PDA

View Full Version : Official Ogopogo 2013 Autocross Results

ChrisD
08-12-2013, 07:12 AM
Here are the official results from our 1st ever, all Toyota autocross event (and one Mazda!). Once again, thank you to everyone who came to participate, and thank you even more to those who volunteered without even driving. You really were the cog in the whole operation. THANK YOU!!!

Note: Results from the whiteboard can't be taken as official as there could have been an error from when it was input into the spreadsheet and then written on the whiteboard. The results below are from the official spreadsheet.

If you do however see an error, please let me know and I will take a look.

By Class

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/4/autocross-results.png (http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=23167)

*after review of the results, we have decided to move the 7th gens to the Mild class. This does not impact any awards / placings.

All Run Data

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/4/autocross-results-full_222556.png (http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=23166)

Tara
08-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Awesome! Thanks for posting! It was a total blast!

Also, this makes me feel like we could almost run our own events in Calgary... If we could get Seamus to come! :P

Luni
08-12-2013, 11:48 PM
Damn Chris. How did you get out autocrossed by a MK2 Supra?

:p

T-spoon
08-13-2013, 01:07 AM
Damn Chris. How did you get out autocrossed by a MK2 Supra?

:p

Too much grip. :hehe: (also Supras are better cars than ol' Luni grumpypants wants to admit)

Luni
08-13-2013, 01:30 AM
I dunno. I just cant see a supra out autocrossing a GT4 thats all. What does a MK2 supra weigh?

In autocross weight is the name of the game. The car that weighs less will oftentimes win against the heavier car unless theres a HUGE power difference.

T-spoon
08-13-2013, 01:45 AM
I dunno. I just cant see a supra out autocrossing a GT4 thats all. What does a MK2 supra weigh?

In autocross weight is the name of the game. The car that weighs less will oftentimes win against the heavier car unless theres a HUGE power difference.

MK2 should weigh less than a GT4, and has more power, and doesn't understeer. There's also a significant power difference in this case

ChrisD
08-13-2013, 01:51 AM
Jeez, ya beat out all the other gt4s and still take heat! :P

Anyway he has something like 450whp, has way more solid suspension and top tier tires (star specs I think?) . My clutch was slipping like gangbusters (wouldn't hold at all in 2nd) and I have cheap Chinese made Nankang tires. Plus Ryan is a great driver.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

RyanD
08-13-2013, 03:13 AM
Haha. I have the lightweight thing figured out, but it doesn't equate to victory without traction. Those Nankangs weren't helping you guys!

ChrisD
08-13-2013, 01:48 PM
MK2 Supra weighs in stock at 3000 lbs. GT4 is about 3300. So there ya go.

Tara
08-13-2013, 07:25 PM
... and Ryan's done some pretty significant weight removal. So, ~450rwhp, with a car that weighs ~2700 lbs. With sticky tires and stiff suspension. Even though his car is set up for high speed lapping, he still seems to get the jump on those of us with 205s! (And the asshole sure can drive... :P )

I've been told that I need to stop being so damn smooth and give it the beans! I shoulda had you guys with the Nankangs, but you guys are way crazier than I am. Lol! What a blast. And serious props to everyone for running their cars.

SupraFiend
08-15-2013, 07:05 AM
Ryan's car isn't 2700lbs, mines only at 2790 currently and I've dropped more weight then he has.

Those weren't regular mk2 Supras. Experienced drivers in fairly well sorted cars (coil overs, sways, motor swaps, etc), but still street tires. I run kumho v700 race tires at most autoxes, but didn't feel like hauling them to the interior. My streets suck, one day I'll show up with some good rubber :).
Anyways, Chris's time was awesome. You hit at any local events in the last year Chris? You were much faster then last year. That afternoon heat was also doing the GT4s alot of good I noticed.

Tara, you posted some wicked times, especially considering your car is basically stock. Smoother is generally faster at autox.

KoreanJoey
08-15-2013, 09:47 AM
You guys make me lol.

PS: Good job David, my elderly padawan.

ChrisD
08-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Joey - you need to come next year to show us up!

No, didn't do any other events last year but I'm hoping to do more once my 165 is ready. Later in the afternoon the tires seemed to get spongy enough that helped get out of the tight corners. Also, I started using 1st more, just bouncing off the limiter instead of trying to shift to 2nd which wasn't gripping really anyway (clutch).

All in all it was great to see so many of us in similar cars, all with varying degrees of experience on the track having fun.

Seamus, thank you again for your work in organizing the event. Amazing how smoothly you had everything running. Got a lot of great feedback from people.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

KAOS
08-15-2013, 06:04 PM
... and Ryan's done some pretty significant weight removal.

Yeah, like sound-deadening removal... my ears are still ringing from the drive home. :P

Funkycheeze
08-18-2013, 10:14 PM
HAH yeah. It is definitely lighter than stock. A stock 205 would hand a stock mk2 supra its ass in autox. But as Seamus said, the supras were not even close to stock in any way.

Tara
08-19-2013, 06:12 AM
Tara, you posted some wicked times, especially considering your car is basically stock. Smoother is generally faster at autox.

Awww, thanks Seamus! Too bad all the Calgary autoX events are now either in Red Deer or Fort Macleod... I liked it when they rented the lot five minutes from my house. I'd like to do more.

It sure was fun watching those seriously non-stock Supras burn around the track - which was FANTASTIC, by the way!! Major props for coming up with the track design and making it super easy for us all to execute! I know I speak for every one in echoing the sentiment that we really appreciated all you did for that event.

yotafan
08-28-2013, 07:32 AM
Damn that was too much fun.
Also, nice to represent the MKII's along with Ryan and Seamus
Dave ( white MKII Supra)