PDA

View Full Version : Toyota FT-1 Revealed!

Car_Barn_Bandit
01-14-2014, 09:34 AM
"FT-1 is the result of nearly two years of work by the company’s Calty design center. It draws on the company’s sporting heritage, cars like the Celica, Supra, MR2 and of course the contemporary Scion FR-S."

The Celica must live on!

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/01/toyota-ft-1-concept-rwd-stunner.html

crymson
01-14-2014, 11:16 AM
It's too agressively styled for my taste, fortunately cars tend to tame up a bit between preproduction and production.

It's really exciting to hear gas engine not electric. Let's just hope "really advanced" doesn't mean 400hp hybrid that gets 40+ mpg, otherwise people will mistake it for a mustang :)

Lonestag
01-14-2014, 03:29 PM
I'm ready for a hybrid sports car, just seems like time.

I love the styling, especially from the side.

I'm just our favortie appliance maker is making cars again!

T-spoon
01-14-2014, 04:11 PM
We'll see. A lot of interesting concepts have been made over the years that never hit the streets. I'm not holding my breath. Also, if they DO make it, and it's less than $60,000.00, I'll probably die of surprise.

BabyBear
01-14-2014, 05:06 PM
I'm ready for a hybrid sports car, just seems like time.

I love the styling, especially from the side.

I'm just our favortie appliance maker is making cars again!

Porsche's got their 918 Spyder thats a hybrid clocking in just under 900hp. Way out of any of our price ranges, but it seems to be something car manufacturers are starting to work on.

Its pretty exciting to hear though, but I'm with spoony. I hope it does actually get made, and it is less than $60k

Galcobar
01-14-2014, 07:36 PM
100% torque from a dead stop -- hell yes to hybrid. It's whether the electric drivetrain is designed as performance enhancement, or as a fuel savings. Of course, with city driving you can get both from an electric boost system.

Lonestag
01-14-2014, 07:40 PM
I'm not soo hung up on the price.

I mean, if it is affordable, thats great, but the FRS is affordable.

I'm looking for somthing to go head to head with the NSX and GTR. As long as it is under 110k or so.

Car_Barn_Bandit
01-14-2014, 09:19 PM
It's time for ducting to replace the giant grille. The crash bar has killed the grilles of yesteryear anyways. The styling will tame up. I imagine the hood will sport a vent, not a window.

I like the direction of FR, low center of gravity, efficient, torque-driven sports cars that Toyota is focused on. They rode to success with cast-iron engineering. It's time to begin a new chapter.

Murgatroy
01-14-2014, 09:27 PM
I kinda dig the hybrid/electic, and if more folks would get on that bandwagon the price would go down.

Don't get me wrong, I come from a different school than most of you. It involved a lumpy cam, headers and carburetors. So for me, to have embraced fuel injection and the like it is easier for me to accept newer and more efficient performance options. And an electric motor is a hell of a lot more accessible/reliable/efficient than an internal combustion engine. I am not a tree hugger, but that is the way the world is going. There were only so many dead dinosaurs. I haven't seen anything plentiful to replace it, but electric motors are one hell of an option.

Now, to go to the extreme, I remember being promised nuclear fuel cells for cars. That is what I want. Fill up once every twenty years? Sign me up.

Car_Barn_Bandit
01-15-2014, 12:26 AM
More on C-Net.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-31229_7-57617128-257/toyota-ft-1-marks-a-return-to-cool/

Car_Barn_Bandit
01-15-2014, 12:31 AM
Something to fap to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNoJWW8jTOs

grimmythereaper
01-15-2014, 07:23 AM
i see a lot of insperation from other cars in this car that isnt even in toyotas line up. In the side veiw i see a r35 and from a dead on front veiw i see an enzo dead out, not saying thats a bad thing at all in fact im loving the car and keeping my figures crossed for a release of some kind and not just empty promises.