PDA

View Full Version : Heated leather seats?

buffalohunter7321
09-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Does anyone know if there is some way to modifying the front leather seats, so they can be heated? And have this hooked up to the defrost switch button?

The Captain
09-15-2013, 11:27 PM
Yes, check out my build thread on the secret project.

Interesting idea on the defrost switch. It would be a huge draw on the electrical system though so I wouldn't recommend it. But if you were to do this.. The heated seat kits usually come with the relays and switches. Just tap somewhere off the rear defroster switch to throw the relay on. You'd still have to wire the relay in. Too much current to do it direct. I mounted my switches on the plastic trim around the shifter.

buffalohunter7321
09-16-2013, 03:38 AM
Thank you Cap, but remember that I am old and do not have the skills to look up your thread, [I simply don't know how to use this computer the way I should]. So can you tell me how to go about pulling that up.

Hey cap I found the thread. Looks like I can handle this. But where did you get the heating parts from?

METDeath
09-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Thank you Cap, but remember that I am old and do not have the skills to look up your thread, [I simply don't know how to use this computer the way I should]. So can you tell me how to go about pulling that up.

Hey cap I found the thread. Looks like I can handle this. But where did you get the heating parts from?

In this case, he happens to have made it a link in his signature, you can click on his name and look at his profile then click on view all threads started by..., or you can go to the My Project forum and search threads by his username.

Or you can click here (http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?45443-The-secret-project.-.)

The Captain
09-16-2013, 07:41 PM

Ebay...
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=m570.l3201&_nkw=heated+seat+kit&_sacat=0

I used the ones with the little round two position switches.