PDA

View Full Version : Dragon '14 - Lodging thread

4thgenceli
01-02-2014, 09:18 PM
**Update**

Group rate has been applied. Same rates as past years.

Lodge room with 2 queen beds - $109

Willow cabin 1br - $109

Hemlock cabin 2br/1ba - $129

Azalea cabin 3br/2ba - $215

Campsites - $25

Contact information for Fontana Resort reservations:

800-849-2258 option 1
Group rate - Celicatech

4thgenceli
01-02-2014, 09:21 PM
Need to figure out what we're doing here. Big bromance in the cabins? I'll bring the cameras...

Murgatroy
01-02-2014, 11:11 PM
That is some shit that they are out of Willows. Not everyone needs a big cabin.

Luni
01-02-2014, 11:24 PM
Then pick a different weekend where the honda guys arent up there raping the place.

Or we could go somewhere else entirely, return back to the dragon for purposes of Bruce, and do what weve been talking about and go drive somewhere other than the dragon which is turning into an even bigger tourist trap every year subsequent

Murgatroy
01-02-2014, 11:27 PM
We could go fishing up Tellico or something.

4thgenceli
01-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Waiting contact to see how availability is the next 2 weekends

Luni
01-03-2014, 12:46 AM
We could go fishing up Tellico or something.

As you know, Tellico itself is stocked, then closed, then opened, then stocked and closed, etc.

Also, it doesnt seem like a lot of the guys are too interested in going fishing. I would. Brian would (most likely), and maybe Larry? I dunno. But all Im saying in my post before is weve ran the dragon. ALOT. Maybe its time to find somewhere else. We can still visit there, do the Bruce sendoff thing, but we dont necessarily need to stay at Fontana. There has to be other places like Fontana in the Smoky Mountains. no?

4thgenceli
01-03-2014, 02:14 AM
I'd bring my equipment....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hipster Lawrence
01-03-2014, 02:26 AM
As you know, Tellico itself is stocked, then closed, then opened, then stocked and closed, etc.

Also, it doesnt seem like a lot of the guys are too interested in going fishing. I would. Brian would (most likely), and maybe Larry? I dunno. But all Im saying in my post before is weve ran the dragon. ALOT. Maybe its time to find somewhere else. We can still visit there, do the Bruce sendoff thing, but we dont necessarily need to stay at Fontana. There has to be other places like Fontana in the Smoky Mountains. no?

I'm down. There's plenty of places to fish.

I'm not really sure about cabin villages that are similar to Fontana though. I know a couple in Georgia, but they are quaint little places that might not take kindly to our immature partying style. But then again springtime will be dead, at most places in the mountains prime seasons are fall and summer.

Hipster Lawrence
01-03-2014, 02:33 AM
I've stayed here http://www.dillardhouse.com/accommodations/dillard-house-chalets-p1.php it's similar to Fontana, and has a really good southern style restaurant that serves food family style (you order dishes and pass them around...family style). It's probably 1.5 hours from the actual dragon but there are lots of good roads around.

METDeath
01-03-2014, 03:58 AM
I'd go fishing... just need to get a big enough hat.

CollapsedNut
01-03-2014, 06:53 AM
What about little Switzerland? I think Cappy and Ben rode their bikes thru there, it's in NC up near the Virginia border.

CollapsedNut
01-03-2014, 07:01 AM
Or even Asheville NC, I can take leadroads way better than the dragon and have gone all day but never more than an hour away from Asheville. Even Franklin or Silva, Waynesville, Maggie valley is a nice little tourist stop. My uncle has a lake house on chutugue however that's spelled, we could rent it from him and it's huge, sleeps 15 easy, more if we put up the tents. Then you've got fishing and driving.

METDeath
01-03-2014, 02:29 PM
Or even Asheville NC, I can take leadroads way better than the dragon and have gone all day but never more than an hour away from Asheville. Even Franklin or Silva, Waynesville, Maggie valley is a nice little tourist stop. My uncle has a lake house on chutugue however that's spelled, we could rent it from him and it's huge, sleeps 15 easy, more if we put up the tents. Then you've got fishing and driving.

This year still has to be near the Dragon fewl... we got business to take care of.

donteatbugs
01-03-2014, 03:48 PM
There is the option of renting a big house all together...that would be awkward. There are several vacation rentals in the area.

4thgenceli
01-03-2014, 04:46 PM
Available weekends are as follows:

April 18-20th (Easter weekend)
March 28th
May 9-11 (Mothers day)
May 23-25 (Memorial day)

Murgatroy
01-03-2014, 07:08 PM
Given those choices I think we should stay with what we have.

I personally think Fontana is the best choice. Short of a hotel in Knoxville/Maryville they are the only place that we know will tolerate our shit.

I don't like the idea of a hotel in Knoxville or Maryville because it is to far from the action even if we do choose new roads, we do need to go up the Dragon.

If we want to run down Tellico and fish, or run some of the old mountain roads I grew up on, we can do that, but Fontana to Tellico is the same distance as Knoxville to Tellico and we don't have a commute to the Dragon.

bloodMoney
01-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Damn. Those choices suck.

I'm pretty sure that we're down for whatever, but I'll let the boss chime in.

Luni
01-04-2014, 01:21 AM
Yeah, it looks pretty shitty. I really want to do something else.

Hipster Lawrence
01-04-2014, 04:29 AM
We've done Mother's Day before. I'm cool with Memorial Day we could stay Monday to, but most of y'all have raggedy ass cars with no AC.

MCcelica
01-04-2014, 03:02 PM
April 18-20th (Easter weekend)
May 9-11 (Mothers day)

I would vote for either of these.

Luni
01-08-2014, 02:20 AM
I honestly would be OK with March 28th... I think.

Lonestag
01-08-2014, 02:59 AM
Yeah,
As long as it doesn't mash with Rock on the Range up here in Columbus, pretty much any time is great for me.

The sooner we know, the sooner us working fools can take schedule in advance.

Murgatroy
01-08-2014, 03:20 AM
Do eet, March 28th.

CollapsedNut
01-08-2014, 04:57 AM
We sure this time?

bloodMoney
01-08-2014, 05:15 AM
That's gonna suck.....

CollapsedNut
01-08-2014, 05:24 AM
Why?

donteatbugs
01-08-2014, 06:39 AM
I think the 28th would be fine

bloodMoney
01-08-2014, 07:00 AM
March? None of you think it's going to be cold and rainy?

Maybe it's just me....

donteatbugs
01-08-2014, 11:08 AM
I dont see the difference from last year?

Nitro_Alltrac
01-09-2014, 02:37 AM
So March 28 is it? We really need to know so we can get vacation requests in.

Hipster Lawrence
01-09-2014, 02:38 AM
March will be cold. But I doubt it's any wetter than April or May. There's probably more chance of rain in May.

Anytime before May there's a chance that it will get really cold, even snow up on the mountain. But there's also a chance for it to be really nice. It's a crazy climate up there, I've been in early March and had knee high snow, And the next weekend it was 60 and sunny.

alltracNyx
01-09-2014, 02:54 AM
Well, if it's going to be 3/28, let's confirm price and availability at Fontana, Timmah. We need to get moving on booking cabins.

Murgatroy
01-09-2014, 02:54 AM
Yes, this is set, it is too late to change it again. I know everyone has to get vacation requests in.

Tim said he will call tomorrow to update Fontana and get rates.

4thgenceli
01-09-2014, 03:11 AM
If I don't shoot myself tonight.

CollapsedNut
01-09-2014, 06:20 AM
Let us know if you do so someone else can call them.

4thgenceli
01-09-2014, 04:26 PM
I put the bug out to Fontana.

donteatbugs
01-10-2014, 02:39 AM
Bugs get eaten and take a long time to travel any distance. I would have emailed or called

Nitro_Alltrac
01-10-2014, 03:08 AM
Got my vacation day for Friday approved.

4thgenceli
01-10-2014, 03:17 AM
No power@ fontana right now.

They'll send me the contacts sunday for the weekend of the 28th of March

MCcelica
01-11-2014, 10:16 AM
I am holding off on requesting vacation until I have solid dates.

Nitro_Alltrac
01-11-2014, 07:46 PM
If we move back into April I can get mine changed without a problem. That would probably actually be better but I currently have Friday the approved. It's right at the end of the budget season for me. April would be better but I can work with this.

4thgenceli
01-13-2014, 09:21 PM
First post updated!

Book now, have made arrangements from Thursday the 27th through Saturday night (check out Sunday morning).

4thgenceli
01-13-2014, 09:24 PM
Now on to the other news....

Any takers for splitting the 2bd cabin?

alltracNyx
01-13-2014, 10:57 PM
And booked!!

celicatuner92
01-13-2014, 11:24 PM
Cabin booked. Now to get the car ready.

Murgatroy
01-13-2014, 11:37 PM
Is anyone booking longer than Fri/Sat?

I was thinking of doing Th/Fri/Sat, but I haven't discussed it with the wife yet.

4thgenceli
01-13-2014, 11:47 PM
Stacy asked that I extend the reservation for Thurs-Sat nights due to no BBQ at Cappy's this year. I talked to Fontana this morning and have extended the reservation time window.

I'm up in the air right now. If I can find someone to split a cabin, I'll stay the 3 nights there. Otherwise I can only afford 2 nights.

lamont
01-14-2014, 12:15 AM
My daughter has a dance competition from March 28 - 30. I have been hoping to make the Dragon this year but I can't :cry::sad:. The wife and I may plan a trip to the Dragon in June and do a BBQ road trip :yes:

CollapsedNut
01-14-2014, 01:56 AM
I'm down. I'll probably just fly into AVL earlier in the week and see my family then head to the dragon Thursday. Now I just gotta figure out what to drive.

I'll be happy to share a cabin as long as I get the king bed room :D Either way I'ma book a azalea 2br and then I'll have two twin beds for rent.

CollapsedNut
01-14-2014, 02:04 AM
Also, important. Has anyone talked to Jennifer and offered her a room yet? Is there a plan for her getting there? Do we know anything?! I just updated her on the date, I'll talk to her and see if she has plans all ready er wut.

CollapsedNut
01-14-2014, 03:16 AM
Talked to her, things are in planning. S'all gooood. I'm exited now!

vip09
01-14-2014, 06:51 AM
I really want to go, but I'm on the job hunt and have no idea what my situation will be. If I go I probably won't be staying at fontana because everything will be booked I'm sure by the time I figure out if I can go or not.

Hookecho
01-14-2014, 03:00 PM
Ok, I don't have anyone to go with me. I know several of you guys have offered to drive all the way down here just to drive me up there, but I can't let you guys go out of your way that far for me! It is too sweet! But here's what I'm thinking: the nearest airport to Fontana is in Knoxville. I've never flown, lol, but I could easily fly from Jackson to Knoxville if someone could pick me up from the airport and take me to the resort. Any takers? :) I'm probably going to book my own hotel room in the lodge; I want this to still be a happy, fun occasion, despite my wishes to spread his ashes. He would want it that way. But it's probably going to be hard on me, so that's why I'll stay in the lodge. I also need help from you guys that are more knowledgeable about the layout of the dragon- where is a good spot to do this? Any suggestions? Love you guys...

GT-Steezy
01-14-2014, 07:12 PM
I'm interested in coming. Is it the Fontana village resort?

4thgenceli
01-14-2014, 07:43 PM
Yes it is.

I'll be in Atlanta around noon Thursday. I'll miss the Atlanta train though, so I'll have to drive up myself.

Murgatroy
01-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Ok, I don't have anyone to go with me. I know several of you guys have offered to drive all the way down here just to drive me up there, but I can't let you guys go out of your way that far for me! It is too sweet! But here's what I'm thinking: the nearest airport to Fontana is in Knoxville. I've never flown, lol, but I could easily fly from Jackson to Knoxville if someone could pick me up from the airport and take me to the resort. Any takers? :) I'm probably going to book my own hotel room in the lodge; I want this to still be a happy, fun occasion, despite my wishes to spread his ashes. He would want it that way. But it's probably going to be hard on me, so that's why I'll stay in the lodge. I also need help from you guys that are more knowledgeable about the layout of the dragon- where is a good spot to do this? Any suggestions? Love you guys...

We will be rolling through Knoxville on Friday afternoon. The wife won't let me pull the heathen from school for two days. I will pick you up. I am not sure if anyone else is coming through Knoxville on Friday. Most folks will come up from Georgia on Thursday.

As for a spot, there is either the overlook on the Dragon, or the Church where we always stop. The Church isn't technically on the Dragon, but it is where we have stopped every year I have done this for pictures.

Mafix
01-14-2014, 10:36 PM
now i really wanna go but i know i can't solo 12 hours. i'll be reaching the sound barrier out of boredom

celicatuner92
01-14-2014, 10:54 PM
What about one of the overlooks on the skyway? Like murg said not technically the dragon but part of the loop we usually do.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

METDeath
01-14-2014, 11:04 PM
Wait... did I miss where we are going up Thursday instead of Friday? (Atlanta train folks)

donteatbugs
01-15-2014, 03:21 PM
Im planning on going up thursday, I think Brian and babybear are coming to mobile and I will pick them up and we will traverse on to fontana or some other sleazy place with scantly clad women and booze!

Hookecho
01-15-2014, 11:13 PM
What time does the Atlanta train leave out Thursday? Still not sure about flying, possibly might drive to Atlanta that day and ride with one of you guys? Still trying to decide plans.

Luni
01-16-2014, 12:02 AM
If it affects your decision to go, or makes your life easier, Id fly into your area and drive you in your car.

But Id have to be driving you in your car (or riding with you).

Hookecho
01-16-2014, 12:16 AM
I can't ask you do that, Luni! That is too much to ask of you! I don't mind driving; my neice is coming with me. Im just trying to decide if it's better for me to buy two plane tickets or just drive us to Atlanta and ride with someone that has two extra seats for us. If we fly to Knoxville, I'll fly in on Friday. But if I drive, I'll obviously need to be there Thursday morning.

4thgenceli
01-16-2014, 12:46 AM
I was talking to Marshall about this yesterday.

I'm flying into Atlanta Thursday (land about 1pm). I'm most likely renting a car as my flight leaves Sunday at 1pm back home. I'll be leaving Fontana around 7 or 8am to make the flight. I'll be renting a 4 door car and would play chauffeur, however I'm leaving early Sunday morning back to Atlanta.

Murgatroy
01-16-2014, 01:15 AM
I can't ask you do that, Luni! That is too much to ask of you! I don't mind driving; my neice is coming with me. Im just trying to decide if it's better for me to buy two plane tickets or just drive us to Atlanta and ride with someone that has two extra seats for us. If we fly to Knoxville, I'll fly in on Friday. But if I drive, I'll obviously need to be there Thursday morning.

You aren't asking us to do anything we wouldn't be happy to do, or aren't currently volunteering to do.

METDeath
01-16-2014, 06:44 AM
I'm still not sure if either:

a) John is having a pre-Dragon cook out on Thursday with the Train on Friday

or

b) Cook out is Thursday evening at Fontana Dam with the train being Thursday

or

c) No cook out, no train, just get your ass to Mar.... er, Fontana.

bloodMoney
01-16-2014, 07:25 PM
The answer is B.

Stacy and I are assuming there is no Georgia dragon train this year.

donteatbugs
01-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Jen, I am probably leaving from my house Thursday. I will be in my MR2 and Celica with Brian and Babybear. You are welcome to tag along if you plan on driving. I think we will probably take a most direct route to the Dragon, not the GA way. If your not driving and your niece is coming, the celica can seat 4 people but the back in no place for grown men, kids fit fine though. I will update times when we get a flight schedule.

CollapsedNut
01-16-2014, 10:27 PM
Booked a 2br today, I'm taking the king bed room, and I guess I'll let Tim have one of the twins. I'm going to keep the other twin bed open just encase someone gets dicked out of their room or something.

CollapsedNut
01-16-2014, 10:47 PM
Also, for those flying. Fly to Asheville NC and ride with me Thursday... I'll either be taking my 4th gen or my sisters versa, if more people are flying and need rides we can possibly take both vehicles as the celica has no back seat.

4thgenceli
01-16-2014, 10:56 PM
Aweee.... <3 Matt!! I promise I won't sneak into your bed again...

I'll have at least 3 seats open as well. I'm flying into ATL and will pickup a rental car to drive to Fontana. Train or direct route, I'm down for either.

Murgatroy
01-16-2014, 11:34 PM
I have not currently booked my cabin.

I am dealing with a family crisis.

Luni
01-17-2014, 02:51 AM
I havent booked my cabin either.

And Jennifer, I dont know that there will be any empty seats in ATL. Thats why Im offering to drive you, or what not.

It seems like we are centralizing in Fontana this year. That said Im sure Cappy will have something for you if you want to go to ATL first, but I dont think everyones going there to stage beforehand.

4thgenceli
01-17-2014, 04:05 AM
I will have open seats. I'm just not leaving Atlanta until about 3pm.

Hookecho
01-17-2014, 06:19 AM
And Jennifer, I dont know that there will be any empty seats in ATL. Thats why Im offering to drive you, or what not.

It seems like we are centralizing in Fontana this year. That said Im sure Cappy will have something for you if you want to go to ATL first, but I dont think everyones going there to stage beforehand.

Ok, I just didn't know. I'm sure we will fly. Thanks for the offer though, you too, Bugs and Tim!

Hookecho
01-17-2014, 06:22 AM
Also, for those flying. Fly to Asheville NC and ride with me Thursday... I'll either be taking my 4th gen or my sisters versa, if more people are flying and need rides we can possibly take both vehicles as the celica has no back seat.

What time are you leaving on Thursday? Either we can fly to you and ride with you or we can ride to Knoxville and ask someone to come pick us up. BTW, I deactivated my facebook. Just letting you know so you didn't think I unfriended you. I had to escape the Matrix...

Tim, are you leaving Fontana and going back to ATL on the 30th?

4thgenceli
01-17-2014, 02:20 PM
Yes I am Jennifer. My flight home leaves Atlanta at 130 pm. I'll be leaving fontana about 8 am to get back in time.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hookecho
01-20-2014, 03:01 PM
Ok, I've decided that taking a flight straight to Knoxville on Friday, the 28th, will be the best option for us. Knoxville is just over 1.5 hours away from Fontana. The flight arrives at 10:23 am, so I would ask if someone could leave Fontana around 9 to pick us up. Then the returning flights leave either at 7 am or 5:45 pm. I wouldn't ask anyone to wake up before 5:30 to drive us there before 7, so I would ask if someone could take us, leaving before 4 pm to get there in time. I know people will be anxious to hurry home, so if someone wants to drop us off at the airport earlier, that would be fine. So, any takers? I would be glad to pay for the extra gas it would take to drive to and from Knoxville. Thanks, guys...

CollapsedNut
01-21-2014, 01:17 AM
Check out at the resort is at 11am sunday morning, so if the later time is best then we should all plan on going for lunch or something to kill time till your flight leaves. Just my thoughts. I donno what vehicle/vehicles I'ma have there but if I have the Versa I'll gladly take you.

Hookecho
01-22-2014, 04:10 PM
If someone can just take us to the airport, doesn't matter what time. Abbey and I can hang around there and kill time. Before I book flights and lodge rooms, I just want to make sure we have a ride to and from the airport on Friday and Sunday. Like I said, I would be glad to pay for the extra gas....

4thgenceli
01-22-2014, 05:16 PM
I can pick y'all up on Friday.

METDeath
01-22-2014, 08:31 PM
If someone can just take us to the airport, doesn't matter what time. Abbey and I can hang around there and kill time. Before I book flights and lodge rooms, I just want to make sure we have a ride to and from the airport on Friday and Sunday. Like I said, I would be glad to pay for the extra gas....

I can provide a ride to the airport.

Hookecho
01-22-2014, 09:33 PM
Thank you so much, guys! I'm going to go ahead and book the flights and room then :)

The Captain
01-23-2014, 01:03 AM
I haven't made any plans yet because I can't be sure of my schedule. With the wedding relatively close to the Dragon date time/work/finances will dictate. I'd like to at least make an appearance. I wish I could commit to the BBQ but I can't right now. Given that it's "our" home I doubt there will be anymore overnights here. Other activities are still possible.

Murgatroy
01-23-2014, 03:11 AM
We are making our arrangements to be there Thurs-Sun.

donteatbugs
01-23-2014, 04:20 AM
If brian would pick a flight I would book a cabin.

donteatbugs
01-27-2014, 09:27 PM
Just booked cabin 475 for Me, Brian, Luni and BurnyD. Whats up?

Nitro_Alltrac
01-28-2014, 01:50 AM
Just got my room at the Lodge. Really looking forward to making down this year.

Now I just have to finish up the exhaust and a few other little things.

burnyd
01-29-2014, 01:25 AM

Yes!

METDeath
01-29-2014, 02:02 AM

I hope BurnyD paid you in advance.

The Captain
01-30-2014, 05:37 PM
I hope BurnyD paid you in advance.
This

donteatbugs
01-30-2014, 11:00 PM
BurynD's wife was the first one to pay me actually!

Luni
01-30-2014, 11:13 PM
I havent paid yet.

Fuck yo couch nigga!

donteatbugs
01-31-2014, 01:29 PM
I trust you Papa Bear

Murgatroy
01-31-2014, 07:40 PM
I trust you Papa Bear

You better go see your doctor immediately then. I trusted him too, and now, I got the gift that keeps on giving...

Luni
01-31-2014, 11:06 PM
You told me I didnt have to pull out. Take responsibility for your part fucker!

Murgatroy
02-01-2014, 01:13 AM
Fail.

Google (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gift%20that%20keeps%20on%20giving) is your friend...

burnyd
02-01-2014, 07:01 PM
I call bunk bed with Luni poo.

donteatbugs
02-04-2014, 04:39 AM
^ you can have that snoring bear all you want. I cuddle up with Brian

Hipster Lawrence
02-06-2014, 12:00 AM
I haven't made any plans yet because I can't be sure of my schedule. With the wedding relatively close to the Dragon date time/work/finances will dictate. I'd like to at least make an appearance. I wish I could commit to the BBQ but I can't right now. Given that it's "our" home I doubt there will be anymore overnights here. Other activities are still possible.

Oh, Jesus Christ. Next year you'll be driving a minivan to the dragon.

Bless your heart. ;)

Luni
02-08-2014, 12:31 AM
SICK BURN!!

donteatbugs
02-09-2014, 06:38 AM
I like other activities!

Niiro420
02-09-2014, 02:14 PM
One year yal need to plan on stayin in maryville/alcoa. Its about fifteen min from the end of the dragon on the tenessee side. Id love to see the looks on peoples faces when all those "rice burnin" cars come through my town!

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

Murgatroy
02-09-2014, 05:50 PM
One year yal need to plan on stayin in maryville/alcoa. Its about fifteen min from the end of the dragon on the tenessee side. Id love to see the looks on peoples faces when all those "rice burnin" cars come through my town!

We stayed in Knoxville for years. This is only the third year of us staying at Fontana.

Niiro420
02-09-2014, 06:42 PM
Yal do this every year? Maybe next year my baby will be up to the challenge!

burnyd
02-09-2014, 10:11 PM
Yes!

Murgatroy
02-10-2014, 04:02 AM
We have run up there as a group for ten years or better.

Niiro420
02-10-2014, 04:10 AM
Wow yeah i hope my baby ready for the challenge next year.

4thgenceli
02-18-2014, 07:21 PM
FYI:

Cutoff date too book with these rates is the 28th of February.

MCcelica
02-20-2014, 02:04 AM
Thanks, Tim.

The Captain
02-23-2014, 11:02 PM
Oh, Jesus Christ. Next year you'll be driving a minivan to the dragon.

And still not as ghey as a Miata......

;)

MCcelica
02-28-2014, 04:01 PM
Locked in boys.

Lonestag
03-01-2014, 12:06 AM
Just got a Hemlock cabin, look out guys, Eli's coming!

burnyd
03-01-2014, 04:47 AM
Im sleeping with Ben and Luni poo.

CollapsedNut
03-01-2014, 05:33 AM
Tim, Azzy, and myself in my cabin. Unless Azzy bails like a bitch.

The Captain
03-02-2014, 05:33 AM
Looks like I'll be taking a day trip up on Friday.

CollapsedNut
03-02-2014, 05:46 AM
You arent staying... WTF

MCcelica
03-03-2014, 03:49 AM
Im sleeping with Ben and Luni poo.

I'll believe it when i see it.

burnyd
03-06-2014, 03:41 AM
Vip09 is going too and hes bringing all 14.7 seconds of 7th gen celica with him.

burnyd
03-06-2014, 03:42 AM
I'll believe it when i see it.

I shall be there Friday night. Ironically this whole thing fell in place perfect as I have a lab / test to take in Raleigh Friday morning.

vip09
03-10-2014, 12:55 AM
Paid for a bed, guess I will be going!

Lonestag
03-13-2014, 01:55 AM
So yeah,
Fair warning, I'm going to be able to recognize like five people, or six, and I'm going to forget all your names. I'm just horrible that way. Feel free to pay me back in kind (I might come in disguise to aid with this...)

I'm getting really excited though, it's only like, AHHHH, WHAT?!?! LIKE TWO WEEKS!?!? MY CAR DOESN'T EVEN HAVE BRAKES!!!!

(Runs to garage)

bloodMoney
03-13-2014, 04:25 AM
You better recognize me fucker.

CollapsedNut
03-13-2014, 04:27 AM
Who are you?

Murgatroy
03-13-2014, 05:13 PM
I suppose I will detail a car really nice. Not Captain Quality, but clean enough to pass inspection.

burnyd
03-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Well, two weeks away and I am still going. New shoes,bumper and side moldings will go on my car next week.

CollapsedNut
03-14-2014, 01:35 AM
I was gonna have Mudhoney running this time, but it would have taken me all my extra time before the Dragon. I'm flying into NC the 22nd(where the car is) and was planning to fix her before the run, got all the parts sitting there. My cousin got in an accident a few weeks ago and has some pretty bad head/brain trauma so I want to go see him down in eastern NC. Mudhoney just isn't gonna happen. It makes me sad but I haven't seen most of my family in over a year now.

Lonestag
03-14-2014, 05:21 AM
I'm going to put in the obligatory comment that The Dragon is for the community and has very little to do with how many Celicas, or even Toyota's (I'm looking at you John) show up. I'll be happy to meet you man, no matter what you drive.

CollapsedNut
03-15-2014, 01:40 AM
Have we not meet... like twice...

donteatbugs
03-15-2014, 11:36 AM
Ive never meeted you twice

CollapsedNut
03-15-2014, 07:18 PM
Yes you have...Three times actually.

Murgatroy
03-16-2014, 02:16 AM
Who the fuck are you people and why are we all going on vacation together?

Lonestag
03-16-2014, 03:52 AM
Lol, yes we have met, that's what I get for posting drunk. (Or at least I think I was drunk, I could just be an idiot...)

On an unrelated but on topic note, I have an extra room in my cabin that isn't going to be used if anybody would like to crash there. I'm not worried about splitting the cost, just don't want to see it go to waste.

Azzazzyn
03-16-2014, 09:52 AM
well boobs will be making the trip with me, and matt already offered to put me up with him and tim. Oh I should note, her birthday is the 29th, so we should embarrass the fuck out of her

METDeath
03-16-2014, 02:49 PM
well boobs will be making the trip with me, and matt already offered to put me up with him and tim. Oh I should note, her birthday is the 29th, so we should embarrass the fuck out of her

How are we going to do that? She already knows what your penis looks like.

CollapsedNut
03-17-2014, 12:27 AM
BAHAHAHA. Marshall wins

celica9303
03-17-2014, 12:42 AM
Wish I could make it. Have fun guys

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

MCcelica
03-17-2014, 05:10 AM
How are we going to do that? She already knows what your penis looks like.

Boom.

Azzazzyn
03-17-2014, 05:31 AM
hey now! its like the biggest 2 inches you've ever seen

The Captain
03-17-2014, 12:48 PM
I heard it was an angry two inches though.

Murgatroy
03-17-2014, 07:39 PM
Are we there yet?

MCcelica
03-17-2014, 09:49 PM
My pops asked the same thing last night. Lol

METDeath
03-18-2014, 03:08 AM

Last time I checked they don't award a "large 2 inches" it's the exact same as a "small two inches".

Hookecho
03-18-2014, 02:32 PM
Hey, lemme get your opinion on my plans... I was thinking of something special to do for Bruce that he would like, as far as spreading his ashes. I would like to spread them somewhere on the dragon, if we can find a space big enough for parking- maybe we could "car pool"?. In keeping this as much of a light hearted moment as possible, I was thinking of passing out donuts, maybe around dusk. One of his favorite songs, and the song that we were learning on our guitars when he died, is Journey's "Don't Stop Believing". I'd like to have that blaring on someone's stereo. And when it gets to the guitar solo, that's when I spread his ashes over the mountain. What do you think? Bruce wouldn't want anything at the dragon to be sad and boring; I think he would find this pretty awesome. I'm tired of all the generic depressing memorials that have been held for him; it's time for one that he would think rocks. Any ideas? I was going to pass out beer with the donuts but Monkey reminded me that cops don't generally like people drinking on the side of the road, lol.

Azzazzyn
03-18-2014, 03:18 PM
Hey, lemme get your opinion on my plans... I was thinking of something special to do for Bruce that he would like, as far as spreading his ashes. I would like to spread them somewhere on the dragon, if we can find a space big enough for parking- maybe we could "car pool"?. In keeping this as much of a light hearted moment as possible, I was thinking of passing out donuts, maybe around dusk. One of his favorite songs, and the song that we were learning on our guitars when he died, is Journey's "Don't Stop Believing". I'd like to have that blaring on someone's stereo. And when it gets to the guitar solo, that's when I spread his ashes over the mountain. What do you think? Bruce wouldn't want anything at the dragon to be sad and boring; I think he would find this pretty awesome. I'm tired of all the generic depressing memorials that have been held for him; it's time for one that he would think rocks. Any ideas? I was going to pass out beer with the donuts but Monkey reminded me that cops don't generally like people drinking on the side of the road, lol.

There is a spot with an overlook up top that we could fit 6-10 cars up there most likely and we could spread them up there. Its a beautiful view and everything

burnyd
03-18-2014, 05:24 PM
all this 2" talk is making me excited for next week.

4thgenceli
03-18-2014, 05:44 PM
There is a spot with an overlook up top that we could fit 6-10 cars up there most likely and we could spread them up there. Its a beautiful view and everything

I have the Believe album I can bring with on my iPod.

Murgatroy
03-18-2014, 06:11 PM
While the overlook is technically on the Dragon, it is always packed with bikers when I see it. The church where we always stop would be more available, though it is not technically on the Dragon.

I am not opposed to taking over the overlook, I just worry about having enough room when we get there with all the leaf looking bikers.

Lonestag
03-18-2014, 06:21 PM
I think that overlook is the best spot, very nice and really the only place people can congregate.
Also, it would require us to drive the Dragon first, which I think would be cool.

*** Edit ***
I understand Murg's Concerns, but I do really like the overlook. But the church is nice as well.

Hookecho
03-18-2014, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I remember the church had a nice view too, so that's fine with me if there are any bikers in the way :)

Tim- do you have Kansas' "Carry On My Wayward Son" too? He loved that one too...

4thgenceli
03-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Possibly.

I can raid the father inlaws music and bet I can find it. If not the internet is a wondrous place.

METDeath
03-18-2014, 11:02 PM
Already got it, I will make sure to transfer it to the car.

MCcelica
03-18-2014, 11:37 PM
I'm sure I got that on my iPod somewhere.

Murgatroy
03-18-2014, 11:43 PM
I only listen to Emo Screaming Progressive Operatic Metal anymore.

MCcelica
03-19-2014, 12:58 AM
So, Coheed & Cambria?

CollapsedNut
03-19-2014, 01:10 AM
So, Coheed & Cambria?

Yes

Lonestag
03-20-2014, 07:55 PM
Yes

Watch it now, that's Ash's favorite band.

Murgatroy
03-20-2014, 08:22 PM
You guys aren't fans of the soundtrack to The Amory Wars?

Some good stuff.

I was hooked on In This Moment, but now I have moved on to Townes Van Zandt.

I have a short attention span.

METDeath
03-20-2014, 08:37 PM
Jennifer, anything else you'd like on a playlist after Kansas?

Hookecho
03-21-2014, 06:04 PM
I don't guess so, Marshall. There's probably no need in staying out there much longer after spreading the ashes. But thank you!

MR2Guru
03-23-2014, 05:35 PM
Trying desperately to figure out ow to swing this. I may have to bring the baby, so I don't want to be a party pooper. I really could use a change of scenery, and he meet is just a short drive from home (AVL). I am so neglectful. ... I haven't been on the forum since you guys were talking April/May, so I have little time to prepare for next weekend.

Nitro_Alltrac
03-23-2014, 06:36 PM
I'll be coming through Asheville on Friday on the way over to Fontana.

MR2Guru
03-23-2014, 06:38 PM
I'll be coming through Asheville on Friday on the way over to Fontana.

In your car?

donteatbugs
03-25-2014, 03:08 PM
On a boat...tboat