PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Lowering Springs, Coil Bind

waycool
10-27-2013, 03:17 AM
Anyone running the Sport Line Eibach's. Wanted to know if the rear springs lower coils should be touching. It seems that the lower 3-4 coils are stacked on top of each other.

METDeath
10-27-2013, 10:15 PM
I had that problem... then I switched to the 6th gen TRD springs, problem solved. Also, the car rode better, granted, I was also using Koni struts so had to redial them in.

This was on a 91 GT coupe, btw.

Also, don't freak out about the height difference of the springs... (but take pictures) if you change to them.

Car_Barn_Bandit
10-28-2013, 11:37 PM
Mine touch and the coating wore off. Eibach customer service told me to piss vinegar. Not buying anything else from those beyatches.

Where do I find them?

METDeath
10-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Mine touch and the coating wore off. Eibach customer service told me to piss vinegar. Not buying anything else from those beyatches.

Where do I find them?

6th gen TRD springs? Dealer, I found the lowest price on from a dealer on 6gc, something like 200ish shipped.

Granted, this car I'm going with Megan coil-overs.

Car_Barn_Bandit
10-30-2013, 12:25 AM
Well alright. I will look into that.

waycool
10-31-2013, 02:30 AM
Eibach told me that is normal for progressive springs. They said that the coil bind spring coils rebound up on lifting situations. Has anyone ran the H&R springs and do they bind at the bottom also.

METDeath
10-31-2013, 01:12 PM
Eibach told me that is normal for progressive springs. They said that the coil bind spring coils rebound up on lifting situations. Has anyone ran the H&R springs and do they bind at the bottom also.

Sure, it's normal for cheap progressive springs, which is sadly my opinion of them after them failing to honor CCB's warranty claim, and the MASSIVE improvement when switching to the TRD springs.

I think KoreanJoey has H&R on his GTS daily... He seems to like them a lot, I can't speak for the coil bind issue.

KoreanJoey
11-05-2013, 12:44 PM
No bind issues w/ the H and R.