PDA

View Full Version : pop up head lights

123crazy
01-12-2014, 06:09 AM
a few days ago i was getting ready to leave. for i turned on my head lights, and they went up half ways. and stayed their.. i turn them off nothing happen. i wated a min tryed it again the closed and opened up again and since then they wont close if close manually they wont open... any help would do

Car_Barn_Bandit
01-12-2014, 07:24 AM
What you're saying then, is they are just stuck half-way up, and will not go up or down?

Sounds like a blown fuse or a relay problem.

rizin
01-12-2014, 11:53 AM
First thing if you are good at remembering how you take things apart the motors are simple. They work off rotating contacts and a motor. If I remember correctly. Most common problem with them is corrosion build up at the lower bushing. Disassemble clean everything very well and reassembled. Lower being the one under the rubber boot and manual knob. I cannot remember if the case for the motor has pressed tabs or not. I know i was able to take them apart with minimal tools and patience (aka beer). Next is seeing if the contact are just dirty or gone. Sorry for the little help but it has been five years since I tore into mine and I had bushing problems locking up the motor. No electric up or down.

123crazy
01-12-2014, 11:21 PM
Wer would the fuse be?. Or relay?.

Will have to take alart nexr week. By patience u u mean sit their for about an hour trying.to get ur hands in their to find the bold to take them off

METDeath
01-13-2014, 01:00 PM
The manual raise/lower knobs take a long time to get anywhere, so you have to be patient when turning them.

Shadowlife25
01-16-2014, 02:32 AM
If both headlamps stopped simultaneously, I would first check the fuses/relays for both of them (There is one fuse or relay for each side.)
You should see it listed on the main fuse box under the hood labeled on top.