PDA

View Full Version : looking at a new daily 5th gen

grimmythereaper
11-17-2013, 04:44 PM
so i found a 5th gen on craigslist in what im asumming is a rare light blue color and the guy is willing to take 750 for it but like any car that cheap it has problems. From what the seller told me the dizzy isnt getting power, he has replaced everything that leads to the dizzy, but it still gets no power he also thinks it may be the ecu gone bad. he also told me the wires that lead to the dizzy isnt sending power to it. the car cranks just doesnt start. my question is how easy of a fix is this? im thinking the dizzy is bad more then the wires, bc i dont see how the wires will just go bad radomly. the car is a 92 celica gt with a 5sfe. do u guys think its worth it? im going to look at it wedsday and im going to take an extra dizzy with me and see what happens :)

jdm_celica_gts
11-17-2013, 05:26 PM
I'm about to sell my 92 gts. Metallic teal, super clean interior, all trac hood, new distributor, new cv shafts, new timing belt, new master and slave cylinder. 107k miles on the odo. Asking 3,000 obo

Car_Barn_Bandit
11-18-2013, 03:32 AM
I'm about to sell my 92 gts. Metallic teal, super clean interior, all trac hood, new distributor, new cv shafts, new timing belt, new master and slave cylinder. 107k miles on the odo. Asking 3,000 obo

Fotos? Is she auto?

jdm_celica_gts
11-18-2013, 04:40 AM
5 speed. 5sfe. And there are a few photos in my gallery. I'll take some more next weekend when I clean it up.

grimmythereaper
11-20-2013, 09:55 PM
so after lookin at the pics of the car that the guy sent me again of the engine bay i noticed that the dissy cap is for a rev 2 5sfe and not a rev 1 so my question is this, could the fact that the rubber boots isnt seating over the spark plug tubes on all 4 tubes cause so much of a loss of spark that the car wont start?

Car_Barn_Bandit
11-21-2013, 07:08 AM
so after lookin at the pics of the car that the guy sent me again of the engine bay i noticed that the dissy cap is for a rev 2 5sfe and not a rev 1 so my question is this, could the fact that the rubber boots isnt seating over the spark plug tubes on all 4 tubes cause so much of a loss of spark that the car wont start?

Yes. I had this issue on my first Celica actually. Wrong boots, and I was getting poor spark.