PDA

View Full Version : Fabricating Center console

DrPaine
12-08-2004, 05:32 AM
I got bored so I thought I woudl post my latest project im workign on at home, not through the shop, This picture is after i put the reinforcement layer and some fiberglass, 1 layer of primer for me to see imperfections.

Tomorrow night im goin out with the woman so no working on it but i think i'll take it to the shop on thursday, sand the fuck out of it, fill it in and primer it once again to see the texture. I'll take some more pics friday when I wake up.

comments, constructive critism, post away, i put a pic of the stock console for you to gauge the difference.

https://home.comcast.net/~jaredpaine/Center%20Console.JPG

Adrian Avgerinos
12-08-2004, 04:43 PM
Need more details. What's the scope of the project? What do you want it to look like when you are finished and how will it be different than what you are replacing.

DrPaine
12-08-2004, 04:57 PM
I have a metal shift trim bezel thats round coming, and im goign to cut out the circle in the middle to match that hole and then put a boot on it, as far as taking away the ash tray, Im goign to put a row of switching going along where the ash tray used to be.

Mister2T
12-15-2004, 05:30 AM
nice what materials are you using, how did you make a mold of it.

Mike431635
12-15-2004, 05:34 AM
I think it looks good and is a great idea. I like the circular openings that are on a lot of high end cars, and having all the switches you need in it would be cool too. There's probably room for a gauge there too, depending on how many switches you have.