PDA

View Full Version : door ajar lights wont go out, checked the usual

pc18
09-16-2013, 09:58 PM
Well i just bought my 94 jdm st205 celica a few days ago and after getting it home i found a note in the door saying that one of the fuses had been removed. so i put the fuse back in and the door lights and the dome light started working and the chim for when the door is open.

but then i realised that the lights in the doors, the dome light in the head liner and the door open light in the dash cluster will not go out when the doors are closed. the chime does disable though.

i took both the door switches off and they are both clean and not rusty or worn. i tried swapping them but nothing changed. ive tried pushing the switches with my finger but nothing changes.

is there something for the boot door that i need to look at?

The Captain
09-17-2013, 12:12 AM
Hatch.

buffalohunter7321
09-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Maybe I can return the favor.! My trac was doing the same thing. Turns out, that it was the bar latch on the back door post that was lose. I pushed it all the way back and tighten up the screws and the problem was solved.

By back door post I mean where the side of the door where the handle is, and the post is where the handle side of door connects with the car.

Hope this helps.