PDA

View Full Version : NGK Iridium plugs for a 1.6?

voughtrazer
08-31-2013, 02:33 AM
Well, I bought the copper ones today, but only because the NGK (Iridium) plugs I ordered didn't arrive on time. My question is, are this plugs good for my engine? Or perhaps should I cancel the order to Autozone and keep the Copper ones that are already in my engine? Thank you very much for your time.

Murgatroy
08-31-2013, 10:40 AM
Copper is fine, it is what I have always run.

The benefit to iridium is not having to change your plugs as often, they last much longer, but as far as performance, copper are better.

If you are find with checking your plugs every oil change or two to make sure they are good, coppers are fine.

If you want to install them and forget them, iridium is where it is at.

Luni
09-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Copper schmopper.

It isnt better. Iridium is the way to go. Murg doesnt know what hes talking about :)

ChrisD
09-01-2013, 05:27 PM
My preference is iridium as well. Used to run copper, couldn't stand how fickle they were. Really hated changing them every 3-5k. On a non turbo car maybe it's less of an issue, but iridium will always last longer.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

T-spoon
09-02-2013, 01:47 AM
Had issues with coppers. The tips spaded quickly, didn't hold their gaps right and generally didn't work well for me. Been running iridiums for the last year and have been happy with them.

Shadowlife25
09-02-2013, 02:25 AM
Running Iridiums the last 4+ years and had great reliability from them. They get my vote.

Luni
09-02-2013, 07:20 AM
Just changed the plugs out on the 7th gen. 160k miles out of a set of iridiums. They still fired when pulled too. They were dirty as fuck. Those plugs can take a beating copper just cant even compete with. Yeah theyre about 3 times as expensive on average. Theyre also 3 times better IMO.