PDA

View Full Version : Very bad rust spot... HELP!!

voughtrazer
10-02-2013, 07:18 PM
I want to know what can I do to eliminate the rust in this part of the car... The rust spot it's quite bad and I feel bad for the car because I know this will only get worst. What can I do? I know the car needs a paint job, but I need to address this issue first before getting it ready to be painted. What tips can you give me? Thanks a lot for your time.

Here are the couple of pictures I took...
http://imageshack.us/a/img443/8792/6b8a.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img543/2158/wq09.jpg

grimmythereaper
10-02-2013, 11:05 PM
cut it out is pretty much your only option here, i would get it all done at once at what ever body shop you take the car to for the paint job

voughtrazer
10-03-2013, 02:21 AM
I got a quote for the paint job and they saw the car and they said $2500, I don't know if I'm getting over-charged but If that's my only option, I will get all the rust eliminated first, I have just like $900ish that i've been saving for the paint job, hopefully I won't get charged a lot. Thanks for your answer mate.

grimmythereaper
10-03-2013, 04:20 AM
Its no problem. 2500 isnt a bad price for rust fix and paint

alltracman78
10-03-2013, 10:50 PM
Honestly, don't waste your money on it. I guarantee there are other rust spots on the bottom that you haven't seen.
Drive that till it dies and save up for something else.

93celicaconv
10-06-2013, 01:07 PM
If it is the only rust spot on the bottom, you should try to find out why that particular location rusted out. While it is hard to see from the pictures, I think I see that the radio antenna water tube is resting inside of that area, not protruding out through the grommet pictured. If that is the case, that is the reason for your significant rust. Than antenna water tube is supposed to go through that grommet to let water escape from the antenna housing to the outside, not trip it within your lower wheel well and rust the thing out.

voughtrazer
10-13-2013, 08:56 PM
Thank you all for your quick answers, I've been busy with college and work, but thankfully I checked my car for more rust and the car has none, just a little bit near the surroundings of the back window. The rust will keep spreading, but I am planning to keep the car so I will work on it and just spend a couple of hundreds since I paid almost nothing for the car. I will check the radio antenna water tube and hopefully address that problem. Thanks so much for your time, I really appreciate it.

grimmythereaper
10-19-2013, 05:46 PM
one more area to check for rust if the antenna is leaking would be under the spoiler on the anttena side if it has a 3 piece spoiler