PDA

View Full Version : Windshield washer pump not what it should be

Nitro_Alltrac
07-14-2013, 04:30 PM
OK, the replacement NAPA washer pump I put in few years ago died. It worked fine one day, nothing the next. As many of you may know, it seems that direct aftermarket replacement pumps aren't out there for the Celica hatch (front & rear washers), at least that's been my experience.

So, I found a used Toyota OEM pump on Ebay that was supposed to work. I got it last week and put it in Friday. It does work, you can hear the pump running for both the front and rear. The only problem is, nothing comes out the nozzles. I pulled the feed hose at the hood and checked it. An 80 year old can piss harder than what this thing is putting out. There's not enough pressure to go through the nozzles. I checked and the lines are clear.

Just to backup my own thoughts, this looks like I've got a pump on its way out, right? I have not checked the voltages at the plug but the old pump worked before it died and this pump "sounds" right. It doesn't sound like it's spinning slow or anything.

Hookecho
07-14-2013, 05:42 PM
Yeah, the pump is toast. I think I may have a good pump though. I'll see if it's still on the shelf and if so I will test it. If it works I'll send it to you.

Nitro_Alltrac
07-15-2013, 02:32 AM
Thanks Bruce. I'm going to contact the seller. They guaranteed it not to be DOA. I guess technically it's not but it doesn't work as it should.

Ads28
07-15-2013, 04:44 AM
Maybe our cars are twins haha my pump went for a shit to , I thought I was out of fluid ... ( can hear the pump going but nothing comes out ) filled it up. To which it was basically full ... Disconnected lines blew air threw em ... Disconnected the line right at the nozzle n pushed spray , Just dribbles out no pressure at all :(

Luni
07-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Hey, dont you WORK for Toyota? LOL.

Nitro_Alltrac
07-15-2013, 10:33 PM
Yes, I work for Toyota but Tundras and Tacomas don't have rear washers. About the only thing you can't get on one.