PDA

View Full Version : New engine, Ran fine, now no spark.

Snakeman
09-01-2013, 08:33 PM
I recently just installed new 5sfe in my 95 Celica GT. After filling all fluids I started engine and everything ran great. I drove the car down the road, came back and my car cut off. Now when I try to crank it has no spark and after cranking when key is turned to accessory the fan comes on and the temp gauge goes all the way to hot. When key is in on position temp reads normal. When I turn key from accessory to off it continues to run the fan and light unless I switch it back to accessory and then off again. I am also getting no spark. When I tested spark it sparked one time and tried to crank then wouldn't spark again, ( I used timing light to check spark on #1 plug wire). Cap is fairly new along with rotor and wires. Not sure how to pull codes on Toyota and I don't have a code reader. I also want to text the igniter but not sure how to do this.

Shadowlife25
09-02-2013, 03:26 AM
E1 and TE1 are the two points you need to bridge at the test connector in the engine bay to pull codes.
Once you do this it will flash out the codes via a series of long and short blinks on the dash using the check engine icon.
You can find all the info here on the board.

Luni
09-02-2013, 07:26 AM
Check your grounds man.

Snakeman
09-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the code info. I'm going to go give grounds a check now. I remember when I was hooking up grounds, but I might need to loosen and make sure they are getting good connection. I also need to get back under car anyway to take a picture of a piece that I was talking about in introductions forum. The car ran so good, the few minutes it did run.I miss it. Looked and can't find my multimeter either so I'm gonna have to go buy another one. I'll keep you guys updated.

Snakeman
09-02-2013, 09:44 PM
Ground loose on back passengee side of intake manifold loose, tightened and fixed problems with fan running and mil on while ignition off. Still not getting spark though. Pulled a code 14 which points to igniter circuit. As soon as I get multimeter I should be able to check if ecu is sending signal to igniter. Hopefully it is. Just wondering why my igniter would just go bad if it turns out the circuit is good.

Snakeman
09-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Pulled fuse, cleared memory, started up. I still have suspicions about my igniter though. Drove car, everything works fine, cut off and started back up a few times. Gonna keep my fingers crossed and still invest in a multimeter. Thanks for the help guys.

Shadowlife25
09-03-2013, 06:23 AM
Glad you got it running man.

Luni
09-04-2013, 07:38 AM
and BOOM goes the dynamite.

ChrisD
09-05-2013, 03:58 AM
Luni takes the win

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4