I'm 99% sure it won't. The A series block is different than the S series and I bet the tranny bolt holes are way off. Plus the S series are slanted back in the engine bay more than the A so I bet the tranny wouldn't sit right.

Uhmmm, they're both 4A-FE. I have an A series.

But I know there was like two versions of the 4A-FE, one with a bigger throttle body or something?

Don't want anything like that on the transmission that will cause it to not fit or something.

CollapsedNut
01-22-2014, 07:30 PM
Oh hell. I didn't see that in the title lol. In that case I'm sure it would work, save your old tranny cause there may be a bracket or something that the celica uses and the corolla didn't ect. A series blocks are all the same in that aspect so I see no reason it wouldn't work.

CollapsedNut
01-22-2014, 07:33 PM
Should be a C52 tranny, maybe do some googling.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_C_transmission#C52

Exel
01-22-2014, 09:04 PM
Oh hell. I didn't see that in the title lol. In that case I'm sure it would work, save your old tranny cause there may be a bracket or something that the celica uses and the corolla didn't ect. A series blocks are all the same in that aspect so I see no reason it wouldn't work.

Got it, thanks buddy.

Yeah, I narrowed it down to a C52 and a few cars have it in there including my Celica.

Just don't want to shell money out on something that doesn't fit, lol.

Just needed some reassurance.

Thanks!

Now to source one.. any of you knows know what my best bet would be?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

CollapsedNut
01-23-2014, 11:16 PM
Junk yard.

Toyota_Todd
01-27-2014, 01:01 AM
A great tool for looking for parts is:

car-part.com

Its an internet based data base of salvage yards all over the USA, I use it for work a lot. Good luck with you transmission search!

93celicaconv
02-07-2014, 03:14 PM
A great tool for looking for parts is:

car-part.com

Its an internet based data base of salvage yards all over the USA, I use it for work a lot. Good luck with you transmission search!

Spot on. This is my frame-of-reference. If a transmission for one application can come from another, car-part.com is very good showing it. I just looked it up, and there are no Corolla transmission references for a Celica application. Sorry, but I think you will be limited to 1990-1993 Celica AT180 (4A-FE) 5-speed transmissions.