PDA

View Full Version : vert top wiring diagram

grimmythereaper
09-30-2013, 08:21 PM
does anybody know where i can find the wiring diagram for a 92 gt vert? im trying to make sure the top will work with my swap

The Captain
09-30-2013, 08:36 PM
Nothing to check. It'll work fine.

The top wiring is blended with the body wiring and independent of the engine harness.

grimmythereaper
09-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Nothing to check. It'll work fine.

The top wiring is blended with the body wiring and independent of the engine harness.

truth be told im a little confused now, so i wont have to touch the body harness at all? just the engine harnesses?

The Captain
09-30-2013, 09:51 PM
You didn't imply that. You asked if anything was particular to the vert, which there isn't. There is no wiring difference between doing a coupe/hatch 5SFE to 3SGTE swap than there is on a vert.

grimmythereaper
09-30-2013, 10:35 PM
You didn't imply that. You asked if anything was particular to the vert, which there isn't. There is no wiring difference between doing a coupe/hatch 5SFE to 3SGTE swap than there is on a vert.

ok, i have a 92 GT swaped with a 3sgte and all the wiring is alrdy done for me. its all pretty much plug and play ecept for the wiring for the top. what im tring to figure out is would it be best to take the body harness from my 92 GT coupe and add the the wiring from the verts top to the harness from the 92 coupe? or is that just a watste of time and adding more work then there needs to be?

The Captain
10-01-2013, 12:40 AM
I had a 92 5SFE vert. I put a 3SGTE motor in it. I followed the swap directions on this site. Motor and top worked fine. You don't touch the vert specific wiring.

It's like you're asking if you have to rewire the stereo to make it work after the swap. The swap does not touch the stereo wiring. You don't have to do anything to "make the top work". Just like the stereo, the tail lights and the electric windows, the top will function and none of it's wiring needs to be touched. It's completely independent of anything you touch doing a swap.

Some fuzzy knowledge...

There are a few wires you have to move in the engine to body plugs near the ECU. I can't remember them off hand but if all the wiring is "done" for you then you should be fine. It's a matter of moving the pins in the plug. Both ECU's have 3 plugs. Two of the plugs come from the engine. The third comes from the body that also plugs into the ECU. You need the infamous "third plug" from a 3S equipped car. The "third" plug comes from the body and plugs into the ECU, but your car has a plug that plugs into a 5S ECU. So you need to change the "body to ECU" plug to the one that plugs into the 3S ECU. It does shit like make the tach work and the fuel pump relay etc. It does not touch the top!!!!!!!

grimmythereaper
10-02-2013, 03:21 AM
I had a 92 5SFE vert. I put a 3SGTE motor in it. I followed the swap directions on this site. Motor and top worked fine. You don't touch the vert specific wiring.

It's like you're asking if you have to rewire the stereo to make it work after the swap. The swap does not touch the stereo wiring. You don't have to do anything to "make the top work". Just like the stereo, the tail lights and the electric windows, the top will function and none of it's wiring needs to be touched. It's completely independent of anything you touch doing a swap.

Some fuzzy knowledge...

There are a few wires you have to move in the engine to body plugs near the ECU. I can't remember them off hand but if all the wiring is "done" for you then you should be fine. It's a matter of moving the pins in the plug. Both ECU's have 3 plugs. Two of the plugs come from the engine. The third comes from the body that also plugs into the ECU. You need the infamous "third plug" from a 3S equipped car. The "third" plug comes from the body and plugs into the ECU, but your car has a plug that plugs into a 5S ECU. So you need to change the "body to ECU" plug to the one that plugs into the 3S ECU. It does shit like make the tach work and the fuel pump relay etc. It does not touch the top!!!!!!!

thanks for the help captain:) not sure why the top was confusing me so much.

The Captain
10-02-2013, 06:04 PM
No worries! The vert was EPIC after the swap! Good luck!