PDA

View Full Version : 3sgte parts

muscle_bound89@Live.com
07-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Ok so from 5sfte build threads ive looked into
they said for head work send out your cams to colt cams or webcams.

Use 3sgte valves and springs or 2jz depending if you got a 1993 5s or higher I believe those are the years.
Use 2jz cam gear.

anybody had any luck with this or herd of this?

From somewhere I read said the cam gear on the 5s camshaft is welded onto the cam. possible to take it off and put 2jz cam gear on it.

I really do plan on going through with this build may take a few months but ill get it done.

muscle_bound89@Live.com
07-20-2013, 06:11 PM
will be getting head ported and polished along with the intake.

alltracman78
07-28-2013, 04:47 AM
Jesus................

The cam gear for the timing belt is bolted on. Just like every other car out there.
The gear on the camshaft that mates it to the other camshaft is part of the camshaft. But the 2JZ doesn't have that, so you don't have to worry about it.

Luni
07-28-2013, 08:30 AM
You want to run 2JZ valves OR you can run 3S valves. Shit like this needs to be answered by Mrturrari. As for the 2JZ cam gear, yeah you can use one, but you need to machine about 1mm off the inside of where it mounts so it can clear.

Ill tell Jeff to pop in here and answer your questions though. Hes the 5SFE king. Pretty sure nobody knows more about the stupid thing than he does.

muscle_bound89@Live.com
07-29-2013, 08:01 AM
Appriciate it. Yea from what read have to machine out the cam gear.
And ive found the 3s valves and springs all over the place. Rockauto might be the best option for oem parts and failry cheap.

I did this research on the 350z fourms my daily driver is a 350z only made about 15 extra hp with expensive ass cams and over sized valves. but the guy was keeping it NA i would like to hope it would be more worth the money when turbo.
Not to mention spending 3 times the amount on nissan as compared to the celica.

muscle_bound89@Live.com
09-21-2014, 09:06 AM
Brian Crower sells all the parts i needed. I got all the valve stuf for about 900 dollars. springs, shims, valve guids, valves.
the after market springs are way more stiff than the stock ones so should be able to rev it past 5 grand now.