PDA

View Full Version : Ford Probe SE

Punisher
05-12-2005, 06:32 AM
Nothing much to say... seemed to be a slow piece of shit.. from a stop light.. guy tried to race me and I just left him behind... Did it twice actually.. second time was coming around a nice corner and I was in third gear.. everytime I would tap the gas peddle the front end would just lurch upward.. was quite awesome...

This fricken celica is as weird as my old corolla... some days I turn the ignition and the engine pulls so fuckin strong and perfect and some times during the same day it'll eat shit... bog.. etc...

Slider
05-12-2005, 08:52 AM
Nothing much to say... seemed to be a slow piece of shit.. from a stop light.. guy tried to race me and I just left him behind... Did it twice actually.. second time was coming around a nice corner and I was in third gear.. everytime I would tap the gas peddle the front end would just lurch upward.. was quite awesome...

This fricken celica is as weird as my old corolla... some days I turn the ignition and the engine pulls so fuckin strong and perfect and some times during the same day it'll eat shit... bog.. etc...

Just watch out for the GT's. I know those would kill a stock celica. The SE's only make 115hp.

Punisher
05-14-2005, 07:41 AM
Bleh i'll take a GT on... it's a fuckin FORD!

I could easily out-manuever a Probe any day... My celi grabs the road so damn hard I'd lose the probe in the turns.

Is it just me or are the 5th gen's (GT/GTS) really well weight balanced?

Slider
05-14-2005, 09:01 AM

I could easily out-manuever a Probe any day... My celi grabs the road so damn hard I'd lose the probe in the turns.

It's more Mazda then Ford, except for the shitty interior.

F/R

61.9%/38.1%

bitskyline
05-15-2005, 02:06 AM
stick some yoko parada spec 2's on there... never break loose i love mine

DanTheMan
05-15-2005, 06:09 AM

you are REALLY under estimating the power of the Ford Probe GT...they do handle well and have more low end torque..too bad they arent rwd :(
i love Probe GT's, but the 4 cylinders are ugly :ugh:

Punisher
05-15-2005, 08:19 AM
hmmm ... My Dunlop FM901's grab insanely well.

That weight balance isn't very good :(

blue_pill85
05-21-2005, 05:36 PM
drove a gt now i have a celica, and as much as i hate to say it the gt will maul the celica in every aspect of a race, but cant drive them real hard for real long. my buddy has an mx6 with teh same 2.5 as the second gen gt probes man its a piece!! he drives the hell out of it and has warped two headed and now the bearings are shot, you can hear the motor knocking over his 10 inch subwoofers, but the for 4 bangers are turds!