PDA

View Full Version : Greetings. New to forum.

Slicer
09-23-2013, 04:28 AM
Hi everyone. I've been driving suvs for years now and I'm going to rollover if I don't get a proper whip for those late nite drives. I'm looking to pick up a straight roller in about two months and get it refreshed before the first drive.

I plan to keep my jeep for the time being but I'm looking for a low slung stablemate that won't cost me a fortune in tires and upkeep. I have a short list of compact coupes that would be appropriate platforms for a midnight runabout and the Toyota Celica is at the top.

I have been happy thus far to get my info from google and not register to any forums but it seems like this place is where it's at for the tech. So I have joined to learn what I can and I'll happily contribute what I can where appropriate.

MCcelica
09-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Welcome.

What are the cars on your list? Several people on here own all types of vehicles. Hell we even have this weird dude who drives a Mustang on here... anyway. Post up what you're contemplating and we will do our best to get you squared away with the right vehicle for you.

The Captain
09-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Welcome!

Shadowlife25
09-24-2013, 11:32 PM
Welcome. :)

Slicer
09-28-2013, 02:26 AM
Thanks for warm welcome!

Welcome.

What are the cars on your list? Several people on here own all types of vehicles. Hell we even have this weird dude who drives a Mustang on here... anyway. Post up what you're contemplating and we will do our best to get you squared away with the right vehicle for you.

Really I'm pretty well researched on the available cars. Year 94 or 99 Celica is more than serviceable and I just always liked the car. I'm leaving my options open to other possible cars. I'm saying I don't really need that type of help.

But I will accept it so we can benchrace.

Heres a brief overview of my needs when aiming to build a car with a 20-80mph performance envelope:

Must:
Has to be a very cheap starting car.
Must be manual trans.
Under 3000 pounds. (More under, the better)
Easily maintained.
Some type of motorsports development.

No matter:
General layout.
Engine type. (no more rotaries tho.;p)
Origen.

Preferred:
90's jdm!!!!!!! The cars are getting older but theyre still great fun. I am nostalgic for all of these cars.
Coupes. I don't intend to carry more than one passenger. Ever.
Gas mileage. (why not prefer it?)
Not a cop magnet. (Sorry, Integra. A fine car otherwise.)

So you see a Celica fits my criteria. But many cars do. The main things that have attracted me to the 94/95Celica is that it's easy enough to find a good one cheap, Toyota made the sturdiest car in this era of very sturdy car, and that it was in Sega Rally Championship. (I was 14.)

But why shouldn't I just start off with a GC8 Impreza? ;p

4thgenceli
09-28-2013, 02:43 AM
I heard the new mustangs get 300+ hp and 30mpg....

MCcelica
09-29-2013, 07:12 AM
Doesn't fit into the cheap category, Tim. Reading owns you sometimes.

Sounds good, though Slicer. I do know Sean (his screen name is Sean) also has his 92 (5th gen) for sale on here. It's a minor fixer upper, but it would be well worth it.

Slicer
10-05-2013, 04:48 AM
The new mustang is a good car. But if I was going to get a new car and drive it near stock It would be an FRS by a mile. The Mustang is 3500 pounds...