PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump relay kit wiring. switched 12v

C-dubb
09-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Okay I can't find a wiring diagram for the power source going to the fuel pump. Anywhere. There is a harness that connects to the blue and white wires going to the fuel pump. On the other side of the connecter there are four wires and I don't know what's what. Can anyone put a label on these wires or send me in the direction of a diagram?

bloodMoney
10-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Bump! Did you find your answer Cory?

Shadowlife25
10-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Try checking the BGB. That should be listed in there.

C-dubb
10-16-2013, 12:39 AM
Couldn't find it in the bgb, actualy couldn't find the fuel pump wiring mentioned anywhere in there. I got it wired up, with help via text from Speedricer. Still have a fueling problem though. My supra 550cc inj. Are not making good AFRs past 14psi. Around 6k rpm I get up towards 13:1 and strat to get det. I'm supposed to take the car to the dyno to tune in Nov. And was hoping I wouldn't have to upgrade injectors. Looks like these 550s don't go as far as advertised.

On a related topic...anyone have side feed 800s so I don't have to change to top feed. Blah.

spitfiremk16
10-16-2013, 01:04 AM
What turbocharger are you running? 550's should be good for the low to mid 300 hp range on a fwd celica. Also what ecu are you running?

C-dubb
10-16-2013, 01:22 AM
Awd celica, and the turbocharger is a Garrett t3/t4 50trim .68 A/R 32mm external wastegate. Ecu is AEM EMS. I was just determined to get more out of them bc the supra turbo guys seem to be able to get a lot. I did 285awhp on a mustang dyno with them before I upgraded to 268 cams and a 3" exhaust.

spitfiremk16
10-16-2013, 05:26 PM
Yeah, i can almost guarantee you those injectors are maxed out. I would moreso judge these injectors ability on a 3sgte. Not a a supra which has 2 more cylinders and 2 more injectors. On a two wheel drive celica or mr2 550's get maxed out a 330-360 whp. On an alltrac with even higher drive train loss you are going to max them out even earlier. Probably around 300 or so. You were probably close to having them maxed out when you dynoed it at 285. You can either get some 800 cc sards or for the same amount of money get a top feed fuel rail and top feed injectors. I would go with the top feed rail and top feed injectors myself because if you need more injector down the road you will already have the rail and top feed injectors are cheaper. You may not think you will need more then 800's but you never know if you will want to run e85 or race fuel down the road. Just some food for thought. With that being said buy injectors that are size matched for your current turbo, power and fuel type goals. Too big of an injector and it will give you poor idle.

C-dubb
10-16-2013, 06:27 PM
Yeah I suppose you're right. Even so the numbers I was going by for these injectors I have heard around 350. Yes there is more drivetrain power loss compared to 2wd setups and I can see these being maxed out around there. I compared prices and its actually a few bucks cheaper to buy ATS top feed injectors and rail than it is to buy SARD 800cc side feeds. I was planning on going with 1000cc injectors instead of their 800s so I wouldn't have to upgrade again soon. Not sure how hard of a time I would have getting them to idle though.

On that note, anyone interested in buying a wolfkatz side feed rail and a set of 550cc injectors?

spitfiremk16
10-16-2013, 11:32 PM
Another thing i forgot to mention is that the number where your injectors get maxed out at is on a dynojet. You dynoed your car on a mustang dyno which reads lower then a dynojet. I would not be surprised if you were to make around 300 if not a bit more on a dynojet. When you figure that in plus your drivetrain loss that is around that 330-360 whp i mentioned. You should idle ok with 1000 cc injectors. Make sure you order their installation kit for the top feed fuel rail so you will have a way to mount the fuel pressure regulator and hook up the fuel lines or buy the apprpriate lines and fittings to do so on your own. Please post up your dyno on here when you get it tuned for the bigger injectors. I would be interested in checking it out!

C-dubb
10-17-2013, 12:23 AM
Yeah, the tuner told me on a dynojet it would be closer to 310-320whp. I actually have an aeromotive FPR with the instalation lines from speed source. I think that kit has what I need to install the rail. I was wondering about the plugs on the ATS injectors, they didn't mention anything about pigtails for installing them so I am guessing they are direct plug in. Also, not sure if they are high or low imp. And whether or not I need to do away with the resistor pack. I will definitely post up my dyno chart and I plan on taking some video too. Thanks for the insight!

spitfiremk16
10-17-2013, 02:18 AM
I know that the top feed injectors are high impedance(factory injectors are low impedance) so you will be able to remove and bypass your injector resistor pack. Hopefully somebody can else could chime in on this as this is something i have not done on my own alltrac and dont want to be giving advice on something i am not sure about. I would check with ats as far as the pigtails for the injectors go. Worst comes to worst you would just have to cut the old ones off and solder some new ones in. Maybe check with them also on fuel line and pressure regulator fitment. 310-320 is pretty good power on an alltrac as it is! Cant wait to see you dyno it with your new setup. Do you happen to have the dynosheet from when you originally dynoed it?

C-dubb
10-18-2013, 11:47 PM
I talked to someone at ats. Pigtails come in the Installation kit they sell but I already have the fuel lines so they said $25 for the pigtails. I will try to get the rail and injectors installed next week. I'm interested in how it will perform too. I'm hoping for high 300s. We will see.

C-dubb
03-27-2014, 09:55 PM
Late update and new problem I'm working.

here's the new issue; http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?58409-Ignition-break-up-at-5500-6200rpm

I installed the new fuel system and it works great ~11:1 afr @15psi at only 48% duty cycle on the injectors (went with 1000cc) The car made 300whp@15psi and we started having ignition issues so I'm working on them. Hoping for 380-400whp on the current setup (calculated, this is a moderate estimation considering the efficiency range of my turbo) The number is on a mustang dyno that reads 8% lower than a dynojet (tested on another car with same tune on both dyno's) I hope to test on a dynojet also when I'm finished.