PDA

View Full Version : 1991 GTS Exhaust, headers and down pipe

muscle_bound89@Live.com
11-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Ok folks. Any good news on ebay parts like KOS speed and OBX for exhaust headers/ down pipe. I think ill build the block to eventually take a turbo set up but in the mean time just use regular racing headers.

Is there any exhaust set up for the GTS that i could use for when i eventually turbo it or do I need to go to an exhaust shop and have it done.

Depending on what you guys say I may or may not go ahead and buy the cheap ebay stuff. This is for the 5sfe engine.

as of now looking to maybe get the 3sgte rods and pistons and going to have cam work done.

METDeath
11-30-2013, 03:04 PM
No point in doing an 5S-FE exhaust if you're going to swap. The recommend exhaust size for a 5S-FE is 2.25" and most people run 3" on 3S-GTEs.

Also, trust me on this, don't "think I'll do x so I'll buy y now" you will burn a lot of money this way. Think about what you want to do, and when you decide on it, then do that. Otherwise you end up with a bunch of semi-useless things laying around doing nothing.

I know of several people that have thrown away Celica parts because nobody wanted to buy them, I have personally tossed a few parts for the same reason.

pintoBC_3sgte
11-30-2013, 09:45 PM
As someone who did what your thinking about, just save your time and money.
Just wait until you are ready to turbo to do any work. It will be easier

muscle_bound89@Live.com
12-01-2013, 04:40 AM
So I bought the god speed turbo manifold and down pipe.

If i were to but close to stock 3sgte rods and pistons nothing fancy theres CP, eagle rod, BC and some other ones out there but all pretty expensive. . what kind of horse power will it put out with stock internals from 3sgte? and do you have to machine out cylinders to fit the 3sgte pistons in the 5sfe head? and I know you have to machine down the rod journals to fit the 3sgte rods.

muscle_bound89@Live.com
12-01-2013, 04:45 AM
Amazon has H beam rods for like 220 says they support to 600 horse power. and should i get the 3sgte pistons or have custom made forged 5sfe pistons?

Shadowlife25
12-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Thread locked.

OP, please figure out your goals. Members are trying to offer advice and you seem to not take part in the discussions, instead only posting new ideas you are having. This is quite rude and makes people feel that they are wasting their time by responding.
Our members are glad to help or offer advice when needed, but I highly recommend you use the search function and see what things you may be considering have already been covered.

For example:

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81

Thank you.