PDA

View Full Version : Broken driver side automatic window

matteo80
09-12-2013, 11:01 PM
So my drivers window doesn't wind up, the motor sounds like it is working and will wind it down but not up, it sometimes falls an inch down when closed.

I went to a scrap yard at the weekend and found a 5th gen donor car...

But wow.. I don't see how I can access the part I need without destroying the door, all the upholstery etc, seems like the inner door is all metal, there is no good way of getting to the part I need.

Is there an easy way to do this, something I missed?
Thanks

Galcobar
09-12-2013, 11:19 PM
All the upholstery should come off with the interior door panel. Access to the window mechanism is then available through the large openings in the metal door panel, to which everything is mounted, or via the window opening (unbolt/unclip the weather stripping). Just peel back the plastic weather shield and try to keep the acoustic sealant in one piece, it never dries but it can get coated with dirt, and handling it means both difficult-to-clean hands and less adhesion for the weather shield.

matteo80
09-13-2013, 05:27 PM
That's what I was afraid of... There's no hidden bolts somewhere where the inside metal panel can be removed?... I damaged the upholstery on the car in the scrap yard removing it and I still couldn't access the parts easily at all.

Think I'll have to take this one to the stealership

Galcobar
09-14-2013, 02:46 AM
I'm not sure why any upholstery would be in the way. Once the interior trim panel is removed, all you're dealing with is metal. And all of the pieces are removable without separating the remaining panels. The window pane and guides go out the top once you remove the belt moulding, and the rest of the hardware goes out the gaping holes in the door panel.