PDA

View Full Version : fuel leak from random hose

celicaman97
10-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Hey Guys, i have a 1990 celica gts 5sfe and if you dont already know from all my questions i replaced the engine in it and i have a couple more questions.. first off i found a random hose disconnected and when i was pouring gas in it i went under the hood and gas was coming out of it, it is connected to a metal line on the firewall but the other end is just free bird connected to nothing. any ideas? and when i ran it last it leaked gas pretty good so i think that is the problem and how could i just connect the steering rack hoses to leave the p/s pump off? because mine is shot and i thinkits the cruise control its on the pass side by the headlight, it has a vacuum hose going to it and im not sure where that one connects to, can one of you guys that has the same car post a pic for me? id appreciate it and thanks in advance

grimmythereaper
10-06-2013, 09:07 PM
is the fuel filter under the hood connected?

celicaman97
10-06-2013, 09:20 PM
yes it is the top goes to the fuel rail and the bottom is a metal line

T-spoon
10-07-2013, 03:10 AM
Sounds like fuel return line? I don't recall the setup on a 5SFE, but probably it should connect to the fuel pressure regulator on the rail?

celicaman97
10-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Its only about a foot of rubber hose and starts behind the air box I don't think it will reach

T-spoon
10-08-2013, 12:45 AM
Is the cold start injector connected to the center of the fuel rail? It should be, by a fuel line that is part metal and part hose