PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control

Psychowrath
08-24-2013, 04:34 AM
Alright guys I have a 90 gt 2.2 five speed now when I turn my cruise on the light on the dash comes on but I have no other responses won't actually engage any insight?

Physlis
08-24-2013, 05:13 AM
Do you also have the Brake light on in your dash? It could indicate aa issue/ faulty sensor in the brake system which will disable cruise control (usually fluid level sensor in the reservior). Of course check fuses, and vacuum lines for leaks. If all else checks good you may have to troubleshoot the CC unit.

Galcobar
08-24-2013, 08:04 AM
Also check whether your brake lights are permanently on -- that would indicate your brake pedal sensor is stuck, which would also cancel the cruise control.

Psychowrath
08-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Would the lisence plate light out cause this I know others like breaks and reverse lights can cause it it's not vacuume or fuse related.... I'm testing sensors now hoth seem to be good if not where can I get replacements?

Physlis
08-24-2013, 09:23 PM
If a sensor is tripping the system/bad, it will pop up on your dash. If all else fails, check to make sure the Brake dash light isn't burned out. I doubt a blown plate light would cause it but I've seen stranger.

Psychowrath
08-25-2013, 02:58 AM
Both sensors good and brake light works every time I set e brake light comes on...

ctgriffi
09-23-2013, 05:31 PM
I fought this issue for a long time on my 93 GTS until I finally got it working again. Details and more info at this thread: http://www.toyotacelicas.com/forums/94-fifth-generation/46272-cruise-control-question.html

93celicaconv
10-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Yeap, a bad VSS (vehicle speed sensor) can cause this cruise control problem. There are also codes you can get from the cruise module (flashing cruise control lamp) which will tell you a lot of what the module knows is wrong when you put the cruise control system into diagnostic mode (not much different that putting the engine ECU into diagnostic mode to the the trouble codes). Using that feature often prevents one from hunting in a trial-and-error fashion.