PDA

View Full Version : good parts, smart maintenance?

sick90celica
08-13-2013, 03:18 AM
Anyone know where to find aftermarket, stiff motor mounts for a 1990 gts celica? And also replacing gasket for intake manifold, any easy notes from anyone who's tackled this job?

Hiko
08-13-2013, 05:02 AM
Can't help you really with the manifold gasket, but check this (http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?56609-insert-motor-mounts&highlight=poly+engine+5sfe) thread for some ideas on the mounts. We don't really have aftermarket poly options on the passenger side and trans mount though.

FWIW, I have the Kirkosaurus inserts and they stiffen things up nicely.

Shadowlife25
08-13-2013, 05:09 AM
Can't help you really with the manifold gasket, but check this (http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?56609-insert-motor-mounts&highlight=poly+engine+5sfe) thread for some ideas on the mounts. We don't really have aftermarket poly options on the passenger side and trans mount though.

FWIW, I have the Kirkosaurus inserts and they stiffen things up nicely.

I am running the Kirk inserts on my AllTrac as well. They are a great option. Especially for the money.

sick90celica
08-13-2013, 10:57 PM
thanks. i'll replace the egr valve mount gasket and see if that keeps me from having to remove the intake manifold. i put my hand over my intake pipe and its sucking air from somewhere high on the driver side rear of the engine. seems like an easier place to start. as for the mount inserts, i might have to fork out that 55 bucks for the pair. filling them with the calk tube poly is a cool cheaper way to go, but i think im to impatiant to wait for it to cure before rinstalling my mounts. i'll try and post any productivity after some wrench time and dollars spent.

sick90celica
08-17-2013, 12:07 AM
egr valve mount gasket. $1.59. didnt help that egr valve leaked from nozzle off side and from metal hose to block from bottom. stupid wide open mut turbo didnt help either. hopin jb weld will hold the rpm's down till i find a better fix. p.s. read the posts on egr delete kit. you guys are good. still might get it anyway from phenix motorsports. not because i expect alot. only a good sealed engine. compressions nice. aiming for window seal made from poly from the auto stores. rpm's get low then i need this motor to sit still while reving.