PDA

View Full Version : hello fellow Celica owners!!!!

TANGO03C
08-09-2013, 03:26 AM
my name is Matt. I'm 27, born and raised in San Antonio, Texas. I'm a union electrician going into my second year of the NJATC 5 year program. I currently own a 1993 Celica GT. I bought this car as my little toy/work car. I have yet to do any modifications yet because I want to Fo shine research first. I love this car. its actually my 2nd Celica. my first one was my first car ever and it was a 1990 Celica ST. just had to buy another now I'm older and can do what I want with it :facesjump: so if anyone has any suggestions it comments feel free to write back or message me. I'm going to start my research. engine is currently a stock 5SFE. thanx everybody

The Captain
08-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Hello and welcome. 5 speed?

TANGO03C
08-09-2013, 09:11 PM
yes, definitely a 5spd manual tranny. only 148,000 original miles so that's why I'm fighting myself on what o do. it's still runs well, so I'm trying o decide if I should just go ahead and rebuild the engine to help if I start to modify thus engine or start buying parts for a swap or save up for the whole clip. I'm very god with mechanical work and electrical is my job so ask I seem to see people having trouble with its all the tools necessary to make it as smith as possible.

TANGO03C
08-09-2013, 09:15 PM
sorry for the misspellings. I blame swipe on my phone lol. I also bought the Hanes manual when I bought the car and already replaced my radiator with a solid aluminum one since I live in Texas an the plastic one cracked.

The Captain
08-10-2013, 07:04 PM
3SGTE swap. Only way to go.

Shadowlife25
08-12-2013, 03:25 AM
Save up for a 3sgte swap and just make sure you stay on top of routine maintenance in the mean time. If you take your time and do it properly, you can have something to really be proud of and enjoy for many years to come.
Just check out The Captain's ride. She is named Princess. ;)