PDA

View Full Version : Two things that happened tonight

jdm_celica_gts
07-10-2013, 06:53 AM
Number one is I found out that my 90' all trac if you turn the brights on, it will turn off your fog lights.... Why?

And number two, since I fixed my o2 and coolant temp sensor and got my af ratios normal I just hit 300 miles on a little less than 3/4 tank. Seems pretty good to me. I wa getting 235-245 on a full tank( all the way till gas light) so I'm super stoked about that.

Galcobar
07-10-2013, 07:37 AM
The appropriate atmospheric conditions for fog lights are the opposite for high beams -- one should never use high beams in foggy conditions.

On my Canadian Celica, which uses fog lights for daytime running lights, the fogs turn on with the engine and off with the headlights, unless you switch them on.

jdm_celica_gts
07-10-2013, 01:47 PM
I usually just run my foglights with my headlights at night. I didn't know they shut off when you turn on your high beams though.

Nitro_Alltrac
07-11-2013, 04:49 AM
All of the Celicas, All Trac or not, are wired this way. Fog/road lights are on with the low beams, off with the high beams. There is a write up in the DYI section here on how to rewire so that they you can turn them on indepedantly.

Actually, I think most factory fog/road lights work this same way. I'm pretty sure the ones on my IS are like this and I know the ones on my Suburban work this way.

You fuel mileage is looking pretty good. That's about what I get on mine in normal city/commuting driving.

jdm_celica_gts
07-11-2013, 05:22 AM
Hmm I guess I never noticed cause I wired my gts to run independently. I have about 360 miles and its right about time for the gas light to come on. So nice to finally have this car running smooth.

Nitro_Alltrac
07-11-2013, 11:44 AM
It's amazing how super rich affects the fuel mileage.

Murgatroy
07-11-2013, 05:23 PM
It is that way on all cars, I don't' know if it is law or what, but I have yet to see a car with factory fogs that work with the high beams.

Facime
07-11-2013, 06:12 PM
And dont be fooled by that either. Driving with your fog lights on in situations that would required you to use low beams for other cars on the road is also illegal in a lot of states. (in other words, if you need to dim for other cars, you cant have fogs lights on either).

jdm_celica_gts
07-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Hmm I don't think New Mexico has a law against that. You can run hids in your fog lights and not have to worry about cops. There is a lot to love about this state with cars... No emissions, you can mod the hell out of anything you want, and no rust :)

Finally filled up this morning 370 miles/13.5 gallons=27 mpgs haha suck on that Prius. Not really but it's not too bad for a car a lot more fun to drive then most economical cars.

underscore
07-12-2013, 04:59 AM
Technically in most places it's illegal to run fog lights when there's no fog, but I've never, ever heard of anyone getting ticketed for that.

As far as the highs turning off the fogs, again in many places it's illegal to run more than 4 lights on the front at a time (so low + fog, or low + high, but not all 3)

The Captain
07-12-2013, 02:21 PM
I think BMW's come with fog lights or turn signals. It seems most get the fog lights.

Facime
07-12-2013, 06:08 PM
I was pulled over for running the "fogs" back when I had the alltrac. Ive also been pulled over for "failure to dim headlights appropriately" in the 6G. Cops here are assholes.

Murgatroy
07-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Hmm I don't think New Mexico has a law against that. You can run hids in your fog lights and not have to worry about cops. There is a lot to love about this state with cars... No emissions, you can mod the hell out of anything you want, and no rust :)

Finally filled up this morning 370 miles/13.5 gallons=27 mpgs haha suck on that Prius. Not really but it's not too bad for a car a lot more fun to drive then most economical cars.
I get 30MPG in my Mustang with normal driving...

jdm_celica_gts
07-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Mustangs are everywhere in my town. Mustangs, camaros, and civics make up about 60% of the cars here. I own 25% (2) of the celicas in town haha.

Murgatroy
07-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Mustangs are everywhere because they are that awesome.

They are one of the most popular cars in `Murica for a reason.

Facime
07-12-2013, 10:23 PM

Because people are stupid!? seriously, most 'muricans have so little class and taste thats its disturbing. All one need do is look at the pop culture full of Kardashians and Biebers and the popularity of shows like Duck Dynasty and Lizard Lick Towing to see that this country is full of imbeciles and sheeple.

This site is already full enough of imbred godfearing rednecks, stop trying to make more of your kind. :bash:

Dont you think you've :deadhorse: long enough?

Lonestag
07-12-2013, 10:53 PM

I don't get it, why is Murg doing bodywork on his car already?

underscore
07-13-2013, 05:48 AM
Because people are stupid!? seriously, most 'muricans have so little class and taste thats its disturbing. All one need do is look at the pop culture full of Kardashians and Biebers and the popularity of shows like Duck Dynasty and Lizard Lick Towing to see that this country is full of imbeciles and sheeple.

This site is already full enough of imbred godfearing rednecks, stop trying to make more of your kind. :bash:

Amen to that.

I don't get it, why is Murg doing bodywork on his car already?

This is gold.

The Captain
07-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Looks like he's trying to get it started.

I just noticed the Mustang emblem is correct. Notice two front legs and only one back leg? Independent front and model T/truck axle/solid rear LOLz!

Murgatroy
07-14-2013, 06:38 AM
Are folks really that frustrated over my incessant chatter about the Mustang?

I figured I would go on about it for at least a year, but if I am starting to upset folks, I suppose I could quit in a couple of weeks.

I am disappointed though I expected better from Facime, at least John and Ian can give me hell without getting upset.

alltracman78
07-14-2013, 04:35 PM

That must be why Brittney Spears and the Backdoor Boyz sold so many records. :hehe:

Facime
07-14-2013, 06:23 PM
I thought the use of smilies automatically proves a comment is meant in good fun?

:thefinger:

Murgatroy
07-14-2013, 11:33 PM
Then in that case.

I am ready for my first oil change at 9700k. I think I might change it next week.