PDA

View Full Version : Notification

Hookecho
07-20-2013, 11:39 PM
This is Jamie White, I am a friend and co-worker of Bruce's. I regret to inform everyone that Bruce was struck by a vehicle while on duty and passed away. If anyone needs to contact Jennifer (his wife) this account will be left active and a pm will be responded to eventually.

4thgenceli
07-21-2013, 12:47 AM
Even though I only met him once, he bent over backwards to help out his friends anyway he could. This is really sad to hear, I am truly upset. Jennifer, my heart & thoughts and those of my family are with you. Please, if there is anything we can help with let me know. Is there an account setup anywhere?

Hookecho
07-21-2013, 01:02 AM
Thank you. I don't know arrangements yet, since he was killed in the line of duty. If you would, please let Cappy, Luni, and Murg know- he was closest to them, I believe. Thank you
-Jennifer

Murgatroy
07-21-2013, 01:06 AM
I don't even know what to say.

Jennifer, I am at a loss for words.

Bruce was one of a kind and a hell of a man, I was proud to call him a friend.

If you need anything, just ask.

Car_Barn_Bandit
07-21-2013, 01:20 AM
I just spoke with Bruce yesterday. He cleaned out some of his spare parts to help keep my car up and running.

He's helped me a number of times with both automotive and personal things. He was a good friend, a great person and I'll miss him.

Godspeed sir. You, your family and your friends will be in my thoughts and prayers.

donteatbugs
07-21-2013, 01:42 AM
I'm so sad to hear this :'(
I'll probably attend the funeral or wake since I'm probably the closest to Mississippi. If you find out the arrangements you can text me at 2517145669. Thanks

andy
07-21-2013, 01:44 AM
Just heard, im truly sorry for your loss, bruce was a great guy and the world is a lesser place without him. If there's anything I can do let me know.

CriScO
07-21-2013, 01:45 AM
There are very few men I respect as I did Bruce.

Jennifer, you have family here if we are ever needed.

The Captain
07-21-2013, 01:52 AM
Jennifer-

Call me when you're ready. I'll be in Jackson when you need it.

four-0-four/ 9-six-5/Five855

Luni
07-21-2013, 01:57 AM
I want to be there if I can too. Please let us know arrangements if you get them

eight zero one - three four seven - six six nine six

celica9303
07-21-2013, 02:27 AM
RIP brother you will be missed.

If you need anything from the community let us know. He was family.

Nitro_Alltrac
07-21-2013, 02:33 AM
I'm floored. I saw Celica9303's comment on the front page and clicked it see what was going on. I never expected to see this.

I never met Bruce in person but we had talked a lot and I considered him a hell of a guy. I was thinking about trying to meet up with him for a little while on my way back to WV in September.

If there is anything I can do, please let me know. I don't know if I can make the services but please let us know the details.

Jennifer I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

MrWOT
07-21-2013, 03:23 AM
I'm so, so sorry Jennifer. The whole world dimmed a little this day :(

Rest in peace Bruce.

Shadowlife25
07-21-2013, 03:27 AM
I don't even know what to say... I just got off the phone with Murg and he told me what happened. Bruce was a wonderful man. I still remember spending hours on the phone with him helping him build his car. He was one of the best people I have had the pleasure of knowing and his loss is deeply felt. If there is anything that we can do, please let us know.

METDeath
07-21-2013, 04:00 AM
I'd also like to know about arrangements.

CollapsedNut
07-21-2013, 04:23 AM
I just got a call from Murg that I hoped I'd never get. Bruce was just an amazing person and I had such a great time doing that engine swap with him and Murg, and I've never seen a guy go out of his way so far to help someone. Bruce was just a great person and I really wish I could talk to him just once more. I will be attending any services as I have to say goodbye to this man in person, he deserves it. I love you guys, and I just want everyone to know that because this makes you realize that even your freinds are mortal.

manda
07-21-2013, 04:26 AM
I was in shock when Chris called me this evening to tell me. Bruce was an amazing man and helped me with both car and personal things on a few occasions. He will be greatly missed. As many others have said, Jennifer if you need anything do not hesitate to ask. Justin and my thoughts are with you and your family.

Hookecho
07-21-2013, 04:31 AM
Thank you for all the kind words. I'm honestly in such shock that it hasn't sunk in yet. I keep expecting to walk through the door, having been in the shop working on his car or bike or something. It's so unreal. You guys are very much his family. He loved you all more than most of his own family, in fact. I'm sure I will have to deal with arrangements tomorrow. I will let you know about it

T-spoon
07-21-2013, 04:43 AM
A great loss. Even though I'm too far away to come to any services and I never met him in person, you and the rest of his family have my sincere condolences. He will definitely be missed by many.

CollapsedNut
07-21-2013, 05:21 AM
I want it to be known that if financial assistance is needed for anyone to make it to Bruces service I am willing to help. Don't let money be the reason you can't make it. Don't be shy to ask, I can't promise I can fully fund your trip but certainly help. ASK IF YOU NEED HELP!!! If I find out you didn't come because of money and you didn't ask I will never talk to you again.

Car_Barn_Bandit
07-21-2013, 05:25 AM
It'll likely be very expensive for me to attend. I'd much rather take whatever money I'd use on a flight and put it toward a worthy cause in Bruce's name.

grimmythereaper
07-21-2013, 05:42 AM
part of me doesnt believe this has happened, as i was reading this thread i was expecting to find a horrible missed place joke about this not being true. i had to look this up just to make sure this was true, i didnt know bruce on a personal level, just from the site and he was always helping members on the site whenever he could. Celicatech well be a little less welcoming, its been said over and over again so far but if you need anything Jennifer let us know, we are here for you the same way bruce was here for us.

Luni
07-21-2013, 06:03 AM
We are all here for you Jennifer.

CollapsedNut
07-21-2013, 06:12 AM
I bet you Bruce was thinking "Hell YEAH, free grill!!"

celicatuner92
07-21-2013, 06:32 AM
This is very sad. I met Bruce at the dragon and he seemed like a great guy. Thoughts and prayers go out to all his family from my wife and I.

crymson
07-21-2013, 08:42 AM
I'm stunned. I never met Bruce, but he instantly gained my respect from my interactions here with him. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

VikingJZ
07-21-2013, 11:12 AM
This is really upsetting.

My thoughts are with you Jennifer and your family.

Once arrangements are set, if anyone over FB can message me about it, please let me know. I'm currently in Poland, but if i need to catch an earlier flight home I can try to do so. No international phone plan for me, so Facebook or audstuen@gmail.com are the best ways to reach me.

Rest in Peace Bruce.

Hookecho
07-21-2013, 12:21 PM
They've set up a facebook page through Heroes Memorial. https://www.facebook.com/OfficerBruceJacob

Hookecho
07-21-2013, 12:24 PM
I just got a call from Murg that I hoped I'd never get. Bruce was just an amazing person and I had such a great time doing that engine swap with him and Murg, and I've never seen a guy go out of his way so far to help someone. Bruce was just a great person and I really wish I could talk to him just once more. I will be attending any services as I have to say goodbye to this man in person, he deserves it. I love you guys, and I just want everyone to know that because this makes you realize that even your freinds are mortal.

Oh, wow, you made me laugh for the first time. You're probably right! We did need a new grill, lol! Thank you for that

ChrisD
07-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Wow, in complete shock. Jennifer & family, our hearts are with you.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

underscore
07-21-2013, 04:59 PM
This is horrible to hear, rest in peace Bruce

Hipster Lawrence
07-21-2013, 05:29 PM
Holy shit, I just saw this on FB. I thought that it HAD to be some other Bruce. I'm actually tearing up right now. I just don't know what to say. Bruce was such a cool guy. I'm just at a loss.

david in germany
07-21-2013, 05:38 PM
I have been at a loss for words since I read.. Bruce, you are in my memory as a hero my brother. Keeping the world safe from many dangers. Rest in peace.

sloceli
07-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Always a great guy! A pm from Bruce, always willing to help any way he could.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookecho
fed ex tracking # is 468703610138032

shipping was $27. my paypal account is ravenjeh2002@yahoo.com

i couldn't remember your name when i got to fed ex, lol. so tell whoever is expecting the package that the name on it is Slo Celi. i told the fed ex agent you was a frenchman.

oh, pay no attention to the football.

Mr. Babb
07-22-2013, 12:04 AM
Sorry for your loss Jennifer. Bruce was a great guy and will be truly missed by many. This has hit me pretty hard since I am also an officer and could see myself in a similar situation. If you need anything feel free to call me 2 zero 5, 7 nine 2, 0 nine 4 seven.

R.I.P Bruce!

joe's gt
07-22-2013, 12:14 AM
I am pretty much speechless right now. Found out through Chris D's facebook post. I haven't been on here in awhile, and i normally don't get emotional about other people's deaths, but I had a hard time keeping my voice from breaking when telling my gf about what happened. I didn't personally know Bruce, but he was a huge help in getting me out of a bind once in supplying me a JDM ecu when my car went down and I desperately needed transportation to get to work. Its amazing how much respect you can develop for a person from just reading what they write on a daily basis and never even talking to them in person. I'm so sorry for your loss. Honestly it doesn't feel right and it doesn't feel fair for a person with that much moral integrity to be taken away. I think you have already seen what Bruce has meant to this community, and I can only imagine how many other lives he has touched in a positive way. He will be sorely missed.

BabyBear
07-22-2013, 12:23 AM
I am at a complete loss of words. Robb called me yesterday to tell me. I'm gonna miss you hoochikoo, you were easily one of my favorite people here. Always looked forward to seeing you at the dragon. RIP brother

alltracman78
07-22-2013, 01:47 AM
That's a goddamn shame......
My condolences to the family.

vip09
07-22-2013, 04:33 AM
I saw someone post a link to the news article on Facebook and was hoping it was another Bruce. I really hate to see this happen to such a good guy. Bruce will be dearly missed. Keeping his family in my thoughts.

Grot
07-22-2013, 05:43 AM
I read the first post, and thought this was a fucked up joke.
I never met bruce in person, but we talked a few times.

If theres any way we i can help, please let me know.

Brucey, you will be missed.

Galcobar
07-22-2013, 07:48 AM
My condolences to you Jennifer, and all those in Bruce's life. Even knowing him only through his postings on Celicatech, his integrity, intelligence and generosity of spirit (not to mention time) impressed me, sometimes most particularly when discussing the bigger issues in life beyond cars.

Luni
07-22-2013, 08:24 AM
He was definitely a people person.

Its going to take awhile for this to sink in...

Hed want us all to have a beer and make some poor taste bad cop joke or something.

Hookecho
07-22-2013, 03:15 PM
yes, you all need to go have a beer and talk celica for him. he would want that.

Lonestag
07-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Oh no.

I just saw this, I thought the same thing a lot of us thought, this was some sort of joke.

I had to choke back tears while I was on the line with a customer.

Jennifer, Ashley and my thoughts are with you and your family!!

Bruce was a hell of a guy and we are all so lucky to have known him!

Terracar
07-22-2013, 07:40 PM
I am shocked. I did not know Bruce as well as so many others on here, but none the less, quite a shock.

Bruce was always a stand up guy and certainly had my respect. In a few times I had pmed with him, there was no limit to his willingness to help someone else.

My thoughts go out to you and the family.

-Terracar/Joe

Facime
07-22-2013, 11:21 PM
I didnt know Bruce personally, and to be honest I dont think we cared for each other much. I think because we were alot alike in all the wrong ways, and completely different in all the others. None of that matters now. Anyone who puts their life on the line in the service of others is a hero in my book and Im very saddened to hear this awful news. Im not sad for Bruce, thats not really how I view life and death. Im sad for all the people (^^ you guys) that knew and loved the guy. My deepest condolences for all. :(

Luni
07-23-2013, 08:12 AM
I'm not sad for Bruce either. Just us mortals. He's immortal now.

surfergravity
07-23-2013, 10:03 PM
Hook, man. You were awesome.

Going to miss you around here. Truly.

You talk about a guy who was funny or interesting every time he posted something on here. It is painful to think about him being gone.

My heart goes out for your family friends and loved ones.

Car_Barn_Bandit
07-23-2013, 11:28 PM
He'd be proud of turning a group of women's-car lovers super lame over this.

I hope we're doing him right.

MCcelica
07-23-2013, 11:35 PM
I still don't even know what to say. I was really looking forward to meeting him at the 2014 dragon... Prayers are with y'all. I'll figure out something to do to help when I'm not stuck in Virginia.

jaydog82
07-24-2013, 04:39 AM
Damn I just saw this, my condolences go out to his family. He will be missed

Sent from my Nexus 4

Car_Barn_Bandit
07-24-2013, 06:47 AM
I got a package in the mail from Bruce today.

I am sad.

jaydog82
07-24-2013, 05:01 PM
Ya that sucks :(

Sent from my Nexus 4

david in germany
07-24-2013, 08:58 PM
I got a package in the mail from Bruce today.

I am sad.

You better give him a damed good trader rating!! He is no longer with us and STILL held up his part of the agreement. Some people that are still with us can't even do that.

Car_Barn_Bandit
07-24-2013, 09:03 PM
You better give him a damed good trader rating!! He is no longer with us and STILL held up his part of the agreement. Some people that are still with us can't even do that.

I'm marinating on my response to this.

david in germany
07-24-2013, 09:09 PM
I'm marinating on my response to this.

I am approaching the situation as i think he would have wanted us to. Please don't take it wrong. I got sick to my stomach when I heard about what happened and it is still painful for us all. But we still can smile about the man and who he was.

Car_Barn_Bandit
07-24-2013, 11:03 PM
It's happy hour here soon. I'm going to take a photo of myself raising a beer to a good friend. I'll try and make it as funny as possible.

Nitro_Alltrac
07-24-2013, 11:43 PM

Leave it to Bruce to make most people look like chumps.

Luni
07-25-2013, 05:33 AM
It's happy hour here soon. I'm going to take a photo of myself raising a beer to a good friend. I'll try and make it as funny as possible.

We didnt get any pictures doing this, but all of us in Jackson last night (including Jamie, his best friend) raised our beers/drinks to Bruce.

Murgatroy
07-25-2013, 05:59 AM
For those interested, the public service for Bruce will be Friday at 11am at Thalia Mara Hall in Jackson.

This would be a chance for any that wanted to say good bye but were unable to attend Tuesday's service.

http://www.wapt.com/news/central-mississippi/jackson/friends-family-gather-to-remember-officer-killed-on-interstate/-/9156912/21129100/-/bi5ksw/-/index.html

METDeath
07-25-2013, 06:31 AM
We didnt get any pictures doing this, but all of us in Jackson last night (including Jamie, his best friend) raised our beers/drinks to Bruce.

I have pictures of the three shots I lined up for myself and two friends that were very supportive when I found out I probably wasn't going to make it. Thankfully the next day corrected the not making it thing.

Luni
07-26-2013, 11:06 PM
Im going to close this thread. I dont want to forget about Bruce. Ill never forget him. But I dont want to be constantly reminded of it either.