PDA

View Full Version : a couple of alltrac/5gen questions

crymson
08-01-2013, 08:01 AM
A couple questions.So, I've got my alltrac rear end on stands while I'm looking for a rear right wheel speed sensor. So:
1) are the rear wheel speed sensors (the ABS sensor) compatible between Alltrac's and FWD celicas?
2) Since the car is going nowhere and the gas tank is empty I'm thinking about replacing the swaybar. Is there anything else I should do with the swaybar off?

alltracman78
08-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Different part #s for the speed sensor.
Most likely not a bolt on.

You could do the swaybar bushings and end links, but they're easy to do with the car all together, so it's not a big deal either way.

crymson
08-01-2013, 06:19 PM
I believe this is the part number: 89545‑20060
(assuming that the RH of the vehicle is the the US passenger side)

But now that I've found that it doesn't look like any other vehicle uses that sensor.

underscore
08-01-2013, 06:49 PM
I'm assuming you mean rear swaybar? What does that have to do with the gas tank?

crymson
08-02-2013, 05:47 AM
I remember reading that you have to drop the gas tank to get the swaybar out. Am I remembering incorrectly?

METDeath
08-02-2013, 09:05 AM
Gas tank dropping (but not full removal) is required for the FWD sway bar.

I can't speak for the AWD sway bar.

Shadowlife25
08-02-2013, 11:33 AM
reinforcing the rear diff cushion would be something to consider

underscore
08-02-2013, 03:08 PM
I didn't end up taking mine out, but on my RC the only thing keeping the rear bar in was the exhaust after the bushings and endlinks are removed.

crymson
08-03-2013, 02:40 AM
@Shadowlife25 you're talking about the bushings in the rear diff mount?

Shadowlife25
08-03-2013, 04:55 AM
@Shadowlife25 you're talking about the bushings in the rear diff mount?

The large kind of rectangular one that cradles the rear diff, yeah. Most guys just backfill it with window weld or the like. High shore rating stuff.
I just figured if he has the stuff out already then it is that much easier.

Nitro_Alltrac
08-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Mario is talking about the one that goes between the rear diff and the suspension cradle. It is actual on the back of the diff facing the rear of the car. The factory one is rubber and over time will tear and allow the diff to move, making a clunking noise.

Like Mario said, a lot of people will take it off and fill the thing with urethane as the OEM replacement is pretty pricey. Using a solid aluminum one is also an option. You will have more driveline noise as the aluminum does not insulate anything like the rubber. I've got one of these on my car. The added noise, to me any way, is not that noticeable.

crymson
08-03-2013, 09:10 PM
What are the options on the aluminum ones? I'm trying to build a fun car, so a little noise isn't an issue for me.

Nitro_Alltrac
08-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Mine was on the car when I got it but I'm pretty sure that it came from Mario Koenig. I'm not sure if he's on the board here or not but he is on AT.net. I got the stub axles from him for my 205 diff. Great guy. His screen name there is st185-sainz.

I think there are some other places that make them too but I don't have any names off the top of my head though. I'll look around and see if I can come up with anything.