PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know anything about Revolution brake kits?

Carolina91GT-S
10-29-2013, 01:57 PM
What do you guys think about these Revolution Brake kits? They use Wilwood 4 pot calipers with 324mm discs. They are very reasonably priced for a Big Brake Kit at $949 for the front set. They do not list a rear set on the website but I spoke to him yesterday and they do have a rear set, at least for the 5th gens. It's a little more at $1359 and it does use the stock parking brake. All in all though, $2308 for a complete 4 wheel big brake setup is not bad at all. Maybe he would even do lower if there was a group buy involved?

Anyway....What do you guys know about Revolution and Wilwood? Good? Bad? consider? run away?

http://site.revolutionbrake.com/production-brake-kits.html

~Chris

METDeath
10-29-2013, 03:49 PM
John uses Wilwood calipers on Princess, I also like that they have the printout to check wheel fitment.

The Captain
10-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Bugs had a set of these on his Alltrac. I believe he made them work on his MR2. From what I remember they are re-drilled Supra rotors for a 5x100 bolt pattern. They worked just fine.

underscore
10-29-2013, 05:51 PM
That kit for the fronts sounds like a good deal, that's about what I paid for the Porsche conversion with used calipers.

Carolina91GT-S
11-01-2013, 11:15 PM
I am printing up the Template to test out several wheels I have sitting around. I have the stock GT-S wheels, 7th Gen GT-S wheels and Scion TC Wheels.

donteatbugs
11-04-2013, 07:31 PM
Scion wheels should clear. I dont know what the kit is going for now but I have the old caliper brakets and rotors (minus one centering ring) if you are interested in making your own kit.