PDA

View Full Version : attn: 5th gen vert owners

celica9303
07-16-2013, 02:18 AM
I want to remove the trim around the top of the doors/around the base of the convertible top.

Do these moulding snap on to the edge of the door/rear body? Or are the bolted some how. The moulding around the base of the top is looking preety shoty so I want to remove all of it and paint it and re-install.

Thanks

grimmythereaper
07-16-2013, 08:35 AM
u could mask it off and paint the strip ur talking about, but when i did the rust cheak on my vert when i got her a few months back i didnt see or feel any bolts that hold that trim peice on, but i may be mistaking bc my car was repainted at some point in her life time, so the bolts if there where any arnt there now

jdm_celica_gts
07-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Ask the captain. I'm sure he came across something when he did his secret project. I haven't had my vert for 4 years so I don't remember how they were held on.

The Captain
07-16-2013, 05:27 PM
Pop the trunk. Remove all the screws. Pops right off.

As far as the door glass seals, they snap in with the exception of a few small screws or little plugs. The little seal for the back little power windows has a plug under the door seal.

(all from memory, your experience may vary)

grimmythereaper
07-16-2013, 08:17 PM
just opened my trunk and found screws under the trunk lid, one on each side, didnt see anything beyond that

celica9303
07-17-2013, 01:24 AM
Pop the trunk. Remove all the screws. Pops right off.

As far as the door glass seals, they snap in with the exception of a few small screws or little plugs. The little seal for the back little power windows has a plug under the door seal.

(all from memory, your experience may vary)

Thanks John.